backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

From Austria:

'

39BFC929-EA46-41DB-AA0D-C5CAD1243862-102-00000080986C643F.jpg

really happy with it, not got the heart to run it though!

• Like 1

Not today but on Friday my postie brought me this Madcap

SDC10890_zps7a89c63c.jpg

SDC10891_zps66597fa8.jpg

First thing I did was put in a Batt & take it for a lap of the backyard, it ran just fine. :)

Not long after it looked like this

SDC10892_zpsec2fc9ac.jpg

Now I'm playing the waiting game for parts.

• Like 1

Not today but on Friday my postie brought me this Madcap

SDC10890_zps7a89c63c.jpg

SDC10891_zps66597fa8.jpg

First thing I did was put in a Batt & take it for a lap of the backyard, it ran just fine. :)

Not long after it looked like this

SDC10892_zpsec2fc9ac.jpg

Now I'm playing the waiting game for parts.

Gee , the last pic is bad , your driving is bad :lol: .... OH!! Sorry you pulled it apart , It was not your driving :D .

A vintage Frog in considerably good condition for its age. It came with a second shell and wing unpainted and a new set of deals. A nice little project to get underway, the only issue is keep it original or totally modernize it original????. Steve.

24 rubber shielded bearings, most of which will be going into my Blackfoot 3 build.

TRG body for F103

Shimizu rubber tyres for F103

Tamiya F103 spoke wheel set

18 bearings for wheelie camper van, but no camper :(

A stupid piece of paper telling me to visit the post office after 1pm tomorrow... grrr.

And I was working from home today! Just stepped out to get some lunch - they were watching me. :angry:

A stupid piece of paper telling me to visit the post office after 1pm tomorrow... grrr.

And I was working from home today! Just stepped out to get some lunch - they were watching me. :angry:

waiting for one of them today, nothing..... it wil arrive tomorrow when i am out and about no doubt.

Finally my turn to get a really really sweet deal, thanks Lasse, your are the man! Today I went and got the following treats:

A slightly used, but very cool F103, "piaa nakajima reynard 97d" - Will be used as my silvercan runner :)

1.jpg

Underneath, something else is lurking... Something I have been wanting to get for a long time, a NIB Isuzu MU Type X:

2.jpg

So very very cool:

4.jpg

Oh, and from Poul_F I got these little gems for my TB02R's - thanks my friend!

5.jpg

I'm kinda wanting to stay up very very late and build the MU... It will be build and used, I promise you that :)

A stupid piece of paper telling me to visit the post office after 1pmsize=4] [/size]

Lol I got a card today too, "we will re deliver tomorrow when you're out again or you can drive 35 miles to collect"

Nice day for a drive then :(

OMG!! I have finally got some post . :D .

Toyota Toms & torque tuned X2 motors & the front high caps From jr-rc .

IMG_0690_zpsef5fb977.jpgStill waiting on my Stella order . Come on postie ......

It's not often I post in this thread but I took a small risk that paid off and I think it's worth sharing. Today I received fifty "2mm STAINLESS STEEL NUTS FOR M2 THREADED SCREWS MULTI PACKS" for £1.75, delivered, from fleabay. I needed some new nuts to replace the vintage ones in my Frankenscorcher so that they could be transferred to my Mk1 Sand Scorcher shelfer. I've read that that you can buy them in Screw Bag A for the Hornet, but I didn't need the screws and fifty nuts seemed more than I could want in the future. Once I'd bought them, however, I found some comments that cast doubt on whether they would fit in the wheel recesses. I'm pleased to report that these ones DO fit perfectly in the wheels.

Not Tamiya related, but my painter got my racing body finished for my Schumy Cat K1. It's gorgeous and pictures do not do his work justice. :wub:

K1003_zpsc7b499c6.jpg

K1001_zpsa2b8108a.jpg

I actually picked these up from the post office today, having missed them yesterday.

IMG_20130130_173731.jpg

Not Tamiya related, but my painter got my racing body finished for my Schumy Cat K1. It's gorgeous and pictures do not do his work justice. :wub:

Sweet looking paint job! What tyres ("tires" ;)) are those?

Edit: I have a NIB Cougar SV sitting here to build. Got it as a gift - looks sweet.

• Like 1

[/size]

Sweet looking paint job! What tyres ("tires" ;)) are those?

Edit: I have a NIB Cougar SV sitting here to build. Got it as a gift - looks sweet.

They are JConcepts Bar Codes in gold (clay) with JConcepte blue open foam inserts front and AKA red open foam rears. Both my tracks here are indoor clay.

Yesterday..

For F103 build..

FastWorx McLaren decal sheet

FastWorx Pirelli PZero tyre decal sheet

For another build.. (who can guess what it is ??)

53989 Centre Pulleys 18T

53988 Ball Diff Pulley 37T (x2)

54034 Carbon Reinforced Caster Blocks

53980 Dust Cover for ball adjuster

For another build.. (who can guess what it is ??)

53989 Centre Pulleys 18T

53988 Ball Diff Pulley 37T (x2)

54034 Carbon Reinforced Caster Blocks

53980 Dust Cover for ball adjuster

I think I can guess... why the need for new centre pulleys?

I think I can guess... why the need for new centre pulleys?

Easy answer - the chassis only arrived this morning, no idea what it would be like but for the cost it would be daft no to change all pulleys

Easy answer - the chassis only arrived this morning, no idea what it would be like but for the cost it would be daft to change all pulleys

"Not to"?