dazaa

What Is The Best Thing You Have Found Throw Out Or Got For Free

Mark, Yes I would drive it. I mean, let's look at the circumstances around your possession, it came from the DUMP, could it ever be in worse conditions, not in my book. It certainly couldn't have come any cheaper that is for sure. If you feel you will hurt it, put some GIANT foam bumpers all around it and drive it on a carpet track with a HIGH wind rate motor like Wyoming does with most of his cars and you will have a long run time and slow speeds. I would drive it, you bet. Good luck and good find.

Me n my brother got given a sand scorcher when we were i think 13 (bro was 11) and we thrashed the living daylights out of it, smashed it to bits then binned it when it was no longer repairable lol, we then got NIB kits for christmas which (like brothers do) go very competative, who could build fastest, charge fastest, be quicker than the other etcd etc.

I also got given a few years back a LARGE box of spares (all NIP) by a shop i had previosuly bought from before, tjhey just called and said we have found some moe stuff and i went to have a look and he said just take it, its a gift!, well chuffed!.

Cheers

I want to drive it, but don't know if I should being such a vintage. The chassis is in perfect condition and not a scartch on it. Would you drive it?

Nice find Mark! (...or Marks kids!)

Stick a 4600v mamba max in it and some spire spikes on the back and see if you can beat your best time around your track ;)

Joking aside, yeah I would have to give it a quick run at least before I restored it, would be a shame not to find out the characteristics of that chassis, and I'd be too curious :)

Nice find Mark! (...or Marks kids!)

Stick a 4600v mamba max in it and some spire spikes on the back and see if you can beat your best time around your track ;)

Joking aside, yeah I would have to give it a quick run at least before I restored it, would be a shame not to find out the characteristics of that chassis, and I'd be too curious ;)

Yeah, it could drive like GARBAGE! :)

Some amazing stories here from you guys.

I got about $500 worth of vintage Tamiya parts for free a few weeks ago, from a shop that was closing :)

Last year I got about $1500 worth of parts for free, in total.

Right place, right time, etc etc.

H.

I got given a vintage Omega Automatic watch about 8-9 years ago, all i did was get it serviced by Omega and its been on my wrist ever since, love the retro look when it comes to old school watches.

Also only last week was given an RC glider by a fella on the beach who saw me flying my Brushless Pico Jet, he asked if i flew gliders, i said yes when I get time and he re-appeared about 20 minutes later with a "Nano Floh" glider, I said thanks very much, offered him some cash, he declined and so I and went home with it, opened it up and it came complete with 2 micro servos, battery (which holds charge) and a Webra receiver, I remember my mate having one of these years ago (maybe 10 years ago?) and remember it was great for light winds when nothing else would stay up, so hopefully going to get it flying in the summer when we get some "Lift" as opposed to "Wind".

Cheers

The car that became my TL01-B based Monster Cuda started out as a standard Calibra Touring car TL01 that I was given by my nephew when he got his HPI Savage when I went round my parents to pick up my old Monster Beetle. Those two cars were the beginnings of my now RC obsession :)

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

Found this on a building site skip, i was working there! Im assuming one of the builders had a garage clearout and skipped it in work.the body looks well used but the chassis is in really good condition,look at the tyres! it cost me £7 to repair,the slipper clutch thing was slipping like mad in it so i stripped it and tightened,and now runs mint! im gonna put a ezrun brushless in it, I have more fun with this than I do some of my other cars!

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

Found this on a building site skip, i was working there! Im assuming one of the builders had a garage clearout and skipped it in work.the body looks well used but the chassis is in really good condition,look at the tyres! it cost me £7 to repair,the slipper clutch thing was slipping like mad in it so i stripped it and tightened,and now runs mint! im gonna put a ezrun brushless in it, I have more fun with this than I do some of my other cars!

What the!!!!!! :):D You're one lucky man, and that's one lucky car to be saved from the bin like that!

Be careful with the brushless. I've been through 3 diffs with mine before I finally accepted I'd have to go back to a Superstock BZ.

That find just seems to good to be true ;)

it was a bit mental, the truck was seperate from the box,just sat on top, I could see the radio gear box but nothing in it, so I assume the radio gear was in there aswell!

but check this out, we had a conversation a couple of hours later when my boss turned up about it (plenty of micky taking,as expected!) turns out he got an old tamiya in his loft that was bought for him around the time his daughter was born (around 22 yrs ago) he describes it as- definately tamiya, looks like a volkswagon beetle beach buggy and he painted it green. he also said it had some sort of gear lever?? hi/lo selector? I have absolutely no knowledge of sandscorchers ,but the gear lever bit? anybody know what hes on about?? im pestering him to bring it in.

Can anyone shed some light on the discription??

cheers

I wonder if your boss could have painted a QD Monster Beetle green???? That would seem to be the only car I could think Tamiya making with a gear lever and I am not even certain about that as I haven't seen a QD in person, just parts.

I wonder if your boss could have painted a QD Monster Beetle green???? That would seem to be the only car I could think Tamiya making with a gear lever and I am not even certain about that as I haven't seen a QD in person, just parts.

Yep the QD has a H/L gear selector, have a look in my sig. ;)

Was at the tip today....and I noticed a guy carrying a very old scalextric box....which he then handed to the guy working there....I promptly walked over to the worker and after explaining how I was only 15 and had no money on me he then let me have it. Unfortunatly it's missing one car and is pretty well used but it sure is somthing nice to get for free. Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to ask him about the massive hifi somone had just dumped ;(...but on the way out my dad noticed a small box lying on the floor, and it turned out to be a BRAND NEW marks and spencers alarm clock, still in the packaging. On opening I removed the plastic strip between the battery and it works perfect, what a find!

Dazaa