Sign in to follow this  
driftking_v8

Big Problems Low On Money

I've got a tt-01 but I think there's something wrong with the cristal or the receiver because

when I start op my car i hear a bleep sound, even if my steeringwheel is on it bleeps now

i don't know whats wrong my receiver, my cristal or my stearingwheel ?

is there a way to check it ???

thanx

Driftking_V8(marcsnak3y)

post-23429-1194980644.jpg

are you sure he bleep is coming from your reciever and not your esc, have you got power to the servo's.

yah the bleep comes from the esc and the servos have power i think the cristals don't work

try a pair of new xtals then!

assume it was all working properly BEFORE??

have you gotten the RX wet?

got good batteries in the TX? (what model Futaba?)

btw the bleeping is coming from your motor.

try a pair of new xtals then!

assume it was all working properly BEFORE??

have you gotten the RX wet?

got good batteries in the TX? (what model Futaba?)

btw the bleeping is coming from your motor.

yeah first he did do it great but once he crached and now he doesn't react

i've got a futuba receiver the batteries are OK what do you mean with rx wet ??

post-23429-1195051433.jpg

yeah first he did do it great but once he crached and now he doesn't react

i've got a futuba receiver the batteries are OK what do you mean with rx wet ??

if you're a guest and want to help me mail : driftking_v8@live.nl

OK, let me see if I can figure this out...

Your car worked fine, then you crashed it and ever since then your ESC beeps and the car doesn't react at all. Right?

So start with what you know about how the car works. I apologize if I cover stuff you already know, but to solve a problem, you have to go back to the very beginning. I drew this schematic a while ago to explain to my wife how a basic RC car works:

So now, you have to work out whether it's a signal problem, or a power problem.

Check these things, in this order, and don't skip anything:

1. Turn on the transmitter. Are the batteries ok? Depending on the age of your radio, it should have either a gauge, or a set of LED lights. If the gauge is not all the way up, or all of the lights are not on, get new batteries for the transmitter. This is to make absolutely sure the transmitter is giving a signal.

2. Take the body off the car, and check the wiring. Make sure everything is plugged in where it should be, including the crystal, and no wires are broken or frayed, including the antenna wire. The crash might have knocked something loose.

Once you've checked that everything is in place:

3. Unplug the motor wires, plug a fully-charged battery into the car, and turn the car on. Try the steering.

If the steering works:

4. The radio is OK; it is receiving a signal and power. Reprogram your ESC (refer to the instructions on how to do this). See if it works now.

If the steering does not work:

5. There is either no signal or no power to the radio. Unplug the ESC from the receiver, and find the little 4-cell battery holder that came with your radio. Put batteries in it, and plug it into the "BATT" position on the receiver. Turn it on and try the steering again. If it works, the receiver is getting signal, which means the ESC is not delivering power. Check the wiring again and reprogram it. If that doesn't solve the problem, then the ESC may be damaged.

6. If the steering does not work with the small battery pack powering the radio directly, then the receiver is not getting signal. This means that either the receiver or the crystal is the problem. Try a different set of crystals and check it again. If it doesn't work with different crystals, then the receiver itself is to blame.

The idea is to check each component by itself, to determine where the problem is. But you can't assume that it's one thing, when it might be another, or you'll just end up wasting money replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. Troubleshooting isn't hard, but it does require patience and attention. Just check one thing, and if it's okay, move on to the next thing, and so on, until you've found the faulty part.

OK, let me see if I can figure this out...

Your car worked fine, then you crashed it and ever since then your ESC beeps and the car doesn't react at all. Right?

So start with what you know about how the car works. I apologize if I cover stuff you already know, but to solve a problem, you have to go back to the very beginning. I drew this schematic a while ago to explain to my wife how a basic RC car works:

So now, you have to work out whether it's a signal problem, or a power problem.

Check these things, in this order, and don't skip anything:

1. Turn on the transmitter. Are the batteries ok? Depending on the age of your radio, it should have either a gauge, or a set of LED lights. If the gauge is not all the way up, or all of the lights are not on, get new batteries for the transmitter. This is to make absolutely sure the transmitter is giving a signal.

2. Take the body off the car, and check the wiring. Make sure everything is plugged in where it should be, including the crystal, and no wires are broken or frayed, including the antenna wire. The crash might have knocked something loose.

Once you've checked that everything is in place:

3. Unplug the motor wires, plug a fully-charged battery into the car, and turn the car on. Try the steering.

If the steering works:

4. The radio is OK; it is receiving a signal and power. Reprogram your ESC (refer to the instructions on how to do this). See if it works now.

If the steering does not work:

5. There is either no signal or no power to the radio. Unplug the ESC from the receiver, and find the little 4-cell battery holder that came with your radio. Put batteries in it, and plug it into the "BATT" position on the receiver. Turn it on and try the steering again. If it works, the receiver is getting signal, which means the ESC is not delivering power. Check the wiring again and reprogram it. If that doesn't solve the problem, then the ESC may be damaged.

6. If the steering does not work with the small battery pack powering the radio directly, then the receiver is not getting signal. This means that either the receiver or the crystal is the problem. Try a different set of crystals and check it again. If it doesn't work with different crystals, then the receiver itself is to blame.

The idea is to check each component by itself, to determine where the problem is. But you can't assume that it's one thing, when it might be another, or you'll just end up wasting money replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. Troubleshooting isn't hard, but it does require patience and attention. Just check one thing, and if it's okay, move on to the next thing, and so on, until you've found the faulty part.

thnx my problem is solved i've got new crystals !!!

thnx to everyone that posted

!!

thnx Driftking(marcsnak3y)

post-23429-1195156636.jpg