dazaa

How Long Have You Waited For Stuff In The Post

Hi about 2 weeks ago i bought some 959 parts and i still havnt recieved them, how much longer should i wait before i tell the seller to chase up royal mail?

BTW they were sent 1st class from the uk

Thanks

I still waiting for stuff i bought two weeks ago before the postal strike.Things ive bought after the strike have arrived already.I dont know how the system works but you would have thought the backlog would be at the front for delivery.I just hope nothing went missing.

From the UK to the Netherlands,

Up to 1 month, depending the mood of the custom guys and seller :(

Last standing record ( hope it does not get improved ) ,

2 1/2 month from the USA.. , that was airmail btw!

Just recently found out that i am on the blacklist in the Netherlands at the custom guys,

affraid i bought a bit to much from Stella & Jason.

I am marked "merciant" , so all my parcels are now checked and hold.

( some sort of punishment )

Already found a way around it, for ovious reasons.. not mentioned online ,

but it took me about 1/2 a year to figur it out, that i was blacklisted that is.

As , the officials refused to give me a explination of any form.

Dispite many phonecall's

So, this is also a warning for fellow Dutch collectors..

YES , a blacklist does excist , and all your parcels ( number , declared ammount, sender ) are recorded

and stored for further use.

In basic, after a X ammount of imports, all your parcels are hold for checking from that date.

Stefan

Just recently found out that i am on the blacklist in the Netherlands at the custom guys,

but it took me about 1/2 a year to figur it out, that i was blacklisted that is.

Dispite many phonecall's

YES , a blacklist does excist , and all your parcels ( number , declared ammount, sender ) are recorded

In basic, after a X ammount of imports, all your parcels are hold for checking from that date.

Stefan

Wonder if this happens in the UK?

Big brother is certainly watching.

Dispite many phonecall's

Stefan

Do you now aprox. how many imports you did? And how did you figur out you was on the black list? I'm worried I'm on the list too..

I was awaiting 3 items that were sent nearly 2 weeks 1st class.

I recieved one item, a letter, on Friday. I am still awaiting the 2 other items, which are small parcels.

Hi you guys i got the parts this morning after 2 weeks and 3 days. I think i have beaten the record it took 3 months for super champ to arrive from the usa and i had to pay 30 pounds duty and it turned out to be a piece of junk. no way am i buying things from outside the EU without proper pictures.

Hope everyone gets thier things soon.

Bought a NIB fast attack 12 years ago from Japan - still haven't seen it... ahh the days before ebay when you got MAYBE 1/2 what you paid for.

Bought a NIB fast attack 12 years ago from Japan - still haven't seen it... ahh the days before ebay when you got MAYBE 1/2 what you paid for.

Are you serious how much did you pay for it? Do you have the details of the person you sent the money to? but it probaly dosnt matter now. Lets you hope you get it in the next few years.lol

At least if you do get it it will be proper vintage! :D

Dispite many phonecall's

Stefan

Frankly, I think you could complain about this to the "College Bescherming Persoonsgegevens" or maybe the Ombudsman.

Aren't they required by law to communicate the information to you if you ask for it? Potential court case, there... :D

Up to 1 month, depending the mood of the custom guys and seller ;)

Dispite many phonecall's

Stefan

I have bought many cars and parts all over the world the last three years. The last parcels from Jason came in in 4 days, so no trouble for me ;)

I'm getting a bit worried about all of those offical guys. Paypal wants to check on me because i've received a certain amount of money in the last three years on my account. All of those official guys keep an eye on us!! :D

Is there any example known that the tax authorities claim money from poor Tamiya collectors because they buy and sell stuff just to keep there hobby alive?? If you know any, please let me know. :(

PS- 3,5 weeks is the longest period i had to wait for something to arrive. It were decals from the UK.

Mr.Nismo...if you Sell a lot of stuff on ebay and have no means of proof of spending it...you could be liable for tax on it.You would need to prove that you`re selling the stuff to fund buying more,rather than looking like you`re selling it for profit.If you have receipts for the parts you`ve bought,then they can offset it against the amount you`ve earned on RC items.

Back again,

Well, not to entirely kill this topic,

But i can't complain, the thing is .. i should not know it ... "capishe??"

So numbers how many ect. i'll keep a bit private, but.. a bit of math & looking at the

date's of my showroom could get quite far.

( i am not a re-seller )

As internet is a bit to open for everybody, i can't say how i got the info how the system works,

As it was fully explained to me.

Just put it this way, from a source i would trust with my life & has first hand knowing about the

ins & outs of inland security.

