backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Eight full sets of Super Astute suspension arms (32 arms in total). I bought all that was left in stock and thought that one package contained only two arms :) nice bonus.

• Like 1

Great looking shell that Jaccs honda,

Makes me wonder if anyone has ever tried to vinyl wrap a RC car, like they do 1:1 cars.

would make getting individual stickers in the right place a lot easier

I've received a Celica body in a lot a bought that had been vinyl wrapped, It wasn't pretty.

On the flip side I've used the 3M carbon wrap to cover up a shocking paint job on a Lexus Soarer, it turned out ok, well, better than it was anyway!

Before:

IMG_20150628_234156_zpsf701e955.jpg

After:

IMG_20150628_234139_zps8e0e61e1.jpg

• Like 1

A full set of TL01 universal shafts thanks to TC member svenb.

Should prevent any unwanted dogbone spitting seeing as this is going to be run off-road, I'd never find them again!

Should prevent any unwanted dogbone spitting seeing as this is going to be run off-road, I'd never find them again!

Postie has been good to me today, with a little box from Time Tunnel, and a bigger one from Asiatees:

DSC04968_zpsh0lhyqwz.jpg

They contained these:

DSC04969_zpsq7sf4qgj.jpg

Some genuine Tamiya steel 0.8 module pinions to replace the RW 32DP ones in our DTs, plus all that is required to turn this:

Cars%20035_zpsvzjonztv.jpg

...Into something resembling this:

mercedes-sls-amg-gt3-fujimi-mini-team-24

Watch out for a (re)build thread coming to you soon, live from our diningroom table! :)

• Like 1

A servo and some turnbuckles for my Dark Impact kit, and some 4mm ball connectors and a set of Thorp ball sockets for my Sand Scorcher.

6-29-15%20todays%20haul%201280x960.jpg

Woo :)

OaQFunV.jpg

Wow. Always wanted a set of those wheels, never had the money. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I was going to buy a set to reconfigure a Tl 01-b into s TL01.. but have decided to reconfigure the TL01-B into a Blitzer style unit for my Misses.... rather than buy a whole new buggy I've ordered a sandscorcher body and some decals.... probably change my mind in a minute. As I often do.

Wow. Always wanted a set of those wheels, never had the money. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

They were £59 posted off eBay. I have been searching just over a year to find a set. Once they came up i had to bite the bullet!

Worth it in my opinion. What is the part number? I'll add it to a saved eBay search...

Tamiya #53131 ^_^

Number 8 (Thats if my other C.O.N.R.A.D. 2.4.0.8.2.6 is the 7th) :)

upload_-1.jpg

• Like 5

Lol^^^^

Nothing today...rats. I hate waiting for parts from overseas :(

After taking delivery of some servos, receivers, and an ESC/motor pairing, I took in two sets of Honda City Turbo tires. Nothing quite drives like one of those cars on fresh Advan HFs... And I may procure one for my Lancia if need be!

Alloy driveshaft, bearings, ESC and alloy motor mount for my top force, I was going to post a picture but I cannot top a CONRAD

Traxxas ET-3S ESC, flashed with Castle MMP firmware

8e3d6de8b57f46dcc0104444caee061c.jpg

And a big motor for a new project

0b17c9eb9f7cf1f5278bcb902b7e3e79.jpg

• Like 1

Number 8 (Thats if my other C.O.N.R.A.D. 2.4.0.8.2.6 is the 7th) :)

upload_-1.jpg

Lol where did you find it?

Received a no name Esc for my 53 ford tt01, an auxiliary battery box for Willy and a shifter plate for my Tundra. e59bf5855c84d97beadc053da1a89600.jpg

Nothing Tamiya today. I got a 3/8" nut driver for the hub nuts on my sons Losi XXX SCT. Stupid truck uses Imperial bits. Grrrrr... Everything I have is metric!

I also got an RPM receiver box. His SCT just has a bare Spekrum Rx looking all vulnerable in that big tub. This Rx box is intended from some Associated vehicle or another. It has had two mounting posts molded into the underside of the bottom. Mr Dremel made short work of that. It should tape into his tub quite nicely now. It's not 100% waterproof but it'll keep the majority of the dust and any splash water off the Rx.

Lastly is a pack of Losi captured ball ends for the "loaner" Arrma Fury SCT. Like I said in other posts. Much to my chagrin, SCT and 1/8th eBuggy are by far the most popular classed in this area.

07.01.2015-14.11.png

I feel your pain on this. Our road track guys meet the end of each month and they are a serious bunch...we had a really nice indoor SCT track but the guy fell out with the landlord and list his lease. Boo.. I would see a few buggies there but nothing serious the odd bandit etc.. I'm gonna try my hand at the road car racing and see how we do but I'm more into parking lot donuts than race tracks. Lol.

More bits for my bashers. Been a while since I bought something Tamiya...

20150702_172243_zpsev3meodr.jpg