backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

(Yesterday) A missed delivery card, off to the Post Office this morning to collect what I can only imagine is......................MY EGRESS.........woohoo, from Stella

I'm in a similar boat, I'm off to pick up my re-re Sand Scorcher NIB shortly!

And here it is, I'm already thinking of selling it though as I got stung by customs so it's ended up not being the bargain it first appeared to be (although still way cheaper than anywhere else).

Posted Image

• Like 1

And here it is, I'm already thinking of selling it though as I got stung by customs so it's ended up not being the bargain it first appeared to be (although still way cheaper than anywhere else).

3E01A2BF-F13B-49CD-AF69-8245E42E5F65_zps

Is it just me or does anyone else seem to get hit for customs charges more if you have to go and collect the items in person? It's almost as though the average postie can't be bothered with it but the jobs worth in the depot is on commission!

just curious, any uk TC members, on average how time your purchases from overseas have got nailed by Customs? I would guess most, like 80%, get through without additional levies.

"Damper Oil Air Remover (Super Long)"38A6CD1E-A0C6-4DFD-8CDF-85FA77FB2AB8_zps

Or shock pump in non tamiya San speak. E5EBFD6D-941F-4522-9E37-8660D7B00915_zps

Been wanting one of these for a while. Be hand even as a shock stand even if not using the pump aspect. Can also double as a tool holder ;)

Now that you have one. is it a good investment? Do you notice the difference ?
  • Like 1

just curious, any uk TC members, on average how time your purchases from overseas have got nailed by Customs? I would guess most, like 80%, get through without additional levies.

Yes when coming from the Far East about 80% make it through without charges but it seems when coming from the USA I'd say it's about 80-90% get caught! Anyone else get that?

I reckon about 95% of mine escape charges, but that includes small orders for part(s) some of which are under the threshold for charges anyway.

I'm kicking myself really as I usually get stuff sent to my work not home and I've never ever been hit by customs when stuff goes to my work. I have a feeling that customs are more likely to pick on something if the address is a residential one but it could just be my mind doing overtime.

Not what the postman brought me, but the courier delivered to my LHS, My RC10 Worlds Kit :)

IMG_2835_zps9880d863.jpg

, Again, not much excitement inside the box, unlike below in this post

IMG_2836_zps83b287d5.jpg

(Yesterday) A missed delivery card, off to the Post Office this morning to collect what I can only imagine is......................MY EGRESS.........woohoo, from Stella

Typical Stella quality in the packaging, absolutely 2nd to none!!

IMG_2832_zps0a99d934.jpg

IMG_2834_zps669824ae.jpg

Into the cue they go

• Like 3

IMG_2835_zps9880d863.jpg

, Again, not much excitement inside the box, unlike below in this post

IMG_2836_zps83b287d5.jpg

Typical Stella quality in the packaging, absolutely 2nd to none!!

IMG_2832_zps0a99d934.jpg

IMG_2834_zps669824ae.jpg

Into the cue they go

Your going to enjoy building them two fine gems & can't wait for the build thread :D...

Then again , these should be at the top of your build list :P ...

• Like 2

Your going to enjoy building them two fine gems & can't wait for the build thread :D...

Then again , these should be at the top of your build list :P ...

Worlds Car kit will get built soon, but Egress will be a while, probably after WW2, Flat Bed Trailer and Bruiser
  • Like 1

Now that you have one. is it a good investment? Do you notice the difference ?

It is much more thorough. You'd need to wait 24hrs to get out what it does in 5-10min I think.

Also is a handy stand!

Hmmm, not so good day today. Wife working from home, she took receipt of the following

2 sport tuned motors

GT tuned motor

TRF201 wing set

Bigwig resistor set

NIB Dynastorm

NIB Egress

NIB Top Force Evo

• Like 6

Hmmm, not so good day today. Wife working from home, she took receipt of the following

2 sport tuned motors

GT tuned motor

TRF201 wing set

Bigwig resistor set

NIB Dynastorm

NIB Egress

NIB Top Force Evo

I'd get slaughtered if the best part of £1k worth of kit came through the door in one go. Good luck with smoothing the waters....

NIB:

-Avante 1988

-Vanquish

-Egress 2013

Nice work Haider - building or storing ?

Nice work Haider - building or storing ?

For the time being , will be stored...:)

i might build Vanquish and make a building thread as never seen a building thread for Vanquish Here..;)

• Like 3

Some Manta Ray wheels and a tube of ceramic grease. At least I think it's ceramic grease. Seems to have changed a bit since I last bought some.

49862746568_7d418ecc99_o.jpg

Another addition to the fleet. Going to make a K100 out of this.

Many thanks again to STELLAMODELS. A pristine kit in a box that could only have been wrapped by little tamiya angels. Look at the packaging.. LOOK.. AT.. IT..

Everything is sectioned with polystyrene, and bubble wrap, hot glued with cardboard reinforcements (Even the outside corners have extra card! And every parts bag is lovingly wrapped in bubblewrap inside! :wub: I feel like royalty whenever I buy from Stella!

20140415_191328_zps4l5dgw9c.jpg

20140415_191740_zpshketfu0k.jpg

• Like 3

Been waiting for these for two weeks , one to be raced .

b439a13e2884d7ec3abc165ccb983cb1_zpsf0bf

• Like 3