backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Couldn't resist it :)

Tamiya%2BKumamon.jpeg

Never seen one of these before. Love it!

• Like 1

HS225BB, as seen in mr crispy's excellent build thread. Had a half-hearted poke around looking for alternatives first, then just wondered why I was making life difficult for myself.

Hard to find the dimensions wasn't it? Don't forget to sand it's sides a little, it helps for the perfect fit :D

• Like 1

Tamiya would have to pay me to drive one of those . I'd die of embarrassment :(

Two HK3100 receivers for my runner projects :D

Snap I got my two as well. Decided on the royal mail option (90p) from Hobbyking UK. Well happy. Can't wait for them to have more stock.

Snap I got my two as well. Decided on the royal mail option (90p) from Hobbyking UK. Well happy. Can't wait for them to have more stock.

given up on mibe turning up now, no more International Warehouse orders for me!

My bargain Mad Fighter arrived today. I can't praise Tamico enough! Super cheap and delivered from Germany in a couple of days :)

10997786_10152720470826158_2855251131806

• Like 2

Jack Willy is very excited... looks like he's been approved to race the Dakar next year* and the stickers arrived for his truck this afternoon!

P1020796_zpstemc4dts.jpeg

*I haven't the heart to tell him these are actually the 2011 edition stickers - and that the STUMPkamper: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73857&page=3 is actually going to be an ex-Dakar race truck after all... ;o)

Jx

• Like 4

A small box and a BIG BOX :)

The Kyosho Honda have I seen here in the forum and could not resist. :wub: Arrived today from Banzai, 120 all in with import dutys and EMS shipping from Japan.

And from Modellbau Seidel, the legendary King Hauler. One of my biggest childhood dreams back in the 90s. :wub:

king0cuuz.jpg

• Like 3

Nice, er 'Haul' you got there :rolleyes:

Love the bike also, just don't know where or whether I would actually run one...

Jack Willy is very excited... looks like he's been approved to race the Dakar next year* and the stickers arrived for his truck this afternoon!

*I haven't the heart to tell him these are actually the 2011 edition stickers - and that the STUMPkamper: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73857&page=3 is actually going to be an ex-Dakar race truck after all... ;o)

Jx

I understand - I had a hard time telling Willy that his Monte Carlo entry missed its homologation date...

2lbg9w0.jpg

After sulking for a bit, I heard rumours he ended up going anyways under a pseudonym!

Looking forward to seeing the Dakar truck painted up!

• Like 3

Just my luck, the motor had been torn open from the bottom of the pack and had scratches and dents, it's gone back to Modelsport today, they are very helpful at sorting things out, emailed me a rtn label to print out so I didn't have to pay for rtn postage.

Got this back now, car is waaaayyyyy faster now, and I haven't turned it up yet, shame it's wet outside as it just wheelspins! will flip onto it's roof on the carpet though!

Got this back now, car is waaaayyyyy faster now, and I haven't turned it up yet, shame it's wet outside as it just wheelspins! will flip onto it's roof on the carpet though!

Be interested to see how well it go's - and how driveable it is . Hope your tires and gearbox last !

P1020796_zpstemc4dts.jpeg

Jx

Screenprint did a good job of scaling those down for you Jenny - trust the Yorkshire lads to see you right .

• Like 1

Today I got a couple of rear M03 body mounts (thank you JennyMo😉) and a new WT01 gearbox.

285a9e21efd01de0f0fcc4c1f8e50fe7.jpg

Bit disappointed the gearbox just came in a Jiffy bag with no extra protection, looks like it survived but I'd better check it works before stripping it down to fit the bearings!

• Like 1

Today I got a couple of rear M03 body mounts (thank you JennyMo) and a new WT01 gearbox.

285a9e21efd01de0f0fcc4c1f8e50fe7.jpg

Bit disappointed the gearbox just came in a Jiffy bag with no extra protection, looks like it survived but I'd better check it works before stripping it down to fit the bearings!

you'll be fine Nic - those WT-01 box's are very robust

I think Banzai are back on form - ordered this little haul last Saturday, shipped SAL too, arrived yesterday!

Mostly bits for my DT02 build and a couple of new screwdrivers.

DSC_0057.jpg

Also got this little package from Asiatees, the screw set was a bargain and the steering set and shocks will allow me to finish the CC01 build at last. Has anyone any experience using these Topcad shocks and filled them with oil?

DSC_0058.jpg

• Like 2

HI!... A few things came in today....

Redcat Backdraft 8E parts :

Img_6660.jpg

Got all this for $18 off E-bay. :wink:

Img_6663.jpg

• Like 3

soo i think this is the last bit im after (apart from specific electrics i want to use, so hopefully i finish the taisan this weekend and start on th BS

Egress hi caps ;)

Yxj8CsN.jpg

• Like 1