dazaa

What Is The Best Thing You Have Found Throw Out Or Got For Free

got given a mint barely used TA02 celica GT four (4 headlight version) recently, barely a mark on the chassis (still shiny even) and the shell was totally unused, only a couple of marks on it, painted box art black. extra bonus was it has a tekin rebel speedy, trinity hot motor and hi tec stick type radio gear. extra extra bonus was i got the box aswell! and the box the motor came in too. its a speed gems 2, 10 triple.. should be pretty quick! amazingly had been run without bb's and has a plastic motor mount....

got given an almost mint avante complete with radio and an almost mint bruiser complete from an uncle who was moving to a smaller house. he'd had them from new and they both came with mint boxes and a beatties bag each. Had a mate who had an avante years ago when they first came out but it was rubbish on the track and he broke just about everything possible on it. it got to the state where it was just a broken up, never to run again chassis so he buried it under the foundations of his mum and dads new house. if he read this i bet he'd regret it now :D

About a year ago my dad cleared out his garage as moving home & stuffed into the corner was his original Sand Scorcher! It was missing a few bits, radio tub & windscreen door handles etc... I was going to re-spray the thing but i can't bring meself to take of the 15 years+ paint. My dad built it in his twentys now im re-building it in my twentys kinda cool i thought!

SaxoChris

Link:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...8&sid=22202

The best thing I have found was at the rubbish tip (not that I go looking for stuff) I was throwing some rubbish away when I saw this doll body with legs under a pile of dirt my wife collected dolls so a bit of her madness rubbed off on me anyway I pulled the doll out of the dirt pile the head was attached as well and laying near by were the arms and it was composite wood kinda like a sawdust mix to make the doll I took it home went on the net found out it was a german doll made in the middle of 1800's very rare worth as was in very poor condition $5000 fixed up at a doll hospital it could fetch up to $8000/$10.000 well I still have the Doll I did not get it fixed up yet as would cost a bit dunno what Iam gonna do with it ....sell it oneday perhaps buy a few Tamiya models when Iam desperate for cash .I seperated from my first wife I took the Doll since I found it she got the house anyway plus I wanted to see her head explode ..And no I dont play with dollies....I just see dollar signs so now when I go to the rubbish tip I keep an eye out for good stuff .One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Hi

Well found afew new things recently sadly nothing rc related but interesting anyway, first was a raaco storage thingy with drawers, was being throw away by a friend. Next 3 BRAND NEW! nitro motorbike helmets worth over 180 each!!!!!! These were about to be throw away by my dad friend who sells helmets at markets these once had been dropped and so had small cracks in the outer shell but there still perfect helmets. Next i almost had 2 Giant racing bike frames worth 600 each, i was at gbn self storage with my dad and somonelse just saud do you want these old bikes, now i really wanted them but my dad said no 1 because he says we have no space for junk 2 he said dont take stuff from strangers althought i cant see any harm in takeing somthing at would end up as scrap metal(expensive scrap metal aswell).

Anything new found recently?

Oh just rememberd i saw this wierd fan type thing lying on an old pump near were i live, it was to dark last night to see so tommorow i will try and pick it up, it looks like its off a rs hovercraft because it has a propshaft on it but ill letyou know when i pick it up.

regards

dazaa

All the stuff I threw out...

I miss my much loved Sand Rover which I threw out many many years ago because it was rubbish at racing. I replaced it with a Grasshopper (which was also thrown away). I miss my Lamborghini Countach again thrown out, my club at the time did not race on road only off road. I miss my PB mini mustang which I sold when I was 17 because I had a real car to run and so my "toys" had to go. Other cars I dont so much miss but would like again are my old Hotshot and schumacher cat which was one of the first in the country. There is also a small place in my heart for the old mardave mini a few mates at the time started a club in an old church hall in St Albans and we raced full contact on foams and hard wood dusty floor - it was great fun, no idea where the mini went but I assume I threw it away. And then not so long ago compared to these early cars back in the early 90s I had a 1/12th associated it was v fast and I could not really control it - it turned so quicky on carpet using some long time banned tyre additive that probably is responsible for global warming. Again no idea where it went probably stayed in my student digs when I moved back home.

Wish I had not started this now did not realise how many cars I had had :D

mate at work gave me 2 vintage tamiya instruction manuals yesterday, one for the Fox and the other for the Hornet i'm doing up for him. so a big thank you to Darren for that!

another guy at work who i restored a blackfoot for, gave me the spare one he bought for spares as payment for doing it! thanks to Tony for that!!!!

big thanks also to Caddy Shack on here for sending me 3 extra shells when i won the Kyosho Astra Touring car shell from him on Ebay. they are pro-painted hot bodies shells, one actually raced by Atsushi Hara!

