backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Do love it when they sned a kit in the outer tamiya logo boxes to, that looks bruiser size? lol

Today I received a set of Astute decals for my soon to arrive Astute project :) and also a Trinity Green Machine 3 Pro motor (I got cheap) used to run one years ago in the stock class racing and it was an insanely fast motor for a 27turn stock motor. The label reads 30625RPM @7.2v :)

James

:)

Nothing. Placed an order with Modelsport for parts that were "in stock". Got an email to say they're on backorder. Annoyed.

Just got home, this is what it was - I may have accidentally on purpose fell over and landed on the 'add to cart' button.

F0755FDC-4032-4BA5-A578-01B9BC44A383_zps

I've wanted a Bullhead ever since they were first released 25 odd years ago - back then I had to settle for the little toy version, but no more :)

Can't wait to get building this, and as a bonus the missus actually thinks it's cool.

• Like 7

Bullhead! Woo hoo. My childhood rc along with my avante. Love it! B)

• Like 1

Just got home, this is what it was - I may have accidentally on purpose fell over and landed on the 'add to cart' button.

I've wanted a Bullhead ever since they were first released 25 odd years ago - back then I had to settle for the little toy version, but no more :)

Can't wait to get building this, and as a bonus the missus actually thinks it's cool.

Look here, it's awfully mean of you to post this right after I've just bought an egress and will have to lay low on my purchases for fear of being killed by the wife.

• Like 1

Look here, it's awfully mean of you to post this right after I've just bought an egress and will have to lay low on my purchases for fear of being killed by the wife.

I don't know Newsh, sounds to me like sayer is suffering from a little Bullhead envy...enjoy your egress Sayer. Or is it the fact his wife is cool with it..,
  • Like 1

Tamiya Kit #58111, original Mountaineer. New In Box. (Birthday gift to self).

Kit box damaged in shipping :angry:, angry I am. (Not visible in photo).

Punishment maybe for slipping by customs with no duties ?!

So, what have you received in the post today ?

img7434_27062015001614_3.jpg

• Like 5

I'm gonna have to give a huge shout out to both Jazhobby, an Ebay seller from Hong Kong and Modellbau-Seidel in Germany for this pair of beauties. Both received in the UK in well under a week from date of purchase.

11825816_10153097473371158_1909567187478

• Like 2

Awesome prefer bullhead to clod to, so remember seeing that box in beatties when about 10 lol, now it's been re-re to, then I want an egress to !!

Yeah sorry Sayer, no sympathy from me either!

I love the Bullhead boxart :wub:

I have so much want for this but I keep buying other kits instead! Beautiful purchase, bring on the build thread and all the Bullhead haters!

• Like 2

E9DA9917-6731-46C1-9956-68E21C2D59FA_zps

Something old and something new[emoji3] thanks Tamico

How about a DT-03 in hornet colours? Seeing both together I can see some similarities in the shape

4366d116fd1c8961328d755bc84f4e46.jpg

Less than $44 us delivered. Hopefully more goodies tomorrow, I've taken 4 days off to spend with the family...trip cancelled but still having a staycation. Stuff to do after the kids go to bed and before the wife finishes reading her smutty novels. Lol.

Screw Bag B. I thought I had loads of spares in my stash but strangely not. Now I can finish my Lunchbox shell.

How about a DT-03 in hornet colours? Seeing both together I can see some similarities in the shape

I am still thinking what colour to do, so it can go on the list :)

Lots of little bits!

A bag of M3 Flanged nuts

A bag of M3 Screws

A "C Parts" Sprue for a 58036

The "E Parts" for a 58063

A no-name ESC

An FS-GT3B Transmitter & Receiver

Some 6mm Tamiya Masking tape in a dispenser

A couple of bags of Core RC Metallic Purple body clips

And finally....Some spring mounts!

Nothing large but all bits to keep me ticking along

• Like 1

Asiatees order came in, a new drive shaft for the ta02sw, Full Bearing Kit AND Some tamiya 6MM tape. And in other news 1 of the 2 sets of tl01 dog bones for my Hot rod 53 ford truck. Now I will have a basher and a blinger!2ac784284a91fc15c292fa35cccfe2b1.jpg08c1b26f50212a90ba58cb3f9aff6690.jpg

Courtesy of fellow forumite Butler:

DSC05038_zpswuh8dzw4.jpg

This is my first FF-03, and initial impressions are very positive. There are plenty of fibre-reinforced plastics, turnbuckles, ball connectors, etc, and not a step screw or plastic bushing in sight!

The FF-01 was a close sibling of the TA-02, but its successor the FF-02 was basically a widened and lengthened M-03, more closely related to a TL-01 than any of the TA series of cars. However with the FF-03, the race-oriented TA feel is firmly back in place.

Plans include a Savox digital servo, Speed Passion 10.5t sensored brushless motor on a TBLE-02, Spektrum 2.4GHz RX and a Civic Type R bodyshell.

• Like 4

Two pairs of foam tyre inserts for my Unimog. I've really got no excuses now for not starting the build...