backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

These came from the sales section but they came in a RC Channel box labelled bruiser wheels. Perhaps Jamesssb could confirm ?

1 hour ago, Percymon said:

These came from the sales section but they came in a RC Channel box labelled bruiser wheels. Perhaps Jamesssb could confirm ?

If it's from RC channel , they will be excellent Quality . I have a gold ( insert set )  from RC Channel .

• Like 1

Over the last couple of days actually, full bearings, new tires and a body/wing/etc set for my Boomerang.

A sheet of stickers turned up a week or so ago.

• Like 1

Going to try this on my XV-01 Pro TC😊

WP_20170112_09_53_25_Rich.jpg

• Like 1

Tamiya golf gr2 m05 came today in the post plus 2 new tyres for it. Waiting for its new wheels to arrive

IMG_0967.JPG

• Like 1

A tamiya flatbed trailer 56306 and the semi-trailer light set 56502

all from Fusion Hobbies :D Great service as always.

• Like 3

On the way is a Blackfoot 2016 shock kit, a pair of chinese 75mm aluminum oil shocks (for 5th damper mod), 2 batteries (3000mah Nimh) and a EC3 to Tamiya adapter for my charger (Prophet Sport Nimh). All for the Lunchbox.

And the mailman wonders why i'm camping out next to the mailbox :blink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Munchbox said:

On the way is a Blackfoot 2016 shock kit, a pair of chinese 75mm aluminum oil shocks (for 5th damper mod), 2 batteries (3000mah Nimh) and a EC3 to Tamiya adapter for my charger (Prophet Sport Nimh). All for the Lunchbox.

And the mailman wonders why i'm camping out next to the mailbox :blink:

So this is you then :lol:  .. 

f614c75c42323b96f47cc8532071c9c6_zpsy0nj

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Carts said:

Tamiya golf gr2 m05 came today in the post plus 2 new tyres for it. Waiting for its new wheels to arrive

IMG_0967.JPG

Yep, from that angle it is the reason I am not all that thrilled with the M chassis version, wheels WAY inside the arches, I wish I could fix it, but I have been unsuccessful to date on that issue.

• Like 1

Yeh I can see what you mean. Need a set of +6mm offset wheels I reakon. If they exist on those size wheels. 

10 hours ago, matman said:

So this is you then :lol:  .. 

f614c75c42323b96f47cc8532071c9c6_zpsy0nj

Yep these days we all want our packages before they have even been ordered!:D

• Like 2

IMG_0155.jpg

Following the advice to do this for my first truck, I spotted a reasonable deal :)

Motor bought, suspension bought. Just need to pick the right paint. Looking for a nice silver (like the box are above, or similar to the Mercedes F1 trucks). I'm thinking TS-76 Mica Silver is the closest, any tips?

• Like 6

Parts to brighten up a DT-03

Kb5aepk.jpg

And courtesy of Percymon, some wheels for my M06 project and a Ball diff for the Manta Ray in-case I fancy a change from the geared diff.

PHm90Jy.jpg

• Like 3

this is the last two weeks worth:

new body, gear cover, alloy c-hubs and knuckle arms and alloy wheels. I looked around and about 100 mm tires seem to be the recommendation for the CC01, but after fitting the body they don't look very scale. Any suggestions on what I could replace the tires with?

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-13.jpg

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-11.jpg

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-10.jpg

I also printed myself a snorkel for the Pajero, had tried to print some other things as well, on only managed to get a Lunchbox battery holder as well, most other prints failing. My biggest problem with 3D printing at the moment is prints sticking when printing ABS, so yesterday I caved in and ordered some borosilicate glass upgrade for the print bed.

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-12-1.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, Percymon said:

Alloy Bruiser wheels, spacers and a Knight Customs SRB engine set - happy man

Thanks Jamesssb

And then everything was back to normal. Things have been slightly askew without Percymons post in this thread :) 2017 will be a good year after all. 

13 hours ago, Carts said:

Yeh I can see what you mean. Need a set of +6mm offset wheels I reakon. If they exist on those size wheels. 

That would be great, but as you said in those wheel sizes, not much offering for an offset. I think it is a mixture of longer axles and spacers and then the wheels, but I gave up as it just didn't sit right with me for the proportions. I am a picky person though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

That would be great, but as you said in those wheel sizes, not much offering for an offset. I think it is a mixture of longer axles and spacers and then the wheels, but I gave up as it just didn't sit right with me for the proportions. I am a picky person though.

White wheels came today. Just need the other 2 tyres to come so I can fit all 4 

IMG_0976.JPG

2 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-12-1.jpg

Don't  Use Raft for ABS . I don't & it comes out great . I do use the BLUE UHU stic glue , to make it stick .  

Got another mini...............I know, i just bought one for cheap but started looking at a couple of mods and found this roller in mint with a few mods that are worth more than the purchase price of the car. (Tamiya aluminum shocks, titanium screw kit, and bearings) so I couldnt pass this up :) I'll be selling the other once I get ball bearings put in.

IMG_1059_zps7p7dafc8.jpg

Oh and scored this Suzuki Swift body for fairly cheap!

IMG_1060_zpsacvww2lb.jpg

• Like 3

My custom painted TRF 201 and TRF 211 bodies arrived back from the painter.  I did the math and it turns out I can have them professionally painted for less than I was spending on paint and vinyl masks to do it myself.  :o  Now my two racers match.  Uh oh...  It's getting serious!  I just need my driving to come up to the level of my buggies.

01.14.2017-10.22.png

• Like 5

Not today but his past week I received my MIP diff and 2 vintage Tamiya catalogues.

Not a bad start after a very quiet 2016 as far as rc goes.

chris

Got a alu gear housing for my Monster Beetle. It also came with thicker alu side walls.

20170115_165506_zpskjvpj8jm.jpg

• Like 5