Sign in to follow this  
Rogueraven

Nitro Rtr

Still looking for Nitro car to add to my collection. would like some advice on a couple models i've took a fancy too and hope your experiences can help me choose the correct one or make me look elsewhere. i'm inexperienced with Nitro never owned one. and only have a budget of around 200,$400 US,also i dont really trust my LHS they tend to focus more on how much money they can make rather then to help find a deal that suits you

the 2 models i've looked at so far are RTR form Modelsports website but i dont mind looking at AAR's longs price to get them RTR doesnt go over my budget

Ansmann Virus http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=28293

Tamiya Mad Spirit http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=...mp;ItemID=26871

if anyone can tell me anything about the option i provide or give me some options to look at i'd appreciate it very much

Still looking for Nitro car to add to my collection. would like some advice on a couple models i've took a fancy too and hope your experiences can help me choose the correct one or make me look elsewhere. i'm inexperienced with Nitro never owned one. and only have a budget of around 200,$400 US,also i dont really trust my LHS they tend to focus more on how much money they can make rather then to help find a deal that suits you

the 2 models i've looked at so far are RTR form Modelsports website but i dont mind looking at AAR's longs price to get them RTR doesnt go over my budget

if anyone can tell me anything about the option i provide or give me some options to look at i'd appreciate it very much

I dont know what a Ansmann Virus but i can say a ew things about the Mad Spirit. Its a pretty good car but i would be worried about parts. Tamiya still isnt the company everybody runs to for nitro cars. Here in Japan Kyosho is usally the first place to start shopping for a nitro buggy,that being said even the Kyosho buggies parts can be hard to get.

I got a my first nitro car this year and its really fun.But it dose wear out parts faster than my Electric cars do. So i see parts as the main thing to worry about. I would check and see what parts you can get.

Also buy a starter box!!!!!! With out a starter box you will most likey throw the car away in the first 15 minutes. Starting a nitro with the stupid pull cord is a major pain. My car uses a starter box only,but have had to start other people`s cars with a pull start and it really is a big pain. Pulling the cord is kinda of a art as you have a fine line between ripping the cord out and turning the engine over.

I would check into what buggy you can get parts for and what buggy can use a starter box. Kyosho does have the Nitro Mini Inferno that comes RTR with a starter box.

Let me know if that helps

not sure if Kyosho with GS11R engine is still available. I have a GP Spider MKII World Cup Edition that I bought several years ago. Is a pull start with single needle carb adjustment and starts up easily. Mind you I've only ran her a few times. My 3PJ radio stop working and I haven't fixed it since.

My MKII was a 2 speed and ran great. My understand with nitro is

1) use fresh fuel

2) make sure the battery for the glow plug is fully charged

3) the glow plug is in good condition

4) leave no fuel in the tank or in the supply line after you are done for the day

5) don't force the pull cord, the chamber is likely flooded with fuel and need to be drain by removing the

glow plug.

6) do use treadlock, nitro generate more vibrations, check for loose screw after each run.

7) when done for the seaon remove the glow plug and put some oil (can be special additive for storing

nitro) inside the piston to protect it.

8) get some nitro cleaning spray and a good brush to keep her clear. With proper care, she will last.

Finally if you don't trust your LHS. Visit several to see which LHS you are comfortable with and visit local nitro track and talk to the users there and you'll get a ton of info from where to buy, how much you should pay and they likely help you break your engine in and adjust the carb. needle.

I found my people in this hobby are very helpful and more than willing to share their knowledge.

The mad spirit is basically the TNS car chassis and tl-01b arms...over 80% of it is tb01 or the nitro tg10. THe only difference is the middle chassis (top and bottom plates) the rest is the tg10 mk.1. I have a few tns xb car chassis and a few tg10 mk.1s, mad bison coverted to the truggy (mad spirit) and tb01s. Other wise the gear boxes and drive train is the tg10 mk.1

l_53b5c983f8b539678537d2d6f5faae80.jpg

l_0c96a1a9491a3278fe3a61ce13a8ca4a.jpg

Also the TNS cars came with the bottle and glow plug starter. The stock engine is great, I think it is designed by os and very durable. The chassis and parts are easy to find. TG10 mk.1 Tb01, and tl01b parts would be replacemenets/spares. I ran the dog dug out of my nitros trying to break something but just ended up just cleaning it, instead of repairing and cleaning. Plus the bigger and heavier they are the more damage they'll do...in other words I would suggest the mad spirit!!!