backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

yeah, oil shocks, brushless outrunner, better steering, battery relocation... too many ideas, although the car is for a 8 year old... But I can't resist ;)

Where are you moving the battery? Have to say mine wasn't much fun when I fitted a brushless set up, it went around in circles on the spot very well however! I'm looking forward to your updates ;)

2 Traxxas servos 1 Traxxas receiver and transmitter, Tamiya ESC for my cousins TA06

I really want a wheele, even though there is no room for one in my collection and they make no sense as a runner!

Today my Sand Blaster 915 Tyres arrived from Jadlam Racing, happy days...

• Like 1

I really want a wheele, even though there is no room for one in my collection and they make no sense as a runner!

Never stopped me!

Speaking of which: IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HEEEEEERE! It was so unexpected, too!

... You might say I got surprised by my Willy? :P Onto pictures:

24bkm4y.jpg

RC Model-China believes this is acceptable packaging:

5pn3uv.jpg

They know something I do not, because even the bottom only suffered minor damage:

2lo0uf6.jpg

And now, the big reveal:

bdo83k.jpg

Followed by an even bigger reveal!

sq5hjm.jpg

This example has a TBLE-02S ESC and a Torque-Tuned motor, and I did see several spare servos lying around in my toolkit... Once ball bearings are sorted, we will have lots of fun with this one! :D

• Like 8

Sadly it isn't quite pristine - there are some minor abrasions to the upper attachments for the front gearbox assembly, that appear to have occurred prior to postage since the inner plastic bag was damaged but the outer bubble wrap jiffy bag wasn't.

However the abrasions aren't structural and are hidden when the gearbox is attached, so I am not too bothered. It is just unusual - every other part I have received from them in the past has been perfect.

Unfortunately my last purchase from them was similar, I got some rare chrome plated parts and the bumpers and grille were tarnished, it is quite noticeable and bad enough that I don't really want to use them. I must mention that I bought the last out of a bunch they had accumulated, so wonder if I got the 'dregs' so to speak. Still, wasn't mentioned. Disappointing really.

I am super jealous of all these wheelers! I would love to buy one but just cannot justify it right now. Always loved the city turbo 2s! :)

Delivery of paint from Fusion for my tundra project. 3bd0c09b16112238a7a406080bee6328.jpg

I wasn't expecting the TS-83 Metallic silver to be so problematic though - there's a label on it that says it needs a TS-14 black undercoat and shouldn't be clear coated. Wondering about rethinking my paint scheme as I'm still pretty much a beginner at painting body shells, and was planning to clear coat the shell.

The postman brought me a NIB Boomerang rerelease this morning!

Finally, from 2008...

It will stay NIB.

Max

• Like 2

Delivery of paint from Fusion for my tundra project. 3bd0c09b16112238a7a406080bee6328.jpg

I wasn't expecting the TS-83 Metallic silver to be so problematic though - there's a label on it that says it needs a TS-14 black undercoat and shouldn't be clear coated. Wondering about rethinking my paint scheme as I'm still pretty much a beginner at painting body shells, and was planning to clear coat the shell.

All the clear coat will do is take the gloss off the TS-83 . Its a slightly reflective paint - that's why it needs backing with black . Try a test piece and clear coat it to see if you can live with the result IMO

There was a "we tried to deliver but you weren't home" note on the door from UPS yesterday. I went to UPS today to get what I thought was more hop up parts for my sons Desert Gator racer but no... What I picked up was this box, addressed to my WIFE.

04.15.2015-12.47.png

I texted her asking what did she order. (We don't open each others mail.) She told me it was none of my business and I wasn't to buy any more R/C cars until next month (it's exactly 4 weeks until my birthday). What do you guys think she bought me?

There was a "we tried to deliver but you weren't home" note on the door from UPS yesterday. I went to UPS today to get what I thought was more hop up parts for my sons Desert Gator racer but no... What I picked up was this box, addressed to my WIFE.

04.15.2015-12.47.png

I texted her asking what did she order. (We don't open each others mail.) She told me it was none of my business and I wasn't to buy any more R/C cars until next month (it's exactly 4 weeks until my birthday). What do you guys think she bought me?

Maybe she wants you to have a bigger willy?

• Like 4

I may agree with the 'bigger Willy' comment, although I think the Honda City Turbo is a little smaller than the Wild Willy 2 or other WR-02s! Otherwise, it depends - she may have noticed some of his builds and ordered a single tube of ceramic grease/anti-wear grease/threadlock or something like that!

Finally settling into my new house :) and finally have internet again :) Today arrived a Tamiya Super Modified 11T motor in fantastic condition including its box, for less than £20. This will go into my Hopped up TA03R-S

James

:)

• Like 1

I had 4 really cheap Chinese ESC'S arrive today, just over £20 inc delivery.

On/off switch, Tamiya plug and well packed.

They came recommended, so it will be interesting to see what they are like.

• Like 2

A Rising Fighter for my 6 year old and a Carrera RC for my 4 year old (both girls) :)

IMG_20150416_154131.jpg

• Like 5

Rising Fighter = Modern Grasshopper/Hornet. I came so close to getting one of these for my daughter. I do wish it had a better name that followed the whole insect theme of the chassis. Maybe the Praying Mantis...

• Like 1

The Rising Fighter is a great choice. My wife and nephew both have them. I am sure your daughter will enjoy hers.

My nephew's one is fitted with a crawler motor along with Mad Bull wheels and tyres, and is an excellent car for him to learn with, slow, stable and pretty much indestructable.

My wife's one has been fitted with uprated shocks and motor, and even though she has access to far more modern and advanced machinery, it is still her favourite basher.

• Like 1

Today the posies brought me - My Redundancy Notice :(