backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Turnbuckles, universals and tires for my DF03 Dark impact. The tires eere the other day but all are installed glued and lubed.. 

20170425_220426.jpg

Oh saturday my new body for my yet to be picked up Clodbuster arrived. Now eaiting on some vintage red chassis parts and a not so vintage esc. Nothing crazy just a HK 860

On Sat Apr 22 2017 at 1:07 PM, Jason1145 said:

Baja King :0

yhSHCaX.jpg

KYPaPPl.jpg

8bu12Li.jpg

q2LEAG8.jpg

This was my second in the TL line and i still have it had the clone too. Sold thst to a buddy. Are you planning the truck body and bigger wheels an d tires or keeping it stock? 

21 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

How much is that car, looks great on display despite being a running model.

When it was released a few years ago it was around AUD$300.00 its RTR .

Not readily available in shops anymore ,scored this from Gumtree picked it up for AUD$200.00 + Postage .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dojo Dave said:

This was my second in the TL line and i still have it had the clone too. Sold thst to a buddy. Are you planning the truck body and bigger wheels an d tires or keeping it stock? 

Yes that's exactly the intention, I've had a painted F150 shell in black for a few months and bought this Baja King to sit it on. Looking at the photos again it could even benefit from not only bigger and wider tyres but also more offset wheels. 

I always equate wider to less rolling over.

Got a turnigy tx lipo for futaba 6ex transmitters which fits perfectly into the battery compartment of my ko propo esprit 3 universe which will save me the hassle of having to charge tx batteries all the time. For 20 quid it's definitely a worthwhile upgrade. 

Cat block fronts which it seems are supposed to be for 2" wheels. Don't care, they fit and we're mega on gravel tonight!

20170426_201504

Also ebay punt 120a esc for the Thunder Dragon. Never soldered before to could be interesting getting it hooked up to the motor!

20170426_211641

This little turnigy sct with alloy bits and carbon battery holder for under 40 quid.

DSC_0371.JPG

Set of oil filled dampers for my TA-02 truck build :)

101D358B-2C94-4418-8416-206CADAAFFDF_zps

• Like 1

It was a couple days ago, Saturday to be exact, but I have had a pretty busy weekend and week already. I got a NEW to me 4000 MaH 6V battery charger, original Tamiya version for the lighter socket of the car. The box states it would take in the range of 60 minutes to charge up the big battery for the 3 speed trucks. I didn't realize it at the time, but I also had one of the batteries laying in the garage too. I did find out that my battery had been altered to a "Standard" 7.2V plug end, so I guess I will have to open it and alter it back, perhaps even upgrade it to something more modern, but all in due time as I have that project buried on the back burner.

IMG_3177_zpswdcs3ykz.jpg

What I find funny is the charger's size isn't at all different from the 6V-1200MaH battery charger I already had. Just the case colors were different and I suspect the internal circuits will be different as well. The black charger's instructions state it will charge the 1200 MaH battery in just 15 minutes. Gotta love old tech??!! I have my eye on a couple different more additions from Tamiya in this department and I may not have posted a photo to date of the other chargers I have here, but there will be a post in my showroom sooner or later on that.

• Like 5

Postie brought some goodies (a few more on back order.

FullSizeRender_zpsj3fw0gov.jpg

Step screws to get my WW2 running again.

Hornet screw bag for my AMPro suspension conversion.

Wheels for my BMW 2002.

ESC for any of the above!

• Like 1

A very nice dhl driver delivered my paint from custom paints to paint my 71 Pontiac Firebird shell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topforcein said:

A very nice dhl driver delivered my paint from custom paints to paint my 71 Pontiac Firebird shell.

The bullnose shell is on my wish list! 

Already have the '77 on the to do list.

Build thread? 🤔

A nice set of shy and retiring wheels arrived today. No pics yet but I'll try and persuade them to pose for the camera when they're dressed..........................

A birthday box from my brother, didn't open it yet, don't want to spoil the surprise yet. Not much else.

10 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Postie brought some goodies (a few more on back order.

