backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I know what you mean, I keep telling my self no more this year then another one appears in the post I have been looking at some of your threads and it looks like we are after the same model next, a wild one?

My Wild one is arriving mid to late November. Lol. Care of RC mart made a shipping cost mistake. $126... delivered. Woohoo. Couldn't resist. Went back for a second one and they were 190

Double team delivery today

IMG_2138.jpg

This was meant to keep me busy for the months to come.

How I'm going to explain tomorrow's Ebay discount buy, I'm not sure :D

• Like 2

My Wild one is arriving mid to late November. Lol. Care of RC mart made a shipping cost mistake. $126... delivered. Woohoo. Couldn't resist. Went back for a second one and they were 190

That's a very good price, definitely my next buy but I need to start building and stop buying😀

Are you going box art?

The Amarok will be built next ready for any snow we may get, need to do some research on waterproof electrics and I still need to finish my box art hotshot body.

need to do some research on waterproof electrics .

Assuming you run brushed, Quicrun 1060 works a charm in wet conditions, servo put some wp grease in the right places and a balloon around the receiver and of you go.

That's a very good price, definitely my next buy but I need to start building and stop buying

Are you going box art?

The Amarok will be built next ready for any snow we may get, need to do some research on waterproof electrics and I still need to finish my box art hotshot body.

Traxxas do a nice waterproof esc xl5, and their blue servos are waterproof. Decent quality. Not sure if I'm going box art. I like it in silver.

Assuming you run brushed, Quicrun 1060 works a charm in wet conditions, servo put some wp grease in the right places and a balloon around the receiver and of you go.

I am running brushed to start with so the quicrun sounds the best option and it seems very popular on the forum.

Traxxas do a nice waterproof esc xl5, and their blue servos are waterproof. Decent quality. Not sure if I'm going box art. I like it in silver.

Are the traxxas spares easy to get hold of in the UK? Silver will look good, I did think about gunmetal grey for when I get mine.

• Like 1

My first post in this thread, so I hope this one is worthwhile.

Today I received what I believe to be an early version TA04 R and then some (not the later one with SSG bits), or a heavily hopped up chassis. Either way I think the eBay gods were smiling upon me when I saw this pop up.

She's in need of a full tear down rebuild and a few bits and bobs to make it complete, but there's a lot of meat left on these old bones for sure.

50946c918255c885ae1e941680ea59e0.jpg

4ed46eae66d9c3729c4b11cadb26e106.jpg

39057730bca25c679282b24ea3f83b39.jpg

Had it delivered to my work, so needless to say: I'm having a great day.

I am running brushed to start with so the quicrun sounds the best option and it seems very popular on the forum.

Are the traxxas spares easy to get hold of in the UK? Silver will look good, I did think about gunmetal grey for when I get mine.

Pm in the box reference deal on Wild one.

I thought I'd got my kits for the winter, but @Wez-Li saw to that with his Ebay discount tip off.

One more off the wish list :)

IMG_2146.jpg

• Like 6

fbd8a3eb09634746a34f76fd255ddabe.jpg

Ok so it is not Tamiya and it is RTR so I feel a little dirty but they get good reviews for the cash and I think I want to crawl a lot more.

Flooded eBay with rare Czechoslovakian motorcycle parts and this was my first days takings. If the rest of the month does well I will maybe treat myself again...

• Like 1

Radshape just released a kit to convert the Maverick Scout into a scaler if you ever fancied doing so. Just add scale body!

I always fancy a bit of crawling around this time of year, must get mine up and running.

• Like 1

Radshape just released a kit to convert the Maverick Scout into a scaler if you ever fancied doing so. Just add scale body!

I always fancy a bit of crawling around this time of year, must get mine up and running.

I have seen that but an extra £75 and an body is getting close to CR-01 money.

This is true I suppose. I've always wanted to use one of those Chinese Jeep bodies with interior. On offer at the moment on asiatees too.

Monster Beetle Kit arrived today :)

Great service from Fusion Hobbies

With all the recent pics and info on the MB, I had to have one

• Like 1

My Kawada wheels and drift tyres arrived today at long last. The offset and diameter is perfect - here they are with my shelfer bodyshell - I'm yet to decide on a colour for my runner shell (also an mx5 Roadster) but I'm currently leaning towards bright red?

DSC_0320.jpg

fbd8a3eb09634746a34f76fd255ddabe.jpg

Ok so it is not Tamiya and it is RTR so I feel a little dirty but they get good reviews for the cash and I think I want to crawl a lot more.

Flooded eBay with rare Czechoslovakian motorcycle parts and this was my first days takings. If the rest of the month does well I will maybe treat myself again...

They are fantastic nobbi. I bought one after reading all the great reviews after wanting to get into the crawler/scaler world with spending little money. There are loads of great free upgrades that you can do which I've carried out on mine. I've also fit a more scale looking body with accessories and a lighting kit. Plus a lot of the axial parts are interchangeable so you have access to some great upgrades.

Here's a picture of my maverick scout with performance upgrades carried out and a more scale looking body fitted and accessories etc...

20150821_195615_zpstwoctdcg.jpg

Here's my build thread showing some of the mods I've done. Theyre never finished though are they! Lol

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77246&hl=%2Bmaverick+%2Bscout+%2Bbuild

Have they! :) I'll check it out now.

They are fantastic nobbi. I bought one after reading all the great reviews after wanting to get into the crawler/scaler world with spending little money. There are loads of great free upgrades that you can do which I've carried out on mine. I've also fit a more scale looking body with accessories and a lighting kit. Plus a lot of the axial parts are interchangeable so you have access to some great upgrades.

Here's a picture of my maverick scout with performance upgrades carried out and a more scale looking body fitted and accessories etc...

20150821_195615_zpstwoctdcg.jpg

Have they! :) I'll check it out now.

Needs more steering lock. Tempted to sell off the NIMh and radio gear and use what I have in stock. Thinking 4WS for a start...

Yes I think 4ws would be great. The rear basically replicates the front so you would just need a servo etc. I think mr crispy recently made his 4ws. I think you can shave some of the plastic off the steering knuckles which gives you more lock also. Its in my build thread. I can't take credit for any of the mods I've done in it. It's stuff I found around the net. Oh, except for re using the battery/servo tray to reposition them lower down to reduce the COG.

Hi chris. I bought mine from modelsport. It was about £120.

RHD dash for my Scania, same seller (ordered Scania dash before MAN one turned up).

20151030_190515_zpsbw73po4q.jpg

This is going to be a gift for my son

You're giving him the orange pumpkin and keeping the black one for yourself, right?

• Like 3