my best tho is an old commodore computer known as a p200 i found at a bootsale for 4. in its box, working A1, was up for a fiver. I looked into it as i'd never seen one before, so googled it and its quite rare! seems it was only in prototype stages, a few sent out to shops to test customer reactions, but quickly withdrawn as it didn't have FCC regulation certificates. mines quite a low serial number, i know of only about 20 or so of this in the world! last one sold on Ebay around 4 years ago for 750!!! tho i honestly have no idea if i'll ever sell it!

mate at work gave me 2 vintage tamiya instruction manuals yesterday, one for the Fox and the other for the Hornet i'm doing up for him. so a big thank you to Darren for that!

another guy at work who i restored a blackfoot for, gave me the spare one he bought for spares as payment for doing it! thanks to Tony for that!!!!

big thanks also to Caddy Shack on here for sending me 3 extra shells when i won the Kyosho Astra Touring car shell from him on Ebay. they are pro-painted hot bodies shells, one actually raced by Atsushi Hara!

my best tho is an old commodore computer known as a p200 i found at a bootsale for 4. in its box, working A1, was up for a fiver. I looked into it as i'd never seen one before, so googled it and its quite rare! seems it was only in prototype stages, a few sent out to shops to test customer reactions, but quickly withdrawn as it didn't have FCC regulation certificates. mines quite a low serial number, i know of only about 20 or so of this in the world! last one sold on Ebay around 4 years ago for 750!!! tho i honestly have no idea if i'll ever sell it!

" last one sold on Ebay around 4 years ago for 750!!! tho i honestly have no idea if i'll ever sell it!" SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then treat yourself to a mint hilux :], or about ermmm 5 absolutly mint sand scorchers, or why not even throw a whole lot of money ontop and buy a bnib black 936 (not sure if its the 936 what ever one was the first car but in black)

dazaa

yet another 2 things i found yesterday, 2 massive mission 762 speakers. mint cases but the foam has gone and after testing on my dads denon hifi seems that the tweeters had blown aswell. however i also saw 2 small bookshelf sony speakers, didnt pick them up but if they are still there i may take the tweeters from them and replace the blown mission ones with them, if anyone wants 2 wood effect sony cases let me know or i will throw em. even if the sony tweeters dont work i could always use the cases as shorage boxes by smashing the fronts of hehe.

must be other people as lucky as me?

regards

daza(13years old think im the youngest person on here????)

yet another 2 things i found yesterday, 2 massive mission 762 speakers. mint cases but the foam has gone and after testing on my dads denon hifi seems that the tweeters had blown aswell. however i also saw 2 small bookshelf sony speakers, didnt pick them up but if they are still there i may take the tweeters from them and replace the blown mission ones with them, if anyone wants 2 wood effect sony cases let me know or i will throw em. even if the sony tweeters dont work i could always use the cases as shorage boxes by smashing the fronts of hehe.

must be other people as lucky as me?

regards

daza(13years old think im the youngest person on here????)

right thought i would update this, recently found the following:box of 25 bnip england world cup 2006 draw string bags, loads of mitsubushi pajero haynes manual for 2 each bnip all sold on ebay for 10 each and a honda c90 cdi ignition coil(didnt work but it was free).

Anyone else found anything new?

dazaa

For doing a bit of listing for my Dad, he's given me 3 new bodyshells, 5 tins of tamiya paint, aluminium front upper arms for my T-Maxx and an LRP 11x2 motor!!

Matt

got even more stuff yesterday. Grandparents gave me a gold rolex vintage watch, they thought it was fake but im almost certain its real, will go to a jewlers and have the back taken off to see whats inside and get it going again. Also had 2 seikos and a 1967 omega which they have asked me to sell for them. No dought theres other bits lying around aswell. Also given 2 number plates from a bmw e30 m3 sport evolution (very rare cars) and a thingy for cutting seat belts and breaking glass incase your car ever rolls over and you need to get out, i think that one will stay in the toolbox.

Oh and some used subaru impretza ht leads aswell.

anything else new?

dazaa

got even more stuff yesterday. Grandparents gave me a gold rolex vintage watch, they thought it was fake but im almost certain its real, will go to a jewlers and have the back taken off to see whats inside and get it going again. Also had 2 seikos and a 1967 omega which they have asked me to sell for them. No dought theres other bits lying around aswell. Also given 2 number plates from a bmw e30 m3 sport evolution (very rare cars) and a thingy for cutting seat belts and breaking glass incase your car ever rolls over and you need to get out, i think that one will stay in the toolbox.

Oh and some used subaru impretza ht leads aswell.

anything else new?

dazaa

found a 1968 sony trinitron 13" tv on the road yesterday. Power lead cut off so im not testing it but its for sale if anyone wants it.

dazaa

iv was given my first rc (tlo1) from my dads friend, (hes 90 now and he built it to see if he could still do anything), i found a 5 cd changer complete with amp andtape deck at the side of the road, all works, i found a 240 to 12v transformer, ooo and i found a sighn that says "BP ADMIN" (i asume somone nicked it from his carparking space an chucked it in the ditch)

iv was given my first rc (tlo1) from my dads friend, (hes 90 now and he built it to see if he could still do anything), i found a 5 cd changer complete with amp andtape deck at the side of the road, all works, i found a 240 to 12v transformer, ooo and i found a sighn that says "BP ADMIN" (i asume somone nicked it from his carparking space an chucked it in the ditch)

OHH selling the bp sign are you?

