backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

18 minutes ago, racer1 said:

How do I get in touch with MCI?

its a website...... ill have to PM you the link

Ok , got three parcels today .

1st off , Thanks @Hibernaculum for these puzzles & got alloy parts from rc-lover .

151f8c1ab189ba69bc11f0b16010fef6_zpso2pu

A Big Thanks To @bjorklo for the heads up for this fine lot . 1st time to buy some thing on a japan site .

5d0aa580f00b753627c63898f9af3fcf_zps0vfq

Very nice indeed & the rest of the diff . 

9174d3fc37e48036d4d57b51b4617c25_zpstkia

Now i may have to find the alloy rear arms to go with this lot . So if anyone has some for sale !! Please let me know thanks . 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, matman said:

1st off , Thanks @Hibernaculum for these puzzles & got alloy parts from rc-lover .

A Big Thanks To @bjorklo for the heads up for this fine lot . 1st time to buy some thing on a japan site .

Now i may have to find the alloy rear arms to go with this lot . So if anyone has some for sale !! Please let me know thanks . 

do you have a link to this site?

On Wed Jan 25 2017 at 2:40 PM, Terz1 said:

Which receivers strokerboy? Just got this today from modelsport, next day delivery, always fast from there. It's the new micro receiver for the code core cr151. Wow it's tiny! It's well under half the size of my code core mini receiver.

20170125_141230_zpsaqfvuapq.jpg

I just balanced it on the battery holder of my wt01 on the left for a size comparison to my mini receiver.

20170125_141658_zpsx7zj3yoc.jpg

I was thinking of ordering a couple of these, thanks for the comparable size pic!

Although, I've got the Tamco TAC330, which is a re badged Core, guessing they should work?

Postie left this on my doorstep. (First rc related thing I have bought in a while!) Gonna paint it and chuck it on my CC-01 give it a once over and then list it for sale.

20170201_170822_zpsf6em3w0p.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, matman said:

my feelings were hurt that I never got that link :(

oh and as for me...........

I got some cool stuff from a TC buddy in Greece OPA!!

Sent me more than enough spares to get my BFX body in great shape (several decal sheets too but not pictured)!!

IMG_1117_zpsmghyyeg3.jpg

He also hooked me up with these awesome aluminum wheels that have found their way onto my project dump truck (hopefully I'll recommence painting tomorrow)!!

IMG_1113_zpsyow6ca13.jpg

IMG_1112_zpsrflhgq1z.jpg

Oh and if you look on the wheels you will see black aluminum Tamiya lugs that I waited a month to get.....

• Like 3

I needed cheering up today. Fortunately,  Banzai came to my rescue with a little box of goodies...

A hex screw set for my M03 Mini shelter build...

FullSizeRender_zpshpvamq0o.jpg~original

And I had taken a punt on a 'lucky bag' for the WR02. I imagined packets of purple or pink anodized horribleness but I'm really pleased with what arrived.

IMG_0122_zpsqnskko95.jpg~original

Front skid plate, motor guard and adjustable front and rear upper arms. I can see all of this going on my WW2, finally completing the wheel conversion (I have all the parts) and maybe doing some body mods. A fun spring / summer project! 

• Like 1

A used and well loved Hornet from fellow TC'er Terz, love the home printed decals on th rear wing lol.... bloomin ingenious.. if I ever get stuck for decals I'm doing the same :)

zHoN85t.jpg

He even included a spare Tamiya 25t servo spline for me which I am running short of as I always use 25t servo's for some reason.

c0GajUo.jpg

• Like 2

Some goody kits all the way from Poland to the US for the 1/16 Sherman tank!

To make it look more real. Parts for the Browning machine gun and a ammo can for the side with scale rounds to make a belt out of!

How cool is that?

20170201_114239_zps29qnzq21.jpg

20170201_114304_zpssohf5thk.jpg

20170201_114255_zpsnm4b2cdw.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

A used and well loved Hornet from fellow TC'er Terz, love the home printed decals on th rear wing lol.... bloomin ingenious.. if I ever get stuck for decals I'm doing the same :)

zHoN85t.jpg

He even included a spare Tamiya 25t servo spline for me which I am running short of as I always use 25t servo's for some reason.

c0GajUo.jpg

Which ones are the servo parts you are using??? What is printed on the backside?? I use mainly Futaba gear and there are always extra servo wheels on the trees, and I have a BUNCH of them.

37 minutes ago, IronSights said:

Some goody kits all the way from Poland to the US for the 1/16 Sherman tank!

To make it look more real. Parts for the Browning machine gun and a ammo can for the side with scale rounds to make a belt out of!

How cool is that?

20170201_114239_zps29qnzq21.jpg

20170201_114304_zpssohf5thk.jpg

20170201_114255_zpsnm4b2cdw.jpg

WHOA, that is some fine detail, can't wait to see more about that and your Sherman. I have a vintage Sherman here too, and one day it will be worked on and working order.

• Like 1

Three out of five packages ordered arrived today, the other two due by Friday I think. Two sets of Tamiya monster truck tires - Lunchbox wheels and tires as well as Suzuki Jimny wheels and tires. Also arrived are the two pieces I had 3-d printed, a new bumper for the Big Bear and the front body mount. The body mount will work perfect, not sure how I feel about the bumper... seems a little weak and a bit ridgy? 

IMG_4787.jpg

A whole ton of stuff, mostly for my new TA07 build currently underway.  Items not on, or in front of the build mat were not part of today's shipment.  ;)

02.01.2017-20.55.png

• Like 1

The servo spline I use says Futaba / Tamiya (25t).... I have a bunch of Unused Sanwa ones I'll never use.

8 hours ago, Coopdevil said:

6mm offset BBS wheels

SSR Formula Mesh.

Excuse the pedantry.

Postie dropped this off this morning, from eBay, described as used but as new and it is! perfect👍

sven

WP_20170202_10_08_16_Pro.jpg

Little birthday treat for myself, thought I'd freshen up my TL01LA rally car with a new chassis, set of gears and a Lancia Delta Intergrale bodyshell and paint.

IMG_1617.JPG

This'll be my 2nd Intergrale shell so hopefully I'll make a better job on the decals this time around 😬

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Chilihook said:

Three out of five packages ordered arrived today, the other two due by Friday I think. Two sets of Tamiya monster truck tires - Lunchbox wheels and tires as well as Suzuki Jimny wheels and tires. Also arrived are the two pieces I had 3-d printed, a new bumper for the Big Bear and the front body mount. The body mount will work perfect, not sure how I feel about the bumper... seems a little weak and a bit ridgy? 

IMG_4787.jpg

Very cool, if you are worried about the bumper, go check with PintoPower and see what type plastics he is using on this SUPERFLY HOrnet parts from Shapeways as he would know what is strongest.

• Like 1

w b

1 hour ago, mr crispy said:

Little birthday treat for myself, thought I'd freshen up my TL01LA rally car with a new chassis, set of gears and a Lancia Delta Intergrale bodyshell and paint.

IMG_1617.JPG

This'll be my 2nd Intergrale shell so hopefully I'll make a better job on the decals this time around 😬

Hmm, wonder how bad postage would be from you to me for that chassis bit. I have a crack in my current TL01 chassis and was going to duct tape it shut.

• Like 1