Guest joelvardy

Stupid Injurious

Never really had any bad injuries so far (touch wood) but I do remember burning myself a few years ago getting the dinner out. I hadn't been feeling well that day and was still in my dressing gown. For some reason I decided to put the tray up against my dressing gown without knowing it had become undone. Instead of it touching my dressing gown, it touched my belly!! Still find that story amusing today!!

Matt

I managed to give myself two whacking great blisters on my thumb and finger while trying to remove tyres that were super glued (with way too much) onto some rims.

I did exactly the same thing about 2 years ago, trying to get massively-overglued tyres off some Blackfoot rims. Someone recommended boiling water, so I poured the kettle over the rims, left them to soak in the sink, then started trying to pull them apart. The combination of water so hot my skin was numb and lovely sharp-flashed edges of plastic rims made a lovely blister.

There's a good way of fixing blisters tho (cos they're really annoying, aren't they?) Get a FRESH and CLEAN craft blade, some antiseptic wipes, and a tumbler half-full of vodka. Dip the blade in the vodka, then trace a line across the middle of the blister. It will open (painlessly) and the puss will run out. Clean it up with antiseptic wipes. Press the blister firmly to drive out all the puss.

Then, if you're feeling hardcore and want to sanitize your freshly-drained blister, dip it in the vodka. Don't do this late at night 'cos the screams might wake your neighbours.

Clean the area thorougly and leave it open to dry. Drink some fresh vodka to numb the pain.

DISCLAIMER: This advice is provided on an as-is basis with no warranty of any kind. Readers follow the advice at your own risk. Mad Ax is not responsible for blood poisoning, loss of limb, alcoholism or any other health issues resulting from interfering with nature in the manner described.

I went against all schoolboy principles and completely left the blisters alone (not easy). So far I have managed not to burst either of them and today they have shrunk enough so I can still see where they are, they just don't look like they are going to blow any more... :lol:

just yesterday i was cuting out a lexan body with a scalpel when i slipped and sliced my finger open with the blade.