backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Courier brought me my bitzof Hotshot restoration project - its going to need loads of parts, as its basically 80% of the front and back axles/gearboxes, screwed onto another Tamiya chassis tub currently !!!

I will be keeping tamiyaparts or europro happy :D

I don't often get to post in this thread, as I rarely mail-order anything, but I got this lovely box from Tower today...

DSCF0389.JPG

HB2010, a second receiver for my Tactic 2.4 radio, an LRP waterproof ESC, and some odds and ends for my Falcon project (front uprights, wheels & tires, etc.). Wasn't going to get the HB, but their $30 coupon plus free shipping sweetened the deal enough for me to listen to that little voice that said "come on, you know you won't be content until you have one..."

I LOVE getting boxes from tower hobbies!!!! So fun to open with all sorts of goodies inside! Even better when there is an new kit!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Venom GPV-1 PRO Motorcycle KIT :lol:.

Looks like an interesting build too !

Wouldn't mind seeing a build thread for that, if you get chance.

Looks like a great kit!

Wouldn't mind seeing a build thread for that, if you get chance.

Looks like a great kit!

You will need some patience it's about number 5 on the build list (If at all - I have a problem stashing NIB's around :lol: )

My new Dyna Storm and genuine, rather difficult to get, carbon chassis parts... to be built after Christmas... :unsure:

DS001.jpgDS002.jpgDS003.jpg

Got a box of ta01 bits, axels and pinions.

Still need wheels, some rubber and shocks.

What did you get?

Wish I saw this thread earlier...I received a few different King Cab Chassis, an A&L Lethal Weapon Belt drive tranny, some Aluminum Hop Up Dampers and some Tamiya U-Joints. Ohh I also go the Chrome Blackfoot wheels and a new set of tires for the freshening up of my old King Cab from my youth days. This rebuild has been alot of fun, although I have been slacking with the pictures. I am waiting on some pinion and spur gear combinations to get it running again. So the postman better hurry up. Next I think I will order a new body and consider a paint scheme.

Tamiya Toyota Toms 84c, Good condition, shell is poor but has nip decal set :unsure:

Also came with a spare chassis, spare set of wheels and loads of other random parts :)

Well, my package can't compete with a delivery containing TRF417, but I did receive a set of Blitzer front tires from RCmart/Dinball. As usual with the small packages, it slipped under customs radar and arrived in less than a week from ordering. Given the Christmas craze, I don't think I could even get a domestic letter 200 miles across the country in that time :-)

dec2010005.jpg

Lunchbox from Jason:

post-34694-1293134702_thumb.jpg

Jason must be swimming in Tamiyas. He tore up a 501X manual to use for padding :-O

I received my new Xerun V2.1 60A esc and prof programbox :(

awesome esc.

the postman dropped off 2 pairs of shocks for my clod, via dinball.

Postman delivered a Super Clod Buster yesterday! Just in time for tomorrow! Very happy :)

John

7:00am, a knock on the door. Who on earth can that be I thought?

Royal Mail's finest doing there best to get stuff to us before Xmas is the answer

A nice vintage Hornet body shell / wing and some other spares, from TC member Will16.

First time I have dealt outside of eBay for this sort of thing and this guy is spot on. Great communication, fast postage and very realistic price. Cheers mate. :)

So now I have removed the go faster Merc touring car shell (from a cheapo r/c)

P1060531.jpg

And have a nice vintage shell to complete the vintage hornet, all ready for the beach on any Sunday soon.

I like the black box art colour, but surprisingly I like this colour more, kinda brightens it up.

P1060534.jpg

The postman brought me the beginning of my Mini display project. I can't start yet, too many more Hop Ups on the way... :)

IMG_1005.jpgIMG_1016.jpgIMG_1012.jpg

Collected my seben racing chromed buggy wheel n tyre set from post office. Look great for under £20!

Got some land rover wheels (1.9s) for my ta01, front drive shafts tyres, Scalextrix brushes, new school shoes all came today, still waiting for my tyres, New slot.it gear for my scalextric car and some screen protectors for my iPod

Postman got me out of bed this morning, happy chappy because it was my EZRun 9T 4300kv brushless set with 35A ESC and program card - 8 days from HK, no import duty and package marked up as value of $7 so if i had been stung it wouldn't have been too bad !

Looks like it will be a tight squeeze in the Hotshot electrics box lol!!

Just had a Dirt Thrasher dropped off

photogr.jpg

I'm a sucker for the older Tamiya's

New bumber and screw's on the way, and then on the shelf :lol:

New Futaba 3PL 2.4 FHSS system and 4 additional G2004RF recievers!

WOOHOO!!! (Now just need to get another 10 or so recievers.... heh)

Little at a time.

Cheers,

Skottoman