backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A yeah racing aluminium/ aluminum, motor mount for my Ta02 sw Porsche

A pair of GMade R1 chassis sides from RCMart for a home brew rock crawler project that's been tickling my brain for a while [emoji6]

a828429764a2d75aee13bd8ee061b277.jpg

Only £6.53 incl p&p and took 6 days to get here! [emoji12]

• Like 1

Two new pairs of Egress rear high caps and a ***** Top Force Shell, I'll save the pics for a build thread soon

26mm vintage hpi chrome 5 spoke rims for the front, 31mm of the same for the rear, and 2 sets of Tl01 tie rods for my 53 ford pick up also the second pair of dog bones arrived. Time to make it 4wd again... its a bit squirly rwd only..

Anyone watch Roadkill on YouTube? Love that show so much that I wanted to buy one of their t-shirts... $25 plus $20 postage so £28 - knew I would get hit with import charges but they were £26.94 :( That's one expensive t-shirt! I think that's one of the most expensive items of clothing I have ever bought lol Thankfully its a good quality shirt and at those prices I am unlikely to see anyone else wearing one LOL!

40 years birthday present from the wife. Nice timing with a 40 year Tamiya anniversary rere :)

tamiya-hornet-black-metallic-edition_zps

• Like 4

Yeah sorry Sayer, no sympathy from me either!

I love the Bullhead boxart :wub:

The Bullhead is the only one I don't have, but with a clod,txt,tlt,jugg2 and wheely king already taking up space we barely have, bringing one of those in would take one heck of an explanation.

• Like 1

I got this in a random trade on Facebook. Just happened to spot it for sale (with two other hummers), been wanting a hummer for ages so I dived in quick and got this one. It turned out it's not just a Tamiya Hummer, it's got a custom chassis too. Interesting, as I'd been planning a custom chassis TA02T for ages but was going to do it a totally different way. I'll be interested to see what sort of performance this gives as it is and what improvements can be made.

IMG_20150806_131959644_zpss5kvafnl.jpg

IMG_20150806_132036276_zpsrdpznbse.jpg

I've already swapped out those white beadlocks for some used Tamiya Hummer wheels and more scale-correct tyres (not Tamiya). Later I'll try to throw in a receiver and servo and see how well it drives.

This is one for the future, as I'm snowed under right now, but I've got the following in mind:

Floorpan and simple custom interior

Slightly shortened wheelbase (it's very slightly too long at the mo)

Possible narrowed track (using regular touring arms) for better scale tuck and less arch rubbing

Replacing some of the metal bracketry underneath

Hi-torque, low-speed motor for better crawls

Maybe some external scale details

Project thread will follow when I eventually get around to this one :)

The Bullhead is the only one I don't have, but with a clod,txt,tlt,jugg2 and wheely king already taking up space we barely have, bringing one of those in would take one heck of an explanation.

Sorry all I heard was "The Bullhead is the last Monster truck I want and I mistakenly bought an Egress that takes up valuable Bullhead footprint and now I cant back pedal"...

I am sure the wife doesn't buy an outfit and forget the shoes, the bullhead is to complete the package.

Whats a few nights on the couch with no meals and an evil stare when you start building it on the dining room table...

• Like 5

A re-re Hotshot off ebay, , fuly ballraced and converted to 12mm hex.

94306d1d7c0c7b0352026517fac0fbe9.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great! Are you going to put it back to original, or keep it modern? If the latter, the alloy slimline bumper and front stabiliser supports from Radshape would look very much at home on it.

Actually, I will keep it modern, adding lots of different mods like CVDs, new chassis design, 4 shocks, longer wheelbase nd a few other ideas I have.
Not sure it will ever run, but it will keep me busy for the next few months :)

And thanks for the suggestion, at least the bumper will make it into the shopping cart very soon :)

Sorry all I heard was "The Bullhead is the last Monster truck I want and I mistakenly bought an Egress that takes up valuable Bullhead footprint and now I cant back pedal"...

I am sure the wife doesn't buy an outfit and forget the shoes, the bullhead is to complete the package.

Whats a few nights on the couch with no meals and an evil stare when you start building it on the dining room table...

There's also a Double Dare I forgot to mention, but it doesn't matter because I just watched a video in the Bullhead re re thread where someone extended a stock clod chassis by 30mm and made a truck with a pretty wicked stance - and spare hack up-able clod chassis are like $12 on the bay.

Few bits for various cars, M-03, TL-01 and DF-02 are all catered for here. I love it when loads of parts appear at once!

11828565_10153117278456158_1087473824895

Ok so it came a couple of days ago (and it's Sunday).

I have been after one for a while now. I had exactly the same one as a child. Bought for me as I was hospital bound for a week at the age of 4 having my tonsils out (1981).

I remember my dad bringing it into me in the ward and me being the envy of all the other kids.

Prices on eBay have been insane but this one turned up local (Germany) for £25 buy it now. I snapped it up.

image.jpg1.jpg

• Like 5

Ok so it came a couple of days ago (and it's Sunday).

I have been after one for a while now. I had exactly the same one as a child. Bought for me as I was hospital bound for a week at the age of 4 having my tonsils out (1981).

I remember my dad bringing it into me in the ward and me being the envy of all the other kids.

Prices on eBay have been insane but this one turned up local (Germany) for £25 buy it now. I snapped it up.image.jpg1.jpg

I'm really sure I had one of these back in the day.

Did they come in any other colours?

I'm really sure I had one of these back in the day.

Did they come in any other colours?

I dont know...I have only ever seen Silver (which is like a metal flake and quite a unique colour).

In Germany they know them as Dickie but mine was Taiyo (it was the UK) and although this is a German model (it has a Dickie sticker on the underside) its branded Taiyo.

A quick google search shows silver and a white police version.

A new Brushless 9t 4370KV combo :)

Not sure which Tamiya its going into but I think its going in my Brat

IMG_0951_zpsopo37xaf.jpg