backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

3 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

I have had three deliveries in the past two weeks and two have come on days where my wife wasn't around.  Does that mean I can order more stuff since the two aren't counted against me!!

Sounds like rational thinking to me! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Sounds like rational thinking to me! 

I am unable to respond as my wife has begun monitoring all my online correspondence. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Thanks, I just discovered I have a full set of MX60 wheels that I now need to find tires for. I didn't know what I had, just that the vintage rubber wouldn't go on them, so the hunt continues.

MX60 is unique to itself :unsure:

DSC00055-800.jpg

too big for mini, too small for touring

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

MX60 is unique to itself :unsure:

DSC00055-800.jpg

too big for mini, too small for touring

Yep, I have figured that out now, but at that time, I didn't know WHAT I had. Now I do

1 hour ago, Crash Cramer said:

Yep, I have figured that out now, but at that time, I didn't know WHAT I had. Now I do

yep sooooo annoying! bought the HPI T-drifts, had to go buy the wheels to fit.

lately HPI has gone further with all these odd unstandard wheels for their rallycross  cars, some even have more than one size per chassis <_< there's a different Road vs Offroad wheel/tyre combo

CBF'd with all the unnecessary complications, I'm just avoiding them all :ph34r:

5 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I've got to add, I have had three deliveries in the past two weeks and two have come on days where my wife wasn't around.  Does that mean I can order more stuff since the two aren't counted against me!!

:D this is sooo true.... hilarious...!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

I've got to add, I have had three deliveries in the past two weeks and two have come on days where my wife wasn't around.  Does that mean I can order more stuff since the two aren't counted against me!!

:lol::lol: I have sold 9 cars in the past 2 weeks (& bought 1 :ph34r:) My Wife still frowns at me if I suggest I need some more rc stuff :lol::lol: There is no correct answer :P

• Like 2

Encourage said wife to take up a hobby perhaps? My wife has no issues with me spending money on RC stuff if she gets a similar amount to spend on her art supplies.

• Like 1

Very nice! That wheel and tyre combo looks great in the box art!

Since I swoped the position of the steering servo on my bruiser the first link bar was to small so I ordered this from model sport.

So at the same time I am gonna change the servo for a high torque I brought the other day that was meant for the merc actros build

IMG_20170430_114723.jpg

IMG_20170430_114508.jpg

On 30/04/2017 at 2:24 AM, tamiya3speed said:

Oh no, it will be opened, just with a heavy heart.  LOL.  Just hard to believe it could go 30 years and be in such good shape.

I've got to add, I have had three deliveries in the past two weeks and two have come on days where my wife wasn't around.  Does that mean I can order more stuff since the two aren't counted against me!!

Yup definitely I've always been a believer in  it's easier to beg forgiveness than seek permission. 

2 hours ago, IronSights said:

Got my Walkera 250 kit in today!

tpLm61b.jpg

Where did you order it from?  I returned the Ares Crossfire I bought from Amain.  It was just too fragile!  I'm looking at a Walkera F210 now but they're pretty spendy.  The runner is discontinued so maybe it's on discount?

TT-02 hop-ups anyone?  This was the last batch of bits I was waiting for before starting on my daughters rally rig.

05.01.2017-19.50.png

• Like 1

Not the postman but but my brother dropped some more of my stuff off.

I'd forgotten about the Castrol Supra body until a week or so ago! probably end up on eBay.

sven

WP_20170502_11_05_28_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Effigy3 said:

TT-02 hop-ups anyone?  This was the last batch of bits I was waiting for before starting on my daughters rally rig.

05.01.2017-19.50.png

That's a lot of alternative coloured plastic! Will there be much of the original kit left?

Just curious..Why would it be a "hop up" if it's going from plastic to plastic? Is it better plastic? Better colors? I completely understand going from plastic to metal but plastic to plastic? Thanks!

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

That's a lot of alternative coloured plastic! Will there be much of the original kit left?

I think the suspension arms.  :P  Couldn't find blue or white suspension arm sprue but I know they exist.  The "White" version of the DF-01 had white suspension arms.  Will they not work on the TT-02?

3 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Just curious..Why would it be a "hop up" if it's going from plastic to plastic? Is it better plastic? Better colors? I completely understand going from plastic to metal but plastic to plastic? Thanks!

The alternative colored plastic chassis is "harder" which reduces chassis flex and improves suspension performance.  Also, it looks prettier.  :P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

The alternative colored plastic chassis is "harder" which reduces chassis flex and improves suspension performance.  Also, it looks prettier.  :P

Thanks for the explanation!

Anew RTR for a change... it's chunky next to my Tamiya's, bargain for a 2.4Ghz, 15t brushed beach buggy....... it's so lush, massive suspension travel, really well put together and feels tough as old boots without a single rattle or clunk out of it..... one run down on nimh and yes it is painfully slow for what I am used to.... some upgrades are in order.

FTX Outlaw

jQSQXCP.jpg

QKqCMcC.jpg

0AzEGbU.jpg

TuiKJzm.jpg

Next to a DT03 to put it into perspective

jDJgkLA.jpg

XseZleU.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Anew RTR for a change... it's chunky next to my Tamiya's, bargain for a 2.4Ghz, 15t brushed beach buggy....... it's so lush, massive suspension travel, really well put together and feels tough as old boots without a single rattle or clunk out of it..... one run down on nimh and yes it is painfully slow for what I am used to.... some upgrades are in order.

FTX Outlaw

QKqCMcC.jpg

FTX makes some decent kit.  That looks like a proper backyard, sand lot, gravel road basher.  Drop a Castle SCT combo in it and upgrade to a 5,000 mAh LiPo and look out!

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

FTX Outlaw

jQSQXCP.jpg

QKqCMcC.jpg

0AzEGbU.jpg

TuiKJzm.jpg

Next to a DT03 to put it into perspective

jDJgkLA.jpg

XseZleU.jpg

RTR = Ready To Rebuild.