ryanbored

You Know You're A Tamiya Addict When...

you take a tamiya manual / book to bed to read

Yes i read tamiya books regulary infact i even wrote a 3 page essay on the history of tamiya for a school report but the stupid teacher said it wasnt what he wanted and i got an f for 1 weeks hard work.

btw i still have the essay.

Ive set the alarm for auctions,dont need id to collect from the post office,i can see 9 cars on my wardrobes,theres always at least one in the kitchen that i fiddle with(right words?) when i make a coffee.

I usually get a text or phone call if a delivery has turned up,saying....wheres this one going?!I keep hearing mutterings about using my unopened Tamiya t-shirt for a duster.The kids have more than one car...but can only use the ones i bought them!The rest get given back to me when they`re naughty...lucky for me thats quite often then! She has a Frog...it kept the peace for a while as i could say,they`re not all mine...you have one too! Doesnt work now coz she just tells me to "sell it then!"

Now i have a 959 sitting in a box on the fridge ready for restoring...my daughters so pleased i bought it for her(i think thats what she meant when she said...what am i gona do with that?)

Oh yeah,and under my monitor is a Sand Scorcher keyring

Are you a Tamiya Addict if your Wasting an entire weeks wages on another Rare Vintage Tamiya..

Instead of buying Radio Gear, Batteries and Charger to make your current RC Cars runners?

Help I think I need help....

Or a better paying job.

Are you a Tamiya Addict if your Wasting an entire weeks wages on another Rare Vintage Tamiya..

Instead of buying Radio Gear, Batteries and Charger to make your current RC Cars runners?

Help I think I need help....

Or a better paying job.

Sadly i dont have a job (i am only 12) but i do help out in my dads bike shop and at the end of the day i say i deserve somthing for my hard work and buy more projects instead of buying things i need such as the parts for the super champ i have lying around somwere (been saying i would buy the parts for over 4 months now, the seller is going to sell them to somone else lol) or saving up for afew new battery packs or somthing like that.

The postie knows me, and hates me cos i live on the 3rd floor!

LOL

And my whole motive (main one- I know there are many others more obvious!) for giving up smoking is the same money as 1 new kit a month!

I've just admitted it to myself (the first step in getting help?!)
  • I have more kits in bits than i do built
  • I think about buying more when I have more than enough to be getting on with
  • Can't help buying cos 'It's a good deal' (TLT coming soon!)
  • I panic a little bit if i can't search for 'Tamiya' every day on ebay.....

Commmon; a problem shared is a problem halved!

lol this rings so true, out of all of my cars 2 of them are running, well i say running, ones has mild water damage lol, the other 5 (not to many yet) are in peices on my mums very expensive dinning table and it has quite a few scratches on it, although i have incentive as my dad has refused to buy me an r/c for crimbo till there put together :)

I had 2 hours tonight put aside for sorting out shells, and have faffed about on the pc looking at models i want instead! :)

When you have a polished Tamiya box spanner as a keyring.

Is it just me,

Or does every one else remember Vintage Tamiya Box Wrenches used to have "Tamiya" Cast into the side of them.

Coz I want a Vintage Tamiya Box Wrench more than any Tamiya Model..

Am I Weird?

Is it just me,

Or does every one else remember Vintage Tamiya Box Wrenches used to have "Tamiya" Cast into the side of them.

seen some which are only pressed steel tube, with hole to put an allenkey in as a tommybar - dunno if its Tamiya

haha last weekend i was sifting thru a big toolbox of spanners, found a "Made In Japan" shifter spanner.

Not Taiwan, not China, not India... How old is that??! :)

This thread is hilarious :)

The only way my addiction could be stopped is if Halle Berry (WOOOOO!) was my wife :blink: ... I guess I will be with Tamiya forever :)

This thread is hilarious :)

The only way my addiction could be stopped is if Halle Berry (WOOOOO!) was my wife :blink: ... I guess I will be with Tamiya forever :P

Don't lie to us and yourself!

She'd get old, you'd get bored, and then the ebay clicking would begin!!

:)

When you have a polished Tamiya box spanner as a keyring.

Ohhh now there's a mini project for the future!

And my whole motive (main one- I know there are many others more obvious!) for giving up smoking is the same money as 1 new kit a month!

So did you have any luck quiting smoking? This migt be a good idea for Me!!!!!!

So did you have any luck quiting smoking? This migt be a good idea for Me!!!!!!

There's always tomorrow... Planned for november, been reading a few books, etc. feel quite positive... Wish me luck!

I'm guilty..... definitely an addict. LOL

Another one for the list: Work all day dreaming of knock off time so you can go drive your Tamiya for an hour.

Excuses for the wife get harder the more cars you get.

Another one for the list: Work all day dreaming of knock off time so you can go drive your Tamiya for an hour.

Amen to all that! :P

I'm guilty..... definitely an addict. LOL

Not sure about getting home from work but when i am at school all i want to do is get home and take a car apart or rearrange my collection lol.

btw i am known as the ebay freak at school because i buy so many things lol at this time i am waiting for a response for an offer on a srb and for the postie to come with my sst parts.

When I'm at work I can't actually go for more than an hour without typing 'tamiya' in a search-engine.

Is that bad???

What should I do??? :P

My shrink is into Tamiyas now.

Problem solved.

lol well u can now take your counciling to the track :L

i do confess to searching ebay all to often for tamiya and having enough projects/unworking cars :L

at least for (now) I am concentrating on just a few to build

cheers Ryck

Don't lie to us and yourself!

She'd get old, you'd get bored, and then the ebay clicking would begin!!

:(

Sad but oh so true.. She would get old :) , I am hopeless!!