backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

HOW MUCH FOR THE DOG?

7543d732f6cb0b28631d231b1e5fa6c2.jpg

For Looneytunes? The sweetest little rescue dog in the known universe? Not for all the tea in China, sir. Besides, you don't know how to do the belly rubs right. (It can't be taught; you just have to know.)

• Like 1

For Looneytunes? The sweetest little rescue dog in the known universe? Not for all the tea in China, sir. Besides, you don't know how to do the belly rubs right. (It can't be taught; you just have to know.)

Is there a "dogs of Tamiyaclub" thread? If not. Why not? :)

• Like 1

Some hop ups for my GF01; Dampers especially to replace what I discovered were non matching pairs of Absima shocks.

IMG_2406.jpg

• Like 3

Is there a "dogs of Tamiyaclub" thread? If not. Why not? :)

I concur! But someone else start it - I've been starting too many threads lately...

Behold - my romulan basset hound Chloe...

6701990731_a31fc92627_o.png

FULL DISCLOSURE: traces of her mutant DNA are almost certainly present in some of your homes. Don't Panic!

Today mister UPS deliveryman had been on a visit while i was on work. Only two packages missing, from shapeways, before i have all the parts for the sand rail.

20151211_165327_zpspunzgiyd.jpg

• Like 1

Frog and Grasshopper From Tamico. MST adjustable offset wheels for my 49400 934 also from Tamico. 2x Lightly Tuned motors from Banzai, plus some other bits I'd been hunting for a while.

Bruiser bag E from JC-RC, needed for the Bruiser shell for my Mountain Rider. None of the usual places had it (Seidel, Tamico etc) and the only place that did have it (F&M Hobbies) wanted $50 shipped. This was $9 shipped from Jason!

Clod stickers from Grumpy Pants on here. I've got the white wheels so my Super Clod will be done in the 1987 box art when I paint it.

I'd been after a modern Tamiya branded battery for some time, just to look nice in photos rather than to run, but they are hard to find in the UK (I don't think they are / were imported) and looking on eBay is a pain as every compatible battery shows up when you search for "Tamiya battery", even if you select Tamiya as the brand. I found this one from Toy Shop Japan on Amazon and it was only £13 delivered from Japan, very happy with that!

This one is the 55085 "1300mAh Custom Pack" which is shown on the box art for the recent TT-02R and TT-02D Type S chassis kits I have.

tamico-11-dec-15.jpg

• Like 4

There is a ebay.UK seller that keeps putting up brand new tamiya 1400SCR packs. Keep an eye out for those.

m9knotvn1Es0NsLgZy5Rk2Q.jpg

There is a ebay.UK seller that keeps putting up brand new tamiya 1400SCR packs. Keep an eye out for those.

m9knotvn1Es0NsLgZy5Rk2Q.jpg

One step ahead ;)

Some nice vintage parts:

vintageparts-nov-15.jpg

Banzai Black Friday haul. No idea if the motors are any good but they were pennies. The brushless was also stupidly cheap so that can go in the boys Blackfoot, 17.5t on LiPo should be silver an performance?

If the 23t are not timed then they can go in the dual hunter with the new E-savage speed controller. I wanted a few of the controllers at a tenner each but this was the last one in stock :-(

The 50t motors were for the boys car but he proved himself on silvercans so they can join the spares box.

d5692d285c3c0cd71ff9d531a931741a_zpsvs1o

I got these two from Ebay auctions. Since it was the same seller, I managed to get combined shipping

This project might be a Ford Ranger or a special Sand Rover, let's see

23446484550_541a1bc24e_c.jpg

This will be completely restored into a proper Rough Rider

23742198835_29672bedc3_c.jpg

23633983452_a6328fe008_c.jpg

• Like 1

Cool, Modelsport delivery this morning.

Check out the teeny Futaba receivers with diddy aerials. They are £29.99, it'll be interesting to see if they go out of range, they are park flyer receivers, range of 300m apparently which should be good enough for surface. Also got some wire/connectors/heat shrink that I can test my soldering iron on to make a loom up for my single battery dual esc 4x4x4 build. Some RW pinions for my Brushless WT/R01's and some screws for the lower joints of the Gmade shocks to wishbones of the WT's.

medium.566eb007bca67_MSorder.jpeg.74a174

Two lots of clear blue shock cylinders 84225 courtesy of stellamodels. I have an M03R on the shelf which should have these as standard but I foolishly pinched them for a TA05 clear blue project which I subsequently sold :( I now value the importance of originality and will be fitting these over the coming days - when the damper rods arrive that is.

DSC_0415.jpg

• Like 1

so, Tamico's daily deals tempted me in. As I stare longingly at the sealed box, I can see how folks get in to collecting sealed NIB kits! :lol:

The rest of the haul is various bits and bobs - hop ups for a CC01 that I don't have, screws for my XV01 to fit the rally parts. Finally an E-Clip too, hopefully to end the episodes of the clip flying across the room as I try to fit them with mini pliers.

IMG_2432.jpg

Thank's too TC member Fried Tyres for these goodies .

9d5e6c91fc3ec1fbc0d9a6ec31b3ed04_zpsh4wk

• Like 1

postie dropped off a new unimog cc01 for me yesterday, no I must wrap it and put it under the Christmas tree for myself so my son thinks santa gave it to me. lol

postie dropped off a new unimog cc01 for me yesterday, no I must wrap it and put it under the Christmas tree for myself so my son thinks santa gave it to me. lol

You aren't the only one getting a CC-01 for Christmas from "Santa". Except mine is a Bronco body. Gratz! It's beginning to look a lot like a CChristmas. (see what I did there?) ROFL

Some parts for my CC-01 Christmas present. These'll just happen to be in my parts box so I can install it after Christmas. ")

12.16.2015-13.34.png

Something to work on during christmas holiday...

Nib vintage Super Champ body set to complete my vintage Chassis.

23996759cu.jpg

And another vintage Hotshot...

23996758xy.jpg

Yes - it is a Mk1 :wub:
23996760mr.jpg

All original Mk1 and still roof and body never used. Can't wait to start restoring.
23996761ad.jpg

• Like 7

3 parcels delivered to work from the postie today. :D

My Hotshot is finally here , an M06 chassis and some wheels/tyres for it for my next hybrid project. :ph34r:

I felt sorry for him as Adelaide was enjoying a sunny 42 degrees C (107.6 F) :blink:

IMG_2873_zpsbvtq9ixq.jpg

IMG_2875_zpsnl90mwyq.jpg

• Like 2

And another vintage Hotshot...

23996758xy.jpg

Yes - it is a Mk1 :wub:

23996760mr.jpg

All original Mk1 and still roof and body never used. Can't wait to start restoring.

You outbid me on that one. I was bidding on it thinking that it might have been a new build never driven given that the body was unpainted and the decals unused. Looks like it will clean up nice.

I knew it was not new build. I Could tell from the little wear of the tires of the auction pictures. But as no pictures from the underside were available it was gambling. There are scratches but nothing broken - that's important. All in all this is a good used true Mk1 which is important for me. It must not be new build. All those used models have a history and can tell stories. Even when they are restored they have had live in them and they made children or youth very happy back in the days when they were build and used to run.

• Like 2

c1eb56d451fcfce25b073012dd76fda5_zpsu7jw

Some servos for projects and a couple of shorty packs to play with.

• Like 1