backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

:wub:

IMG_20160227_241335702.jpg

Very nice, where from? And which chassis is it going on? :)

Wheels on a TF evo, body one of my DF01s

Lucky eBay score.

Have received the following this week:

• Complete F350 High Lift body set
  • Tamiya TEU-106BK dual motor esc
  • XtremeRC Juggernaut carbon fiber behind the axle steering sets (front & rear)
  • F350 clear windshield and interior set

All for my current Juggernaut restoration.

So, what has the Post brought you today ?

Got this message from my wife while I was at work :lol:

IMG_20160224_172717_zpspmlvvlrc.jpg

Came home to a box containing this...

IMG_20160224_175446_zpscfjcw8px.jpg

Thanks to TC member EddScott for an easy transaction.

:D

So nice!! Very jealous!!

• Like 1

I've been going a little crazy spending lately, in the last week I've had the following turn up:

-very tidy Striker

-a clean and complete 58044 Pajero

- 4 decal sheets

- nos hotshot gold wheels

- nos flacon rear tires

- 4 various Tamiya motors

And I'm waiting on a very clean looking monster racer from a fellow TC member

Good times!

• Like 1

Got this message from my wife while I was at work :lol:

IMG_20160224_172717_zpspmlvvlrc.jpg

Came home to a box containing this...

IMG_20160224_175446_zpscfjcw8px.jpg

Thanks to TC member EddScott for an easy transaction.

:D

Glad it arrived safely.

There was a TFE on JAUCE over the weekend. Considered a bid but final value was 41,000YEN. Shipping and taxes would have seen a landed price over £300.

• Like 1

Just a vintage Novak Explorer ESC today, only reason I bought it because it was cheap lol!

Dare say I'll find something that it'll either be period correct for or it'll be used in something newer which isn't fussy about electrics ;)

CRP 1622 - a pair of upgrade rear shock mounts for my Blackfoot resto-mod.

Got this:

Vintage Parma Tamiya Fox skid plate bumper #13205

and

Thorpe Dirt Burners 4588 Fox Dog Bone and Axle Kit

Now it's almost time to assamble the Novafox that is waiting in the box

It took a while for this part to arrive but the wait was well worth it. Hopefully my Bronco won't get hung up on roots and rocks out on the trail quite as much now.

03.01.2016-09.47.png

• Like 2

It took a while for this part to arrive but the wait was well worth it. Hopefully my Bronco won't get hung up on roots and rocks out on the trail quite as much now.

03.01.2016-09.47.png

Which rear links do you have ? Just wondering whether this will work as a later fitment if I decided to use the GPM rear links, or am I tied into Junfac Gmade ?

Which rear links do you have ? Just wondering whether this will work as a later fitment if I decided to use the GPM rear links, or am I tied into Junfac Gmade ?

I'm totally stock, but I'm pretty sure XVPilot has this same skid plate on his Mitsu which is equipped with hop-up rear links. If I remember correctly he did use the GPM kit.

03.01.2016-12.00.png

• Like 1

Thanks - still considering my options - the £100 CC-01 kit has already become ca £165 lol! with extra bits i've 'acquired'

Todays arrivals,,

M3 threaded rod

MF-01X bearing set

RC4WD sponsor decals

7mm carbon fibre tubing

Thanks - still considering my options - the £100 CC-01 kit has already become ca £165 lol! with extra bits i've 'acquired'

You can sink a lot of money into one thanks to all the hop-ups available for this chassis. There are only two more things I plan to do to this rig. 1) better shocks with the barrel springs and 2) a nicer front brush guard. The stock shocks are ok but I want some nice aluminum threaded body jobbers. I really dislike the stick brush guard up front. It looks too Grasshopper-ish and kind of ruins the scale appeal of the truck for me.

You can sink a lot of money into one thanks to all the hop-ups available for this chassis. There are only two more things I plan to do to this rig. 1) better shocks with the barrel springs and 2) a nicer front brush guard. The stock shocks are ok but I want some nice aluminum threaded body jobbers. I really dislike the stick brush guard up front. It looks too Grasshopper-ish and kind of ruins the scale appeal of the truck for me.

I have the Junfac front guard, and barrel springs ready for my build. Was tempted by the hop up alloy shocks but thought they were a bit bling in colour.

Small potatoes today....servo for the Blitzer., I've realised its Analogue and not digital-

image_17.jpeg

Small potatoes today....servo for the Blitzer., I've realised its Analogue and not digital-

image_17.jpeg

I wouldn't get overly concerned about analog - they're pretty good for the money ;)

with luck, your rear wheels should be with you by the weekend, posted yesterday :D

• Like 1

First two rc related purchases in a while:

Postie brought me this (don't worry it is rc related..):

20160302_172043_zpso6k5oydt.jpg

To go in this:

20160302_170343_zpsrkueq4sb.jpg

Now to go run along side a few Scania's lol

• Like 2

I wouldn't get overly concerned about analog - they're pretty good for the money ;)

with luck, your rear wheels should be with you by the weekend, posted yesterday :D

That's awesome Percymon, I'm just waiting on the pinion as well and then everything is here ready for reassembly.

Oh and then sometime!

I'm totally stock, but I'm pretty sure XVPilot has this same skid plate on his Mitsu which is equipped with hop-up rear links. If I remember correctly he did use the GPM kit.

03.01.2016-12.00.png

I used the Junfac link kit on my Pajero, but since the GPM links attach the same way at the chassis end, you shouldn't have any issues running GPM links and a Junfac skidplate.

CC01%20014_zpsgzzrdn0f.jpg

I really dislike the stick brush guard up front. It looks too Grasshopper-ish and kind of ruins the scale appeal of the truck for me.

There are quite a few brush guard options out there for the CC-01, some better than others. I'd steer clear of the Far Eastern sweatshop-brazed metal ones - a few members have tried them and found the fit to be very poor.

Shapeways have some well-designed ones, but they need a fair bit of work if you want to get rid of the grainy surface finish.

My favourite option is the Radshape steel one, which looks great combined with a narrowed Junfac alloy front bash plate.

o7q1_zpszxqp8poo.jpeg

Fit and finish are superb, and it isn't purely for show - it is strong enough to offer real protection to your front end.

• Like 2