Hi guys,

anyone got an idea which alternatives 8parcel providers, prices....) there are to ship a model from Canada to Germany?

Experiences? Hints?

Thanks,

Jochen

Jeez- I use parcels2go.com, but i think they are uk start point only...

Guys in the uk have a look, 10% off if you put their ad in your eBay listing, and you can pay by Paypal and they're cheaper than the post office, and they pick up from your work and i dont work for them/ get a comission!

What is it you want shipped to Germany from Canada ? If it is a kit be prepared to pay a VERY high rate no matter which carrier is used. As an example I shipped a Kyosho Double Dare NIB kit overseas. Airmail was about $160 !!! Ground shipping was still about $95 if I remember correctly but that took up to 3 months. I checked with many different carriers and prices were all very close. Hope that helps.

Yeah, it's a kit... an assembled one, though, but without the box. Precisely, it's a wild one I want to buy from a fellow Tamiya Club member.

So maybe if disassembled it fits in some kind of small box, if that helps?

Yeah, it's a kit... an assembled one, though, but without the box. Precisely, it's a wild one I want to buy from a fellow Tamiya Club member.

So maybe if disassembled it fits in some kind of small box, if that helps?

Its definately a size issue more than a weight issue, pack it well but as small as you can. Im guessing as an indicator you could try Canadaposts website to get price ideas for the size you can get it down too. You have to be careful with UPS type carriers as the receiver could get charged a fortune in Customs costs similar to stuff we get from the US via UPS ($60 just for customs charged to the receiver or no package even if its value is only $30). Canadapost may the be the cheapest route!