Sign in to follow this  
snollan

It's not tamiya but funny!!

RCMT has denied my application!!! Ha Ha Ha <--What a bunch of idiots!

To : s_nollan@hotmail.com

Subject : Your application has been denied!

Date : 23 Sep 2002 10:23:39 -0700

Your application to http://pub24.ezboard.com/brcmtnet44998 has been

DENIED

I think I have a slogan for Tamiyaclub.com

Tamiyaclub.com.... its better than RCMT.

-Or-

Tamiyaclub.com..... 99.9% idiot free! <----Sooner or later and idiot is going to sign up. icon_smile.gif

Your access was denied because your email address in the (sle)ez-board profile was hidden.

It's only printed right there on the front page, after all.

It's not such a bad board. I don't know if you've tried it or not, but there's no point disrespecting something you haven't seen yet.

Kinda tough to see and use it if you get denied !!

Me I was fine, maybe they just had enough lifeguards sign up that day already !!!

id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

1st off I went to RCMT before they re-did the board. To be honest except for a few things I really didn't like it. <---I don't want to get into the reasons why.

2nd I keep my email hidden for a reason. You would think that anyone who pays and is an EZ-Board supporter would be granted membership.

But hey lets be honest I have no problem singing up for another free email account with bogus information and allow RCMT and EZ-board to spam the **** out of.

Also please give me an ounce of credit, I don't bash things unless they earn the right to be bashed. All I wanted to do was read the message about the new bruiser rumor.

And now the rant is over icon_smile.gif

once youve been accepted you can change you email address back to private. cant understand why they had to make it such a pain in the a**

Hmmm... which reminds me too... I hit the 'apply for membership' button over a month ago now (was busy with a few things in the Sept) and I still haven't even HEARD back from those folks yet.

Geez, only thing worst than a knockback is no-reply at all...icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

-----------

Oh... sorry, correction required.

I just flicked across and just got sent right through.

They must have just flicked my switch without telling me.

Nothing like Chris' WELCOME email!! icon_smile_wink.gif

Edited by - PandaBear! on 02 Oct 2002 02:56:39

I can't be the only one to think that is pretty cool.

And looks to be well done too.id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

logo_fin.gif

I like it too.

If it offends your 'collectable sensitivities', then tell yourself that the original body must have been damaged in the roof area and saved. You'll feel better.

Actually it was damaged, those RCMT guys aren't butchers, they love 3 speeds more than me do!

Also ain't my thing, but it is the best you can do out of a broken body, great job!

tttlogo.gif

http://www.vintagetamiyarc.com/

Edited by - DJTheo on 02 Oct 2002 16:21:31

quote:

If it offends your 'collectable sensitivities', then tell yourself that the original body must have been damaged in the roof area and saved. You'll feel better.

id=quote>id=quote>

Haha, nah nothing like that... you should see what we've done to "salvage" a Mounty gearbox & chassis at this end.

Have built many a 1/24 'convertible' out of duress before (oh, so THAT's why you can't use heatguns to dry paint icon_smile_blackeye.gif ) including a tasteful silver 959, so that's not it either.

Its just that Bruiser is so, err, "American" in its chop. Reminds me of all those chopped DIY Beetles... sad.

American??

is Toyota not Japanese???

I don't see what the big scandal is in cutting up some old plastic to make it look better !!

I can't be the only one to think like that am I??id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

logo_fin.gif

It's not what I would have done, but I don't have a problem with it. It's nicely finished and has obviously had a bit of time and effort put into it. Better that than have it dumped in someones attic until it gets chucked out in a spring cleaning.

quote:

American?? is Toyota not Japanese???

id=quote>id=quote>

Hai, so desu... but only a yank/Californian dude would have to converted the base Hilux work-utility to a 'Bruiser' style personal-SUV... even sez so in the 58048 manual! icon_smile_cool.gif They sure don't make them like that straight from Nagoya; besides today Toyota builds over a Million vehicles per year in Nth America. Heh heh, they even export some back to Japan.

quote:Its just that Bruiser is so, err, "American" in its chop.
id=quote>id=quote>

Actually, the first generation 4Runner that we got in the US (mid 1980's) had a removable top. The removable part did not extend all of the way to the windshield, but the rear seats and cargo area could be outside. That's how they came from Toyota. No surfer dudes involved.

Almost no one took the top off. I guess it was too big to store. Sadly, that generation of 4runner was in the final era of rust-bucket cars that we had in the US. They're mostly gone now.

Haha, the Yanks are taking revenge now... we get the Jeep Wrangler with a full hardtop delivered new over here in Oz. This is a huge fibreglass contraption that must weight a tonne... never seen it taken off before either - probably need a crane.

Then again, given that Oz Wranglers are usually only driven by young *male* dudes accompanied by their young *male* passenger icon_smile_wink.gif... I'm sure they'll have enough muscle between them to lift the thing. Or is all that Buff all Bluff??

I think this kind of stuff should be made illegal or something. These pics really make me scared, how am I supposed to sleep now? icon_smile_shock.gif

And then the color....is this some kind of Barbie edition? lol icon_smile_big.gif

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>