Was given a nearly new clarke 4tonne bottle jack yesterday, even has the battered old box aswell. Also was given a used bmw e30 m3 ignition coil, not much use to anyone but its somthing to add to my collection.

anything else new?

dazaaa

lol i'd hate to see where you keep all this stuff dazaa, it'd look like steptoe and son!

In summer 1988 i got given an old tamiya beetle by my neighbours son who was older than me and he got into nitro cars, it was a sand scorcher!. I kept it (and used it regularly) until christmas 1988 until i got a Terra Scorcher for xmas (all my mates got thundershots and thunderdragons so i was well chuffed and the talk of the road lol), unfortunatley due to my new top line (for me anyway) buggy i threw out the sand scorcher! ;-(

Last summer i was down at my parents for a week and my mum dragged me to a car boot sale at 7am (not a happy chappy! as i was supposed to be on holiday relaxing!), whilst there my mum came over and said she saw a guy selling 2 tamiya cars!, i immediatley thought yeah right as she has only ever rang me about nikko, tandy and other "Toy" RC cars when she has been before. Well i went over not expecting much and to my surprise found a guy selling a Boxed new built Astute with its manual and all the screw headers and parts trees and a few spares, turns out he was given it by his parents for racing at his local club but his grandparents had bought him the RC10 he wanted so it was sitting in his bedroom!, he also had a boxed Monster Beetle which was in pretty good nick and it even came with a spare set of wheels (much to my Joy), anyway after much haggling a price was agreed, 58 (50 for the Astute and 8 for the beetle), i was well chuffed!.

I sold the beetle on fleabay for 50 and the wheels also (sold for 35). I kept the astute for 6 months then sold it on ebay for 125. I put the money towards my Snowboarding holiday spending money!.

Best thing I ever got for free to do with RC is a Grasshopper NIB. The guilty party knows who he is, thanks again mate. I did exactly as instructed. Built it, fitted the Mamba, took some awesome photos and wore the tyres smooth (took a bit, sand paddles wear better than I thought they would, balloon good at high rpm too).

Other things I've been given are a brushed nolimit ESC, which I too have given away now I use the Mamba ESC for brushed and brushless. Lots of broken toy RCs.

Nothin like that warm fuzzy feeling when you see the smile on the recipients face when giving them a gift, new or used.

Got for free a Tamiya super sabre complete with controller pretty nice condition.. :rolleyes:

How about spotted but couldn't get ??? Our tip here in Brisbane is a big cement pit. Cars park up top and you throw the rubbish down into it. Only about 3 mts deep. Well sitting there in the middle up on a box full of grass clippings was a Rough Rider. It was calling my name, I tried using the rope like a lasso to grab it but one of the tip staff came over and had a go at me. I asked if he would let me go threw the doors and down the steps to grab it. He said no. I said what about for $50, he said his job was worth more than $50, in desperation I said $150, he said "finish unloading and get out of here". I couldn't believe I was walking away from what looked like a really top condition RR.

Still don't have one !!!! haha

How about spotted but couldn't get ??? Our tip here in Brisbane is a big cement pit. Cars park up top and you throw the rubbish down into it. Only about 3 mts deep. Well sitting there in the middle up on a box full of grass clippings was a Rough Rider. It was calling my name, I tried using the rope like a lasso to grab it but one of the tip staff came over and had a go at me. I asked if he would let me go threw the doors and down the steps to grab it. He said no. I said what about for $50, he said his job was worth more than $50, in desperation I said $150, he said "finish unloading and get out of here". I couldn't believe I was walking away from what looked like a really top condition RR.

Still don't have one !!!! haha

He probably went down himself and collected it once you pointed it out to him and was out of sight.

i got an 8-track playing stereo and old, old speakers, about 20+ body clips for my cars, a samsung sync cell phone ( that needs to be debranded or get the code from the IMEI to unlock the sim, company wont do it for me :rolleyes: ) a shell for one of my cars, an HP G85 printer, **** load of 8-tracks (which i still use), some german made hunting knife, and that all that i can think of, right now, that i found or was give for free.

i got an 8-track playing stereo and old, old speakers, about 20+ body clips for my cars, a samsung sync cell phone ( that needs to be debranded or get the code from the IMEI to unlock the sim, company wont do it for me :) ) a shell for one of my cars, an HP G85 printer, **** load of 8-tracks (which i still use), some german made hunting knife, and that all that i can think of, right now, that i found or was give for free.

What make speakers out of curiosity?

Do you mean the phone is locked or blocked? If its locked then just find out what network its on or pay afew quid to as shop and get it unlocked. If its blocked then there is a very good chance its stolen as this renders the phone useless. But with a special code you can unblocked them.

dazaa