backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Fnar,

med_gallery_28308_3756_1314695.jpg

That's a helluva big aero! Thanks to whoever it was that put the boxart files up here a little while ago.

Cheers

Nito

Wicked which paper/card did you use to print them on? and did you print them 1:1?

Upgrade for the ESC in my Buggy Champ so it can run a 15t, and some more receivers for my two in progress projects

IMG_1775.jpg

• Like 1

P1030592_zpsnbljsgni.jpg

So happy with this.Bought it on Ebay. I'll upgrade it and will buy a new shell. Right now suspension feels very soft but overall it is in good condition. Run it and it was fast. Can't see what motor it has. Will come when I clean it.

• Like 3

Lee,

Jessops satin photo paper. Just printed it straight out but had to untick fit to page as although it looked ok on the preview it actually cropped a bit off on the print so it was the next size down, think it was the 20x25cm picture option on the printer or something.

Regards

Nito

Upgrade for the ESC in my Buggy Champ so it can run a 15t, and some more receivers for my two in progress projects

IMG_1775.jpg

I was looking at these receivers just today. Really nice and compact with built in antenna. It says on data sheet http://www.stevewebb.co.uk/index.php?pid=PR304SBE&area=Radio that range is 70m best case. I don't know whether that is enough or not, can't really gauge that. Can you give any feedback?

Cheers

Nito

I was looking at these receivers just today. Really nice and compact with built in antenna. It says on data sheet http://www.stevewebb.co.uk/index.php?pid=PR304SBE&area=Radio that range is 70m best case. I don't know whether that is enough or not, can't really gauge that. Can you give any feedback?

Cheers

Nito

Ive not much basis for comparison, only being new back in to RC, but from what I've experienced I love them so far

I had a couple of buggies out on the beach in Cornwall a couple of weeks ago. With the tide out there was lots of room, and I got them far enough away it became hard sometimes to see which way they were facing. I wasn't trying to gauge the distance, but I was trying to see how far I was comfortable with them being away from me, and I got nervous before there was any stall from the radio. So yeah, I can believe 70m+ in good conditions.

I think I'm on my 3rd R304SB-E, along with the R304SB and the R2104GF that came with the 4PLS. I can see myself buying more as my rc family grows

• Like 1

Lee,

Jessops satin photo paper. Just printed it straight out but had to untick fit to page as although it looked ok on the preview it actually cropped a bit off on the print so it was the next size down, think it was the 20x25cm picture option on the printer or something.

Regards

Nito

Thanks will try this got some photo paper small sheets to for like 7x5" old school photo size, they look really cool!

• Like 1

Ive not much basis for comparison, only being new back in to RC, but from what I've experienced I love them so far

I had a couple of buggies out on the beach in Cornwall a couple of weeks ago. With the tide out there was lots of room, and I got them far enough away it became hard sometimes to see which way they were facing. I wasn't trying to gauge the distance, but I was trying to see how far I was comfortable with them being away from me, and I got nervous before there was any stall from the radio. So yeah, I can believe 70m+ in good conditions.

I think I'm on my 3rd R304SB-E, along with the R304SB and the R2104GF that came with the 4PLS. I can see myself buying more as my rc family grows

Thanks for the feedback. No point the range being any further than you can see it. With a 1:10 scale it's probably within the performance envelope of the receiver then. I have a similar problem with RC collection growing, I started buying the little Acoms receivers and running two cars off the same transmitter but I'm going to bite the bullet and get a new Futaba Radio and FHSS receivers start at about £35 at Steve Webb models so pretty ideal really.

Cheers

Nito

New set of original pumpkin decals for the newly resprayed shell, cant wait to finish work and stick them on

Oh they shipped paintcans abroad thats new, good for you.

Got this in the post, some staying here for my brat restoration and some heading over seas to a TC compadre8b5090f81680fb62e9f2d495d55499fa.jpg

• Like 2

Avante Body from RCmart, cheap as chips so chufed. will be nice for when the Avante BS is on the shelf, although colour scheme is unknown so far, anything will look better then how it looks now.

tyNY8An.jpg

as is now :/

hbqoWTa.jpg

• Like 2

Some masking supplies from Banzai:

banzai-masking.jpg

Period correct Acoms radios, the chrome one is from Taffer on here (thanks Scott!) and the other is NOS from eBay:

acoms-radios.jpg

The Alpha is for my King Blackfoot, the MkV I'll use the crystals and servos for my new built King Cab and the tx and rx for my restored one.

• Like 1

These two came on Saturday, well pleased to finally have a Hotshot

9EEC9466-50E8-42BD-9574-388A7D7304CA_zps

Well you are certainly getting your feet under the table now TM. You'll be at the magic 20 in no time.lol. you were warned. I say magic 20, because one minute you have 3 the next you have.....20

All sorts of things have been coming through my door over the past couple of weeks. These are some of the highlights.

History.

49860421598_fac43332a9_o.jpg

I love reading the old magazines. There's a few in that lot that I used to own. Why on Earth did I throw them away?

I used to own this too. An absolute treasure and I'm very glad to have a copy again. In very good condition. To the best of my knowledge RRCi never produced 2nd or 3rd decade issues.

49860420128_96788700b1_o.jpg

Up next is a Vanquish. I've wanted one of these for a long time, and getting hold of one that isn't too shabby that wouldn't cost the Earth was what I waited for.

49860426183_86cf18c27e_o.jpg

49861272687_0c51299ddb_o.jpg

A little worn here and there, and the body looks better in photos than in the flesh, but it's not a total disaster. I know it'll be the worst part to replace.

The only other problem with it so far is...

49860961561_766ba99c31_o.jpg

Of course, one of the rarest parts from the rarest of sprues :angry:. But a quick chat on IconicRC FB page had that sorted and a new shock tower arrived a few days later :). I also got new front gearbox pieces from Ebay.

Sonic Fighter and Striker body sets.

49861274357_b4cfda8008_o.jpg

These generated a bit of a bidding frenzy on Ebay thanks to an uncontrollable noob. (I hate Ebay noobs) But I really wanted these, especially the Striker one, so I wasn't going to let a noob win either of them. There is a way to thwart a noob!

Last but not least, and a total shocker... :wub:

49860821811_6381a0ee94_o.jpg

This appeared on Ebay, from Italy with an insanely low buy now price, including postage. It's a full body kit, undercowl, wing and TTC cover. New old stock, I guess. Colour me chuffed. :wub:

• Like 4

Well you are certainly getting your feet under the table now TM. You'll be at the magic 20 in no time.lol. you were warned. I say magic 20, because one minute you have 3 the next you have.....20

thanks dojo Dave

I think I need to do less buying and more building😀. The hotshot was the kit I had to have and the Durga a nice to have in the end they both became must haves😀. I am watching your brat topic with interest as that is another car in my sights👍

Oh what could it be......e2c5af53defba6b6ab0dacb7f980716f.jpgtada, awesomeness 68876e1a38cc776602fb2c9b077ad7ff.jpg

Got to work and this little bundle was waiting for me. 600ccfd734de5e9676ac4a53a05b6ca1.jpg

• Like 3

Dyna Storm turnbuckle shaft bag. Ordered from Europro975 yesterday :)