backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

RTR = Ready To Rebuild.

Why would I rebuild a truck that doesn't need rebuilding? If I was bored maybe.

10 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

FTX makes some decent kit.  That looks like a proper backyard, sand lot, gravel road basher.  Drop a Castle SCT combo in it and upgrade to a 5,000 mAh LiPo and look out!

I'm going to try and get it up to decent speed with a brushed combo just for the badword of it first.. a brushless system will nestle in eventually though. I saw one of these nearly crack 50mph on YouTube so it has some potential for a budget brand.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, Effigy3 said:

Where did you order it from?  I returned the Ares Crossfire I bought from Amain.  It was just too fragile!  I'm looking at a Walkera F210 now but they're pretty spendy.  The runner is discontinued so maybe it's on discount?

Got it on eBay for $127 shipped.

It doesn't have the FPV camera, Antenna or transmitter though.

• Like 1

Got these two amazing cars yesterday.  Am i correct when asuming the upper and lower deck Are not Like the vintage CF one's with white lettering? I do really want those, but they cost as much as the kit em self, so not sure if i'm going to get em. 

Thus is the third time i get the NSX, hopefully this time it will stay for good :) 

IMG_5269.JPG

IMG_5270.JPG

• Like 1

On 02/05/2017 at 10:44 AM, Supercoolnothing said:

Yup definitely I've always been a believer in  it's easier to beg forgiveness than seek permission. 

If you beg for forgiveness its win-loss, if you ask for permission it could be loss-loss... so best to just buy it and suck up to her haha.

Today postie brought me these...

20170503_182122_zpsl2ugeexq.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Why would I rebuild a truck that doesn't need rebuilding? If I was bored maybe.

It's a common phrase over on that other forum and one I rate highly. Basically, it means that you never know what mood the guy who built your rig was in. Therefore it's never a bad thing to give it a full check over before running. I didn't think it was necessary at first but I'll do it with every RTR I buy from now on.

9 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

It's a common phrase over on that other forum and one I rate highly. Basically, it means that you never know what mood the guy who built your rig was in. Therefore it's never a bad thing to give it a full check over before running. I didn't think it was necessary at first but I'll do it with every RTR I buy from now on.

I haven't bought a RTR for few years now.. luckily this doesn't even have a centre diff so one less thing to check then :) thanks for the tip then.

My workstand arrived today. It's ok but it's out of balance so it spins round when you put a car on it. It'll do though for now. 

7B9ACE06-7482-4683-8178-53C75629186D_zps

• Like 1

Alloy heat shrink/thingymabob for 540 motor  I forgot i orderd. 

Why is it that everything I order from China/Japan  just lately comes with a post stamp from Germany.

1 hour ago, iluvmud said:

NIB Madcap Bodyset

IMG_1979_zps82zsoklv.jpg

IMG_1980_zps381hensb.jpg

great buy! this things dont come cheap these days. how much did you pay?

17 hours ago, Dangerseeker said:

great buy! this things dont come cheap these days. how much did you pay?

50usd

1 hour ago, iluvmud said:

50usd

thats a good price! i paid $40 for a bear hawk body hardly to compare...

Not the postman, but a 'care package' arrived 🙄

20170505_165220.jpg

• Like 3

Today brought some custom decals from a well known third party supplier.

Alas, no photo just now.

Got replacements for my WW2 (slight colour switch), reproduction M38 set, custom Hornet set in silver, dark grey and black and, finally, a Red Bull set which turn out to be waaay too big for their intended use. D'oh!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Today brought some custom decals from a well known third party supplier.

Alas, no photo just now.

Got replacements for my WW2 (slight colour switch), reproduction M38 set, custom Hornet set in silver, dark grey and black and, finally, a Red Bull set which turn out to be waaay too big for their intended use. D'oh!

So, just how big ARE those Red Bull decals??? Perhaps they are useable on something altogether different, like the KongHead. :D