backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

3 hours ago, Wez-li said:

My Manta Ray arrived.

Was cheap but it's straight with no obvious damage.

It's always nice when the seller includes a box spanner, to go with the 8,754,120 that I already have :lol:

IMG_20161121_155446.jpg

Why do people insist on cramming things into the smallest possible box? Just go to the supermarket and get a big one, stuff around the goodies with newspaper. I once purchased a pair of R34 GT-R Xenon lamps and they were packaged in a similar fashion - of course one of the brackets broke in transit...

Sorry pet hate of mine!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Illogical said:

Why do people insist on cramming things into the smallest possible box? Just go to the supermarket and get a big one, stuff around the goodies with newspaper. I once purchased a pair of R34 GT-R Xenon lamps and they were packaged in a similar fashion - of course one of the brackets broke in transit...

Sorry pet hate of mine!

Nobody has newspapers and iPads make terrible packing material 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Illogical said:

Sorry pet hate of mine!

In fairness, it was actually packed with a lot of newspaper, I just removed it for the pic.

Received the wheels for my Martini Alfa Romeo 155 TRF415MSXX MRE build.

Ready to start building:D taken a long time,money and selling bits off to  get here.

WP_20161122_21_44_23_Pro[1].jpg

WP_20161122_21_40_40_Pro[1].jpg

• Like 6

Small and seemingly insignificant but necessary nonetheless:

IMG_3407_zpswq9eydml.jpg

And now, like the esteemed Obi Wan Kenobi once said: "All my kits are now running" I don't think I've ever said that B)

• Like 2

I'm a sucker for these special editions so, in the absence of anything exciting from Tamiya this year, I nabbed these two bad boys from Tamico, all in shrink wrapped goodness, before they disappear from the stores altogether. The Blue Lunchie in particular is already becoming hard to find.

Hornet%20004_zps3qk0hpt9.jpg

• Like 12

Postman's been, so finished off my TL01(again) with a replacement CPR-160 after I put the first one in my M04, and some Pirelli tyre decals.

WP_20161124_22_24_41_Pro[1].jpg

WP_20161124_22_25_19_Pro[1].jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, chevelle said:

Couple of tee shirts arrived today :D

20161125_162542.jpg

Need some details on that HS Tshirt, somehow I didn't know it existed in such nice looking transfer.

Not today bug this week, a trf motor stand I'd been after for a while at a good price

and two sets of vintage frog decals, cheers beef muffin for one of those sets .

chris 

7 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Need some details on that HS Tshirt, somehow I didn't know it existed in such nice looking transfer.

Well I have to say that the print quality is Excellent, it is thin an well embedded to the shirt material. Not only can you get tee's but every other type of top you'd like :D

I have pm'd you a link B)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Well snipered, You outbid me! 😔

*Edit* Just checked, it's not the same one. 

Just a buy it now. Will try it soon and see how they compare to expensive ones

• Like 1

Seems to be a few on recently (or just because I'm looking?) 

I saw hobbyking had a offer on again, but the reviews put me off, ie- not a good one amongst them!

I've eventually bought one yesterday, ended up spending more than i should though,but there's a 2.5T motor sat here,crying out for a speed run.........🙄

• Like 1

Not the posty, but the wife and kids.

For my birthday today.

And yes I know the calendar is out of date, but it is very much of significance to this birthday.

WP_20161127_10_43_58_Pro_zpsqhsmjvvf.jpg

• Like 6

SCORE, I want my wife to buy me stuff like that, but she just thinks it is more toys. I bet the calander works a few more times in your lifetime, google it, the days will line up again. I also bet you were born that year??? Happy 40th, my sister's is coming up, I should remind her.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigoggy said:

Not the posty, but the wife and kids.

For my birthday today.

And yes I know the calendar is out of date, but it is very much of significance to this birthday.

WP_20161127_10_43_58_Pro_zpsqhsmjvvf.jpg

Very cool. Do you ride speedway? I have often thought about converting a JAWA single in to a road bike

• Like 1

Thanks guys, yes I turned 40 today.

I don't ride speedway, but am a massive fan, the cover will be art on the wall, it was from Chris Harris's bike.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigoggy said:

I don't ride speedway, but am a massive fan, the cover will be art on the wall, it was from Chris Harris's bike.

If you come up to Scunthorpe they have a training oval and some small bikes and will let you try it. I have never been in so much pain after 15 minutes of riding

33 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

If you come up to Scunthorpe they have a training oval and some small bikes and will let you try it. I have never been in so much pain after 15 minutes of riding

Cheers, I'll look into that, as I often go to Scunny to watch the outlaw F2 stock cars.

1 hour ago, bigoggy said: