backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

My first post here!

This is what arrived today!4246fd9f19370eb9194e397277a28b46.jpg

Ooooh, that needs a build thread!

Oh, and welcome by the way! :D

Arrived this morning from Shapeways. 2 Wild Willy 2 girls and 2 sets of shovels and axes for 2 Wild Wendy 2 cars I'm very slowly putting together. These are from magic2002 who I believe is known as 'Johan' here on TC.

P_20150812_110000_zpskd3unkgs.jpg

Arrived this morning from Shapeways. 2 Wild Willy 2 girls and 2 sets of shovels and axes for 2 Wild Wendy 2 cars I'm very slowly putting together. These are from magic2002 who I believe is known as 'Johan' here on TC.

P_20150812_110000_zpskd3unkgs.jpg

:lol: wild willy 2 girls ? i don't think they maybe girls M8 :lol: .

My first post here!

This is what arrived today!4246fd9f19370eb9194e397277a28b46.jpg

Where did you get that from?

The postman didn't bring me anything : (

But I did go to B & Q and buy some R/C related items... brush cleaner, sealant and epoxy glue.

:lol: wild willy 2 girls ? i don't think they maybe girls M8 :lol: .

AAARRRGGGGHHHH! B1@@dy Autocorrect! :angry: However, they are both going to be Wild Wendys rather than Wild Willys so maybe....

• Like 1

Today I received a tamiya 1983 guide book :), still a few more I'm looking for.

Chris

After a recent parcel going missing in the post I decided to cheer myself up a bit and went a wee bit mad on Ebay. So all this turned up today in 1 big box and a small jiffy bag (RC Bearing bearing set) :)

gallery_16696_3981_450.jpg

gallery_16696_3981_141883.jpg

Its the wheels and tyres that made me jump at the Buy it now button, both front and rear tyres are like brand new :) , alot of the parts are either new or almost new and everything is in pretty fantastic condition. This is going to be a hybrid Astute with Madcap parts :)

James

:)

• Like 3

Today I received my long-awaited Tamiya JIS screwdriver! :D

Up to now I have been using a JIS bit in a magnetic driver handle, but this is a bit wide for some difficult-to-reach screws. The Tamiya screwdriver should reach them all.

• Like 1

Yay more stuff this time from Stella, turnbuckles for mf-01 and others, alloy bits for tamtech GT-01, ball ends and threaded ball things lol. turnbuckle wrench. CA glue. Part case things and bearings GT-01!

no customs to!

After a recent parcel going missing in the post I decided to cheer myself up a bit and went a wee bit mad on Ebay. So all this turned up today in 1 big box and a small jiffy bag (RC Bearing bearing set) :)

gallery_16696_3981_450.jpg

gallery_16696_3981_141883.jpg

Its the wheels and tyres that made me jump at the Buy it now button, both front and rear tyres are like brand new :) , alot of the parts are either new or almost new and everything is in pretty fantastic condition. This is going to be a hybrid Astute with Madcap parts :)

James

Really like the look of the astute, but I can't get over the feeling that it would snap immediately in two with nothing more than a stern look.

Yes they are very fragile. But that's where the Madcap parts come in :) Alot less complicated and much stronger. This will be a very light runner and also shelf duty in my living room :)

James

A new bit for my soldering iron, to replace the scabby 20-year-old one that made last weekend's LED-fitting frenzy so difficult. What is it they say about a bad workman and his tools ?...

Postman brought me a "Blast(er) from the past" :) I`ll restore it.

img_20150814_11002016onsbh.jpg

Great score. Saw this one on Ebay, but he only wanted to ship to Germany, so couldn't bid :(

• Like 1

Got too many things on at the moment, might put this on the back-burner

15mfiog.jpg

A lot of interesting packages have been arriving at our house lately, many bearing labels from places like Tamico, Modelsport and Time Tunnel. However they have all been disappearing into my wife's wardrobe, from which I have been banned until after my birthday on the 28th. I wonder what is in them...? :D

• Like 2

Hi,

Got this nice package today.

The ARROWMAX shock pliers are fantastic.

img39372_14082015173636_1.jpg
  • Like 5

Today I received my long-awaited Tamiya JIS screwdriver! :D

Up to now I have been using a JIS bit in a magnetic driver handle, but this is a bit wide for some difficult-to-reach screws. The Tamiya screwdriver should reach them all.

I drew that conclusion too :D Good purchase

df0ceb91ae1e452f1aaebef5aaed2e08.jpg

Banzai come up trumps again.

£214 with the PayPal conversion scam and ....

8bf593ee55972b371113b083a9981229.jpg

So £270 to my door, not cheap but a lot cheaper than anywhere else I could find. Need to hide it now and forget about the cost while I buy the hop-ups it "needs"

• Like 5