Sign in to follow this  
Rogueraven

Nitro/petrol Books

thinking off adding a Nitro or Petrol RC to my collection thou i havent a clue about them,i'm wondering if there is any books i can buy that will tell me the ins and outs of looking after a Nitro or Petrol RC

Thanks

I've not seen any books, but occasionally one of the various R/C mags bring out a special issue to cover nitro. Failing that, if you browse around the various forums will gain plenty of info.

Actually Tamiya has published books on the subject. :D

Apart from the annual RC Guide Book there are several separate books too. I bought "A Beginner's Guide to Radio Controlled Model Cars, that you can find on the page that igbandy links to. It's quite a good book for the beginner that explains the basics that one needs to know in order to choose between electric and glow fuel cars and also to operate and service them properly.

And then there is this fad called the Internet. I have been told you can find texts there too. :)

I have not really seen books that cover RC petrol cars but they are easier to operate than glow fuel ones. You can find good help online on various forums. I dare say that petrol cars are rarely discussed here. http://www.rcuniverse.com could be a good starting point.

Are you sure you want to get into Nitro????? Are you a dog or cat person...just kidding.

Simple source if you don't want to do much reading.. talk to you LHS where you intend to buy and find out which 2 cycle engine is most easly to start and quite durable. Hang around nitro track and most people I found are more than happy to share their knowledge with you and can even direct you to which hobby shop has the best service, price, selection etc...

Ahh... the smell of is like fresh coffee in the morning. :) plus the sound, not noise, from the piston makes the RC more real.

Thanks all.

was thinking of going for one of the HPI RS4 models for beginners :D if my budget will allow me, thou i'm also looking to add another electric to my collection so at moment i just want to gain knowledge on the whole Petrol/Nitro scene beings my budget can only go so far :(