Sign in to follow this  
wildone85

moko chans R/C lecture

This is probably one of the more obscure bits of Tamiya print media but there was once a small series of pamphlets called Moko Chans RC lecture. It was some hints and tips about RC cars presented be some Japanese Manga Characters. any idea where that material could still be found?

I have quite a few of the pamphlets and they will be appearing very soon in the vintage review sections. I never did manage to find out how many there were though?

I'll check out the screensaver link it should work, but only full members can get to it.

Chris

The above screensaver link now works.

All this reminds me I was going to do a screensaver for each lecture...

I have many Moko Chan pamphlets, but as I didn't really collect them back when they were issued, I have no idea how many different were made. Next time I visit my parents, I will pick them up along with other "scanable" Tamiya stuff, and contact you Chris. Maybe we will be able to get a complete overview.

Moko Chan is now online - 8 of her adverntures are available at...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/articles.asp?type=4

It goes without saying if you have any more let me know...

Thanks to raemin for these who sent me the originals to scan, which i did and promptly returned. So if you haven't got a scanner just stick them in the post [:)]

Taking a page out a anime my standard girlish response shall be:

TEE HEE!id="blue">id="size6">

I always enjoyed seeing the moko chan series in the guidebooks and when I got my kits. Back in the 80's I put an order in directly to Tamiya here in the states and asked if they had any "goodies" for a tamiya nut. I received 2 Moko chan books covering 1-17 and 18-33. I still have them, and will never part with them. I'd just like to know if anybody else has seen them in book form, or just the single pages? How many adventures were made?

I always enjoyed seeing the moko chan series in the guidebooks and when I got my kits. Back in the 80's I put an order in directly to Tamiya here in the states and asked if they had any "goodies" for a tamiya nut. I received 2 Moko chan books covering 1-17 and 18-33. I still have them, and will never part with them. I'd just like to know if anybody else has seen them in book form, or just the single pages? How many adventures were made?

Seven years, four months ... that's possibly the oldest thread resurection _ever_ B):P

I wasn't aware of the Mokochan lectures being bound up into books - sounds like you may have a bit of a rarity there.

As for how high the series went, if you take a look at the "Reference ... Vintage Media ... Leaflets" section on the other half of the site here, there's a Mokochan #49 on the 1st page, so I guess they went at least that high ...

That Fast Attack Vehicle is... adorable (not sure I would ever say that about the F.A.V.!).

I have the screensaver to use at any time, and there was that TC competition entry that had the pair 20-odd years later talking "exploded views." I saved that one, too - it was great for laughs :D

Thank you so much for posting these Greg! Here are a few more:

(As I've had them on my PC for 7+ years, I unfortunately don't know the source anymore)

10577075_10152228923217407_6037270516696

1554598_10152228923222407_66801669383850

10523870_10152228923237407_4199936812324

10420113_10152228923212407_2236089319847

10525931_10152228923227407_9068035416808

10265386_10152228937987407_5216265259773

• Like 1