Sign in to follow this  
Taman

Dodgy Ebay Seller? (crown_jewel_penang)

Hi All,

just wanted to give you a heads up to be a little wary of buying from the following EBay seller - crown_jewel_penang. I purchased a NIB Jaguar XJR-12 end of September and have still not received it. I have emailed seller several times and No replies so it may pay to wait a while before you buy anything off them as their feedback is getting worse each day.

I shouldnt have bought it as I later realised they had used a NIB pic out of this website to list the item. So I assume they found this site and thought ah heres an easy way to get a good pic.

I was looking forward to building that Jag :)

dunno about you, but the postage amts quoted ... imho would barely cover seamail.

Seamail M'sia to Oz takes about 3mths, and that's if nobody at Pos M'sia takes a fancy to your contents. :)

I thought the shipping was pretty reasonable, just assumed it was cheaper from malaysia. The guy I spoke too had an Austrailan bank account and said he was from the Gold Coast but working in malaysia. I hate when people rip other people off cause they are too lazy to work for their money. :)

bleh! Penang is notorious as the "cheapskate" capital of Malaysia and imho seriously,

the sacred monkeys run the show there. (my grandma was born & bred on the Hill)

But Georgetown is a very small place and opening any hobby shop there... there's

gotta be someone on the ground there who knows more.

Yes it would be great if I knew someone from that area but unfortunately I dont. I lodged a No item received with EBay but not sure where that will get me :) If it does ever arrive I'll update this post lol

Wonder if Tamiya Club could put some sort of watermark or other identifying mark on photo's we upload, so at least it would give members of TC a heads up if they were used in ebay etc?

In the same way include your TC member name in the listing so we know who wr're dealing with?

Wonder if Tamiya Club could put some sort of watermark or other identifying mark on photo's we upload,

Sterling Idea,

I for one would have no objections to any image I up load to the TC site having a TC.Com water mark on the image..

But the problem is.

How do you apply a watermark that,

1: Doesn't interfere with the viewing of the image.

2: Can't be removed by simply Trimming the image slightly in PhotoShop or Similar Image Manipulation Software.

He has 7 negatives and increasing,if you look at his feedback he bought an ebook titled "ebay auction thief"the feedback he left for this item was the word

"interesting" i would not think you will get your item any time soon,so set the wheels in motion for a claim if you can and best of luck.

I despise scammers and hope they all get caught.

I advised EBay but because I did not pay via Paypal there is nothing they can/will do about it. So it looks like my money is gone :) Very annoying as most transactions are based on trust, so it isnt cool when someone takes your money.............. I will report him to our local Police anyway for fraud as he has an Australian Bank Account, who knows.

Cheers

could always apply mouse over pictures with the watermark. would mean when viewing pictures on TC not to put your mouse over the image. basicly thou if you did and tried to save picture you would get the watermarked version. would mean if someone wanted a picture they would have to PM the owner for it. i dont know about internet codes and webpage development but pretty sure this is possible but hten again if it is then i guess there is away around it too