FullSizeRender_zpsj3fw0gov.jpg

Step screws to get my WW2 running again.

Hornet screw bag for my AMPro suspension conversion.

Wheels for my BMW 2002.

ESC for any of the above!

NICE, I have those wheels for my 2002, but they are giving me fits on fitment in the arches, might have to go back to the standard minilites from the kit Tamiya. I really would like to figure out why my Mtronix doesn't want to work, but it is second hand and been here for ages. I do wonder how much that gem cost you and perhaps it will justify me trying to buy another one or three for builds around here.

10 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

NICE, I have those wheels for my 2002, but they are giving me fits on fitment in the arches, might have to go back to the standard minilites from the kit Tamiya. I really would like to figure out why my Mtronix doesn't want to work, but it is second hand and been here for ages. I do wonder how much that gem cost you and perhaps it will justify me trying to buy another one or three for builds around here.

Hi Crash,

I have had 'fun' with these wheels. I bought mismatched pairs - these vintage ones

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-vintage-8-spoke-wheel-26mm-matte-chrome-0mm-offset/rc-car-products/28878

And the vintage tyres to go with them and a pair of the MX60s thinking that as they both 26mm all will be fine. Should have heeded the warnings on the website, there are specific tyres for the MX60 and the vintage tyres are quite a bit larger.

I have a set of Tamiya minilites but they have rally blocks on them.

As for the ESC, it is only a couple of £s cheaper than a 1060 but I have been unlucky with those recently so I thought I would try one of these. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/modelsport-uk-sniper-rv-20-auto/rc-car-products/31775

Quite a low profile. It will be a while before I can try it out though :-( 

20 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

The bullnose shell is on my wish list! 

Already have the '77 on the to do list.

Build thread? 🤔

When i got the 71 shell i was told they was getting hard to get and that was around 2 years ago

I also have the bandit pontiac shell also.

Hopefully i can get up some pics tomorrow as the paint it done

• Like 1

3s balance extensions arrived.

Actually only wanted one, but have enough to charge it at the bottom of the garden now!! 

20170427_131032.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Hi Crash,

I have had 'fun' with these wheels. I bought mismatched pairs - these vintage ones

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-vintage-8-spoke-wheel-26mm-matte-chrome-0mm-offset/rc-car-products/28878

And the vintage tyres to go with them and a pair of the MX60s thinking that as they both 26mm all will be fine. Should have heeded the warnings on the website, there are specific tyres for the MX60 and the vintage tyres are quite a bit larger.

I have a set of Tamiya minilites but they have rally blocks on them.

As for the ESC, it is only a couple of £s cheaper than a 1060 but I have been unlucky with those recently so I thought I would try one of these. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/modelsport-uk-sniper-rv-20-auto/rc-car-products/31775

Quite a low profile. It will be a while before I can try it out though :-( 

Thanks, I just discovered I have a full set of MX60 wheels that I now need to find tires for. I didn't know what I had, just that the vintage rubber wouldn't go on them, so the hunt continues. At the price listed, it would be great if ANY ONE really could offer that kind of ESC for that little money, I havne't found any yet that weren't made and sold from a seller in China with the requisite one month wait time for shipping.

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

When i got the 71 shell i was told they was getting hard to get and that was around 2 years ago

I also have the bandit pontiac shell also.

Hopefully i can get up some pics tomorrow as the paint it done

I think SCollins gave me just the nose for one of these HPI Firebirds

2 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Fox swaybar kit.  Almost hate to open it.  Outside of a bit of yellowing it is in pristine condition.

20170429_143202.jpg

Oh COME ON, you KNOW you want to open it and it will give you better handling on the Fox.

4 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Oh COME ON, you KNOW you want to open it and it will give you better handling on the Fox.

Oh no, it will be opened, just with a heavy heart.  LOL.  Just hard to believe it could go 30 years and be in such good shape.

I've got to add, I have had three deliveries in the past two weeks and two have come on days where my wife wasn't around.  Does that mean I can order more stuff since the two aren't counted against me!!

• Like 3