backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Oh oh oh I need pictures of restoration project....pleeeeeease. I need to know I'm not the only WW freak lol

i will start a threat when restoration begins. at the moment the chassis us soaked in "tiger entfetter (=degreaser)" to get rid of the many layers of color that were put on the car (i did not like the style too much):

IMG_20160416_113744.jpg

should take about 2-3 weeks to completely wash away the paint...

btw. i got one tube of Tamiya 87095 Putty (White).

Some custom made dx6 shift gates from topforcein! Cheers again Tony! :D

• Like 1

Some M2 stainless screws - not the biggest arrival lol!

Yes! Thanks for the awesome price Tower Hobbies.20160415_200447_zpsamryhqzj.jpg

nice!, one day us in the UK who ordered in the UK might one day be able to have that great feeling!.....but just not yet because the importer's haven't finished playing darts with the date's when it might arrive!!!
  • Like 2

Today I received, the mother load.... a DF03 Dark Impact White edition equiped with castle sidewinder 3 brushless plus various hop up bling, and it DF03 RA complete with Hpi 350z body, a set of porsche gt2 wheels and tyres on it plus a mitsubishi rally body 2 sets of rally wheels with fresh rally block tyres and another patern. With shipping included for a bargain. Very happy boy. Anybody want to buy a Dark impact (Sorry castle motor and esc is coming out. Pm me if interested

Received a nice 1/12 Tamiya Mazda 787b nip bodyset for my Corally SP12M. Interestingly though the manual sheet for the bodyset interestingly is labelled "RC 1/10th Scale Body Set, No 18 LeMans 24 Hours 1991" strange considering its actually 1/12th scale (201mm wheelbase) Also seems to be some kind of molding defect on one side where a random line has appeared :( not too bothered as its going to be a runner, but still quite surprised tbh.

James

:)

A lexan Brat body delivered brand new for £14. Oh what to do with it, zombie end of world style, scaler type complete with rust/metal effect on inside and painted outside so it wears with a nice natural patina.....hmmm decisions decisions!!

• Like 1

A lexan Brat body delivered brand new for £14.

Is it bad I just checked on ebay to see about getting one,and the wife peers over my shoulder and says "that looks like one of those we moved in that box from the loft"

I thinking I need to do a stock take. 😮

• Like 1

These took some time to get to me . DF-03 shocks to put on Boomerang build i want to do , with hop up parts .

Plus a spear set ! ...

1a973c059d2048ada9b9b89693931eb9_zpsy1lp

• Like 3

Received this to replace my broken WT01 axle, hope it fits!!

medium.image.jpeg.651af79e6fb5389ba44032

These took some time to get to me . DF-03 shocks to put on Boomerang build i want to do , with hop up parts .

Plus a spear set ! ... 1a973c059d2048ada9b9b89693931eb9_zpsy1lp

I keep looking at these, but cant bring myself to spendingvthe money...
  • Like 1

Today I was the postman!

_57.jpg

I collected this en-route from one of my customers in London, saving on postage.

I'm going to re-visit the Jurassic Park Jeep project I did and do a proper job. The New Bright bodyshell is fine, but it's always bugged me that it could be 'better'

Would like it to be a light runner, but already eyeing-up transparent windows...

• Like 1

Associated 72t spur for my dn01. Rpm screw tray, hpi15t motor for my Aqroshot because my reedy radon in it constantly overheats. The hpi motor will allow me to mount the heat sink for the dt03 finally, hopefully it works. I can't get more than 15 mins otherwise of run time

I got this in the mail last week. It is a disassembled, but unmolested Bruiser transmission (some assembly required).

CD789B6B-963B-4F60-BF44-653D2888BBB2_zps

Harry

• Like 2

I keep looking at these, but cant bring myself to spendingvthe money...

I tell ya , it has taken me months to pull the trigger on these . But i'm sure it won't be long till i could not

get any , when i did want some . So this is why i did buy these two . I have left things & always going

to buy them later & When you want them, you can't find them or they are way over priced .

So if you want to get a set , just think about that :D ..

I got this in the mail last week. It is a disassembled, but unmolested Bruiser transmission (some assembly required).

CD789B6B-963B-4F60-BF44-653D2888BBB2_zps

Harry

Glad you found the part you were looking for Harry B)

Glad you found the part you were looking for Harry B)

Actually, I still have the other transmission. I got this complete one in a trade. I guess you can say I have 1-3/4 early 3 speed transmissions. I did find out that the first one I got was a hilux or blazer transmission. I still need a motor mount, but this time its for a Hilux! The struggle is real!

5A822272-463C-4F9D-9FEA-9204D2519B95_zps

Harry

This was on my stoop when I got home today:

04.20.2016-21.20.png

Inside was:

04.20.2016-21.25.png

Springs, pinions, and a body shell for my TRF 201. (Happy dance!) :D

A vintage Hilux 4x4, the slippery slope not to mention cashlflow just got worse I fear!