There is a easy way around it, < partial, not fail proof > but if you know the system records :

- name & adress on the box ( yours ! )

- Sender on the box ( seller )

- Date ( calculating in a nice graph your frequently )

- Amount ( declared value on box )

Now, that date & amount are put in a database,

If your name (address) are passing a certain trigger ( amount and/or boxes amount )

You are blacklisted, and automatically all next boxes are took out of the "pile" for checking.

For NOW .. the system is not linked to bank traffic, as this is to well shielded by laws ( privacy )

Stefan

Mr.Nismo...if you Sell a lot of stuff on ebay and have no means of proof of spending it...you could be liable for tax on it.You would need to prove that you`re selling the stuff to fund buying more,rather than looking like you`re selling it for profit.If you have receipts for the parts you`ve bought,then they can offset it against the amount you`ve earned on RC items.

From my paypal and Mastercard accounts they can see how much i have spend. I can tell you that i have spend more than i have received during this three years, but on many parts i have bought i didn't had to pay tax. Is there an option they can claim tax after i have bought and payed all of my items? They can take my paypal receipts as an indication about how much tax i should have payed. On the other hand, isn't a case for customs to let me pay tax when an item comes in?

I live in Germany, JasonRC sets the mark. 4 days around the globe - and this man knows how to declare packages....

My worst examples

- 9 weeks from Belgium. But it was a hickup in the distribution centre in Brussels.

- 7 weeks from the US.

- 9 weeks from Australia.

Due to the low dollar value, I'd like to source more from the US.

But coming from the US, all packages are being scanned through customs resulting in addtl. taxes and fees if above declaration limit.

This is a real dilemma.

I live in Germany, JasonRC sets the mark. 4 days around the globe - and this man knows how to declare packages....

My worst examples

- 9 weeks from Belgium. But it was a hickup in the distribution centre in Brussels.

- 7 weeks from the US.

- 9 weeks from Australia.

Due to the low dollar value, I'd like to source more from the US.

But coming from the US, all packages are being scanned through customs resulting in addtl. taxes and fees if above declaration limit.

This is a real dilemma.

I have really no idea how they scan those packages but not very thoroughly I think. I assume they scan the packages here in Holland also, a friend ordered a Tamiya tank kit with all the options marked as gift with low value (from Stella) and it was delivered without any fees. The same goes for an Evo 5 which was delivered a few weeks ago..

I have really no idea how they scan those packages but not very thoroughly I think. I assume they scan the packages here in Holland also, a friend ordered a Tamiya tank kit with all the options marked as gift with low value (from Stella) and it was delivered without any fees. The same goes for an Evo 5 which was delivered a few weeks ago..

Here it seems anything the postman can carry isnt charged tax's but anything that comes in a van is no matter what the value. Longest i have waited for a parcel is 5 weeks if you dont include anything that comes from DInball, lol

How do you stand with insurance if you declare a low value, then it goes missing?

Surely the maximum claim would be the value on the box?

Or receipt if they've lost the box/ package?

Bit too risky IMO, cos i save quite hard for my toys, and would be gutted if one went missing!

How do you stand with insurance if you declare a low value, then it goes missing?

Surely the maximum claim would be the value on the box?

Or receipt if they've lost the box/ package?

Bit too risky IMO, cos i save quite hard for my toys, and would be gutted if one went missing!

If you order at Stellamodels or RC mart you could get it shipped with insurance. However on the box there still is a low value. I never had a lost package (yet). So I really have no idea how they work it out with the insurance..

If you order at Stellamodels or RC mart you could get it shipped with insurance. However on the box there still is a low value. I never had a lost package (yet). So I really have no idea how they work it out with the insurance..

I think Stella lists the actual cost of the items to them, not their resale value. I find the listed value is about half of the prices i paid to them so it seems about right.

Anyways with the declining cost of the USD its a good time to buy buy buy :rolleyes:

I think Stella lists the actual cost of the items to them, not their resale value. I find the listed value is about half of the prices i paid to them so it seems about right.

Anyways with the declining cost of the USD its a good time to buy buy buy ;)

That dollar is killing me because I keep buying Taimya stuff :rolleyes: From what I've seen Stella always marks the package with a value around 50 USD and so does RC Mart

That dollar is killing me because I keep buying Taimya stuff :rolleyes: From what I've seen Stella always marks the package with a value around 50 USD and so does RC Mart

Surprising, for me with local currency being the Canadian dollar and for the first time in years is higher than the USD im getting much more for my Dollar ;) Is the Euro dropping off too??