backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

My postmans not bringing me jack at the moment. I have about 4 parcels that should have been delivered by now.

not tamiya I know but the postie still bought them... I must be mad trying to restore 2 similar cars at the same time LOL

DSCF0032.jpg

Got this stuff about 40 minutes ago from the UPS guy:

hilux_stuff.jpg

Unfortunately I wont be able to work on the hilux much since I am waiting for full ball bearings and I am also waiting for tires. I might just go ahead and work on the body and get that done. :angry:

another fine selection of vintage schuey stuff arrived yesterday..

1 x schumacher cougar 2000 (far image) in not too bad shape needing only light restoration by the looks of things... wheels are going to go I just hate the 3 spokes, got loads of nip stuff for it including the SACS active camber system..

1 x schumacher cougar team (near image red chassis) needing major resto work... got some nip stuff already, need to source undertray, front hubs, new chassis plate if I can find one as this ones more scratched than a 12" hip hop vinyl..

2 x kamtec repro cougar bodies :lol:

let the fun (and expense) begin

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

Hi Gents,

Last week post man brought me these ;)

DSC02968.jpg

Clockwise:

Tamiya Castrol Celica GT4

ABC Vintage Skyline 4 door

Tamiya R34 Skyline Z Tuned

ABC Vintage Skyline 2 door

Tamiya R33 Loctite Skyline

Ha~

VS

• Like 2

Well, yesterday the Postman bought me my Christmas present!

The New Waterproof E-Maxx 16.8v, and it is AWESOME!

I know it's not Tamiya (sorry all) but I really think it is the most fun vehicle I own. Tried it, loved it, will be taking a video soon

Steve

These just arrived from Hong Kong - these got to the UK faster than the things I recently bought off Ebay B)

BlackfootShox.jpg

THIS also came FREE with the order:

FreeTruck.jpg

Now the question is - do I live it NIP, do I put it on the shelf, or do I make it a runner..?

:D

At last, it finally arrived :huh:

blackfoot1.jpg

blackfoot2.jpg

Not too shabby - needs a new shell and a few new chassis components but otherwise a very good base for a restoration.

Think I'll paint the chassis on this one, do a nice custom paintjob on a new shell, and have a very tidy shelfer...

On Tuesday the postman brought me my lovely new Highlift gearbox for my truck from Blakeatron :lol:

So that now needs to be fitted tho nt till after my exams :huh:

now of to order some more POWER for the reading bash :P

regards

Ryck

The postman DIDN'T bring me my hacker flares :lol: but he did bring me a 28VAT bill for $30 parts - my reckoning thats 100% VAT, Yeah thanks for that! :huh:

My postmans not bringing me jack at the moment. I have about 4 parcels that should have been delivered by now.

same here!!!

Swiftly delivered from those top boffins at Apex Models:

Silvia will be painted in the colours of Steele Walker's street car from my Circle Of Denial series of stories, complete with custom graphics on waterslide paper. This car will probably never run - just be put delicately on the shelf, the first of a series of Minerva Dragons cars from the Circle of Denial series.

post-16805-1202729411.jpg

HPI 550 motors will be plugged into my Blackfoot Extreme when the new chassis arrives. RW 20t pinion will provide the means to transfer the motor's awesome power to the spur. Bear Hawk body will be tastefully sprayed in metallic dark blue and decalled in either standard or custom decals for my shelf, and in a rash change of direction, will sit on a trailer behind my Clod-Bod TLT scaler (which is still in development and soon awaiting parts from t'US).

post-16805-1202729463.jpg

Behind the parts you can see the Minerva Dragons graphic that I made last week, based on a dragon graphic I blatantly stole from some website (no idea who made it). I have since made some new graphics based on an elliptical dragon design what I made all entirely myself and am very pleased with, considering I am rubbish at arty things :)

Just got a mail from the post offise down in Malmo saying they need some more info before handeling this item further!!!

My Super Clod Buster is in that package!!! :)

I think my WW2 Chrome body arriveing today.

Badboy

Just got this in the mail 2day. Tamiya Adspec unit with CPR 100, Brand New in Box :) Its going into my R91CP

This arrived today from bfst4:

hpispeedo.jpg

along with this, from Loaded:

wilddagger.jpg

Will be combined tonight with yesterday's new bits to make my first 14.4v runner :lol:

MORE BITS!!

Today was a good day for deliveries. The postie arrived carrying a special delivery box for me, which contained:

rcmartorder.jpg

3-Racing DF-03 front and rear graphite shock towers for my Dark Impact, which suffered a catastrophic roll on tarmac (after launching itself off the back of Rabid Mushroom's Avante MkII)

Yeah! Racing Wild Dagger alloy front & rear knuckles and C-hubs - to strengthen the suspension on my 14.4v dagger.

And then the boss arrived with a padded envelope that had accidentally found its way to his desk. It contained:

junfacwideners.jpg

Wideners so I can fit my HPI wheels and Ho Bao tyres to my Dagger. Well, I know what I'm up to tonight!!

:)

Today the Postman brought me some goodies for the Carbon Twin Detonator. Duratrax Dual Charger & Traxxas Battery ends.

A NIB original production Hornet!

Niiiice, the original Hornet was my first ever exposure to Tamiya 20 years ago, I always loved the box art, it is probably the most recognised among the general public too, due to them being sold in the department stores toy section.

tamiyaclubpics051ny8.th.jpg

tamiyaclubpics050bh8.th.jpg

tamiyaclubpics049oi3.th.jpg

tamiyaclubpics047ky6.th.jpg

I got this lot this morning A high lift because I seem to be the only one who has not got one. A Tao5ifs 2007 nsx which is the only one on TC. Plus a bunch of hop ups for it. A Muchmore cell master Andy Moore special editionand a focus body set.

All nicely hiden away from the wife before she got home from work.

• Like 1

Shouldn't this be called the "Make your forum members jealous" thread? :P:lol: Anyways, this is what the postman brought me:

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

It didn't come in one piece, they're all parts that came here with the postman :P

The postman brought my Lancer back!

I sold this to a friend about 4 years ago, in conversation I said I would be happy to buy it back. And finally it returned home! The body is a bit battle damaged but will clean up and make a good shelf queen.

As for the TB-01 chassis I am going to give it an overhaul and turn it into a new rally car. Some new shocks bearings etc, a new set of wheels and tires and new body, I am thinking maybe a Citroen Xsara WRC.

Alloy shaft for my Silvia TT01D, Stabilizer set for my Ebro 350R TA05-IFS and the driftspec tires for.... dunno yet, just coz I liked them :lol:

lancer.jpg

The Postman just brought me a nice NIP Nissan R91CP Body (Got 4 R91CPs now :lol: ) + a set of wheels from europro, very fast shipping from England (thanks Tony). Going to have a fun weekend making a runner R91 to go with my C-11 :lol: