netsmithUK

How About An Indoor Christmas Bring And Buy Sale?

I was just looking at all the stuff I really need to shift, ideally before Christmas and it strikes me its far too much to list on ebay or even here and its larglely the kind of stuff you'd have problems explaining in detail and not worth the effort of taking dozens of pictures for in order to sell it. So how about we organise our own Christmas fate? Its got to be indoors of course. Location would be an issue as always, but its worth asking anyway. I could probably do one in Nottingham (just off the M1) if enough people were interested - if not before Christmas then maybe early in the new year (to help clear some of the debt :)

Because of the indoor nature, it would not be a full on Tamiyaclub event with races and such, just a bunch of people exchanging goods and stories (and escaping from the Christmas madness for a few hours)

Just testing the water - and I'll happily hand this over to someone else if they have a venue at their disposal.

Let me know

Chris

Great idea- But i think it would increase rather than decrease the xmas debt!

I'm in bournemouth and i would definitely consider traveling. Some kind of sports hall or village hall?

Guest joelvardy

Sound like a great plan!...

I don't have much for sale

BUT

I am always happy to buy stuff :)

Sound like a great plan!...

I don't have much for sale

BUT

I am always happy to buy stuff :)

JV thats not like you at all, what happened to the entrepreneur formerly known as Joel Vardy :P:D

Chris thats a very good idea, a swapmeet totally devoted to RC (well maybe some other models too but definetly NO bloomin cuddly toys!)

I`ll just ask everyone to give me the money instead of socks this year.How about holding it in my front room Christmas morning? !

Should be able to buy the lot with the amount of socks i get!

If you feel the need to go slighly further South I can organise a venue in Dunchurch (just outside Rugby), its quite a large village hall and has a large car park, plus great access to M45\M6\M1...

Just a thought for those that are down South or in the West\Far East.

Kind Rgds

Richard

If you feel the need to go slighly further South I can organise a venue in Dunchurch (just outside Rugby), its quite a large village hall and has a large car park, plus great access to M45\M6\M1...

Just a thought for those that are down South or in the West\Far East.

Kind Rgds

Richard

Ooh that sounds better- cos i have to come from Bournemouth (any further south you'd either be wet or french!)

I'd be up for either. Travelling from South Wales so DI Joe's one would be closer, but will try either way

Cheers

Steve

Sounds like a good idea - I've decided recently that I have too many unfinished projects and too many unused models, but can't be bothered to list them all on ebay! Plus I'm always up for wandering around and seeing what bargains I can find...

Sounds like a good idea - I've decided recently that I have too many unfinished projects and too many unused models, but can't be bothered to list them all on ebay! Plus I'm always up for wandering around and seeing what bargains I can find...

I agree with that. I've got a couple of shelf queens that I want to let go and loads of new, odds and sods of parts etc. would much rather the guys on here got a bargain from me and it saves all the hassle of listing them on ebay etc.

Have; Wild one, original Brat (both mint shelf queens) and loads of SRB stuff from tyres to indicators and a project car.

I think this idea has some real value. I don't know anywhere that you could go to buy the type of stuff that TC members would have available.

I'll travel. :rolleyes:

Hi there,

I've got no probs with Rugby, but I'll need you to do a lot of the arrangements. PM me with details about location, cost and availability of the room over December/Jan

Cheers

Chris

WHY!!!!

Why do I live in SWEDEN?!!

Sorry, can't come.... ;)

Nice thought thow...

Badboy

Guest joelvardy

Sorry not been posted here but I hear Rugby is off....

This is a great idea...

I will be up or it... (and I will convince mum to drive me.)

Joel

WHY!!!!

Why do I live in SWEDEN?!!

Sorry, can't come.... :lol:

Nice thought thow...

Badboy

Easyjet!

You can stay at mine- If you can fit im my one spare room full of toys!!

Ryan

I would be well up for this and be prepared to travel.

I could actually arrange something down south but with fuel prices so high I doubt anyone would want to travel no matter how good my spread is :)

Daz