backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Picked up today from a local Ebay Seller. I could not resist. A funny special model and rare.

img_20150921_203710wcp54.jpg

I had one of these for a short time. It had to go as it just looked a bit goofy with the oversized wheels and tyres. Pretty rare though.

After reading some good build threads, I couldn't resist any longer :wub:

IMG_1805.jpg

Just got to see if I can hide these from myself in the roof, to spread the joy out over October/November :)

• Like 2

After all the diamonds and pearls that have come through my door in the past couple of weeks, today I got...

49861247437_4d1c703ee6_o.jpg

RC life'sĀ little essentials

• Like 1

I'm skint for another month but not before ordering this baby...I'm pretty excited about this.

For too long I've struggled with finding suitable stick radios for my models, I liked the Acoms 2.4 sticks but they discontinued them. At about Ā£45 they were great value and quality. As a lifelong Futaba fan I have finally bitten the bullet and sorted out a radio for my ever growing collection. Although I already had a 7C, the FASST technology is being discontinued and the receivers are much dearer. For this radio, new receivers start at Ā£35 which is great as all my shelfers are also fully operational.

B8EA1D9D-F2D0-4677-BF84-25C284471166_zps

The 10J because I need a 3 position switch for the 3 speeders in the collection, the 6J doesn't have this and the new 4GRS which looks lovely won't control LED's how I'd like as I need at least 5 channels for that on a 3 speeder. The 8J is great but this was on a deal with a free extra receiver and 2 extra channels might come in handy one day.

Now I can shortly start building the Mountain Rider. The paint for that also arrived today so jobs on :)

I have lots of plans for this in the future including a 4ws dual esc equipped WT/R01 truck and a 4ws CR01!

• Like 2

I'm skint for another month but not before ordering this baby...I'm pretty excited about this.

For too long I've struggled with finding suitable stick radios for my models, I liked the Acoms 2.4 sticks but they discontinued them. At about Ā£45 they were great value and quality. As a lifelong Futaba fan I have finally bitten the bullet and sorted out a radio for my ever growing collection. Although I already had a 7C, the FASST technology is being discontinued and the receivers are much dearer. For this radio, new receivers start at Ā£35 which is great as all my shelfers are also fully operational.

The 10J because I need a 3 position switch for the 3 speeders in the collection, the 6J doesn't have this and the new 4GRS which looks lovely won't control LED's how I'd like as I need at least 5 channels for that on a 3 speeder. The 8J is great but this was on a deal with a free extra receiver and 2 extra channels might come in handy one day.

Now I can shortly start building the Mountain Rider. The paint for that also arrived today so jobs on :)

I have lots of plans for this in the future including a 4ws dual esc equipped WT/R01 truck and a 4ws CR01!

Looks very swish, all those switches and dials look very exciting!

Noobie question perhaps, but did you chose 'mode 1' specifically, or was that the deal that was on?

• Like 1

Got some much awaited screws today, finally .

20150922_203134_zps3mqghrdw.jpg

Where'd you get those?

Looks very swish, all those switches and dials look very exciting!

Noobie question perhaps, but did you chose 'mode 1' specifically, or was that the deal that was on?

Mode 1 specifically, this keeps left hand stick spring loaded and right hand on the ratchet (I believe planes run in this configuration). My 7C was factory set at mode 2 (for Helis) so I had to swap the ratchet over from the left stick to the other side for the Bruiser. It's a 10 minute job and a bit fiddly but the manual shows you how to do it if need be,

Mode 1 specifically, this keeps left hand stick spring loaded and right hand on the ratchet (I believe planes run in this configuration). My 7C was factory set at mode 2 (for Helis) so I had to swap the ratchet over from the left stick to the other side for the Bruiser. It's a 10 minute job and a bit fiddly but the manual shows you how to do it if need be,

Nice - that's a much simpler explanation that I was getting out of the internet :D

I'd be tempted, but my field of R304SB-Es aren't compatible :(

Yes it's a pity that. Fortunately for me the 6ch R2006GS is only Ā£35. I think Futaba deliberately distinguish the air from the surface receivers probably on safety grounds in case anyone tried to fly an aircraft with a surface receiver. That said, you can use air receivers with a surface transmitter, so it would be interesting to know if even though they don't list your receivers as compatible, whether if in practice they might actually work?!

The ones you have would work with the T4GRS which looks a cracking radio, it also has a 3 position switch great for 3 speeders. I like to run the lights and indicators of the receiver signal thus taking up 2 channels on their own, combined with esc, steering and gbox that would make 5ch minimum, otherwise I possibly would have gone with that.

Hardened pinion arrived,to make a "five stars" hardened slipper shaft rep for my newly purchased dark impact from Sandster.

DSC_0314.jpg

My Orlandoo has arrived :)

990ef045517340c1f35b346d785edc15.jpg

Looks pretty neat tiny where did you get from? can you buy all electrics as a set with car to?

Looks pretty neat tiny where did you get from? can you buy all electrics as a set with car to?

Got it from Banggood and they have all electronics too

NON Rc related, but chuffed its arrived, means i can hopefully start my 1:1 upgrades :)

z5RsGEk.jpg

So it's experiment time these arrived today c67388348f562e42d66a1c19b3e2ad7d.jpg3mm thick 200mm x 300mm

2 sheets. I think an SRB chassis plate to run my Ranger and perhaps a TA02 u per and lower maybe some shock towers for hmmm. Decisions decisions.

• Like 1