backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I finally got my Carisma Porsche 959. What a beauty. More pics in the Other Makes thread.

20140306_205521_zps1nukzols.jpg

• Like 2

A nice little diff building/servicing set (no more fiddling with Allen keys or lost fingerprints on sandpaper) and Team Assoc Black grease and diff lube.

D5A678C0-E9A5-47BA-8D53-67C032F74ABC_zps

A set of hybrid spike tyres - nice price from Korean ebay seller :D

A few odds and sods today.

Lunchbox windows for the never ending Mystery Machine, the Mystery is when will it ever be finished!

2 cheap handsets and receivers for the kids runners. I thought they are so cheap they were worth a punt.

No Ariel's to hurt any one with or bend!

image-82.jpg

• Like 1

Today the postie brought me - My custom narrowed Sand Blaster tires from SRB Bloke . As a bonus Steve included some of his stickers and they will be taking pride of place on the Frog Baja Scorcher .

Steve these are freaking awesome - thanks mate .

• Like 1

I played postman myself yesterday. Went to pick up the Plasma Edge i bought last week. Came complete with Expec set including servo, RX and charger. Nice bonus also. The seller also had an almost complete TT-01 which i also could take. Once again, including a complete Tamiya expec set. Only the gearcover is missing.

Went and picked up the "Holiday Hammer" I purchased off IBIFTKH from my local UPS centre. It's awesome :D!

UPS tried to deliver on Friday at 12:00, no one was in, so they said they would try again Monday at 12:00. Why do they think anyone will be in on a Friday, let alone a Monday!

some low voltage alarms for my lipos,some antenna caps and ive purchased a big toolbox to keep everything in one place (an attempt to placate the wife a tad!!). failed miserably as it doesnt all fit and her attention has turned to the ugly black box in the kitchen rather the mess on the dining table. tried suggesting we farm out a child so i can have my own dedicated mancave but she didnt really like that idea for some reason.

I may be late to the party, never the less, I'm here! Today I received my first order from Stellamodels. I had heard about their great packing and timely shipping. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. Ordered 2/28 and delivered today to the US without a scratch (curious as this was a discounted unit due to a box cover crease, but I can't seem to find said crease). I'll be a shopper there for life! Thank you Stellamodels!!!

20140308_205412_zps20lnkmmj.jpg

20140308_205515_zpspmqchn4u.jpg

• Like 5

Yesterday (last night) I came home to find a small package and two red cards. My Mtroniks Trident XT-20 turned up in record time from Modelsport. Excellent service from them.

Modelsport usually are excellent with delivery's . Next day is the norm with them

Nothing much and in fact it came a few days ago, some nitrile gloves for the grubby bits :)

postman_53.jpg

• Like 1

Modelsport usually are excellent with delivery's . Next day is the norm with them

Then I imagine the red card that landed on Friday is probably for the Core RC CR151 I ordered from Modelsport on Thursday. I haven't been able to get to the post office over the weekend so will go tomorrow after work.

HI!... Had the day off today and went out to the LHS. If u want to call it that. It's 45 minutes away. Anyway there are two hobby shops in that town. Apparently one is closing for good. Been around almost 40 years. The original owner passed away last year and the grand daughter took it over. Now she's got married and has no time so their closing it and selling everything off at 50-75% off the sticker prices. Or u can barter with them. So I went in there today. Was 2nd guy waiting at the door. Most people waiting outside were all older guys 60+. We got in they all went over to the glue together model kits and trains. I ran straight to the RC section. lol! I stopped and took a glance around. What do I see on the floor in the corner? A really good condition original Tamiya Holiday Buggy. Looked complete. Snatched that up right away. Then over in another corner I see a plain brown cardboard box. No one was giving it a 2nd thought. But I spotted something. What looked like a original Tamiya BigWig front bumper still in the package. I grab that and start fishing through the box. It's just full of NIP Tamiya black spru's. Mostly BigWig parts, front "A" arm, gear box halves. So I grab that. I go up to the counter and ask her how much she wants for all of that? She says "$40 will do" Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t.png

Then as my usual luck, I go for my wallet and guess what? Left it at home when I changed clothes to go out there. angry.png NP she is holding all the parts for me till Saturday and I'm getting a private viewing of the store to pick over things. Technically the store is closed. She said there was still more vintage stuff in the back she never bothered to bring out in the front. So I get free range to look over it. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll post of pics of what I get on Saturday.

• Like 2

HI!... O.k, just got back from the local hobby shop closing sale. Got a crap load of stuff. Mind you the store has been pretty picked over but I was allowed to go into some back rooms. Got everything below for $100 Cash including the 1980 Tamiya Holiday buggy. :woohoo:

1st off hot the BigWig jackpot :

Img_5931.jpg

Img_5932.jpg

Img_5933.jpg

Img_5934.jpg

Got a few motors :

Img_5919.jpg

Img_5920.jpg

Img_5921.jpg

Some electronic, battery's :

Img_5923.jpg

Img_5924.jpg

Img_5925.jpg

Img_5926.jpg

Img_5927.jpg

Some tires/rims :

Img_5913.jpg

Img_5916.jpg

Img_5918.jpg

Img_5915.jpg

Img_5914.jpg

Traxxas spool ;

Img_5917.jpg

Random parts :

Img_5929.jpg

Img_5928.jpg

Tamiya part spru's :

Img_5938.jpg

Img_5937.jpg

Img_5936.jpg

Unknown front bumper?????

Img_5939.jpg

Img_5940.jpg

HI!... O.k here's the 1980 Tamiya Holiday buggy I got also in that group deal. It looks all original. Most everything is there as far as I can tell minus the servo's/receiver/battery. Still has the original 380 motor and MSC. Bodies in pretty good shape. Think I'm going to strip the decals off and sand and re-paint it. Gears in the open gearbox seem fine, just dirty from the car sitting so long. I believe this car has been sitting on a shelf for over 25 years. The chassis has a small crack on the right side and the piece is flared out a bit. Looks like someone hit something head on at a good speed. Going to heat of the bend with the heat gun and bend it back in place. Then C/A glue it. Looks like it's only been driven maybe 20 times or so. As usual this one will get a full restoration and be put on the shelf.

Img_5943.jpg

Img_5945.jpg

Img_5947.jpg

Img_5946.jpg

Img_5944.jpg

Img_5948.jpg

Img_5950.jpg

Img_5952.jpg

Img_5954.jpg

Img_5951.jpg

Img_5953.jpg

Img_5949.jpg

Img_5941.jpg

Img_5942.jpg

• Like 1

Nice find . Looks like it will restore well .

500C2875-A231-41CB-B9F5-319A7BB354FF_zps

Well my holiday hop ups arrived so hopefully I can get building the HB 2010 very soon :D

• Like 1

]Img_5941.jpg[/url]Img_5942.jpg

Ok , what a great story & Maybe you should keep that story alive & just clean the holiday buggy , As it has

survived this long in the hobby shop like it is .

But hay it's yours & good luck .

WOW !! them bigwig parts , who would have though they would still be around .

Your a lucky man . enjoy .

HI!... Yes the Holiday Buggy will be getting a full restoration. It's just going to be a while. I got 5 other cars ahead of it that need to be restored 1st. It's so dirty in the pics due to I just got it from the hobby shop.

An Acto power endbell with terminals, plate, springs and all, brandnew! :D Finally i can get my Acto Power Formula motor working again.