backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Today got an mip rebuild kit to have for my monster beetle and a new body wing for my tt-02b ms because i ripped my other in half on a flip

IMG_0374.JPG

And the main bit for my rally project arrived today along with it's ESC and some paint for it along with the paint for my daughters white chassis TT-02 Subaru XV rally that we're currently building.

05.10.2017-18.26.png

Went a little crazy over the weekend and ended up with these. 3 more still in transit

20170510_185408.jpg

• Like 7

That is an amazing haul for a weekend order, how often do you do that? I showed my wife in the hope she would think another car here or there is normal, or at least there are others worse than me, but she just rolled her eyes

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

These arrived today.Options, always good to have options..

20170510_190844.jpg

Can never have enough of them in my 'O'pinion

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

These arrived today.Options, always good to have options..

20170510_190844.jpg

Do they all turn if you spin the end one? Much better than a fidget thingy! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

10 hours ago, calicool said:

Went a little crazy over the weekend and end up with these. 3 more still in transit

20170510_185408.jpg

You need professional help... ;-)

• Like 3

Mk1 Sandscorcher in need of some major loving, as you can guess from the way the nose cone has been glued, the rest of it isn't too pretty either however it will live on!

DE8BB295-DC10-47A1-8378-CBA2D1919F67_zps

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That is an amazing haul for a weekend order, how often do you do that? I showed my wife in the hope she would think another car here or there is normal, or at least there are others worse than me, but she just rolled her eyes

Usually only a couple of kits a month but this weekend was a little overboard. This was actually showing a little restraint had more in my carts. This is what happens when you have a lazy Saturday and you are surfing the net aimlessly.Between Tower, Tamiya USA and Ebay i did some damage.

My wife was *******ed that she had to drag 4 boxes in the house when she got home yesterday and i tried to share my new acquisitions as i unboxed but she gave me the cold shoulder lol.  Still have an FF01, 501X Worlds and a CC01 U5000 on the way. Not to mention some aquarium stuff for me and a Fuji camera and lens for my daughter on the way also. It was a good weekend lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calicool said:

Usually only a couple of kits a month but this weekend was a little overboard. This was actually showing a little restraint had more in my carts. This is what happens when you have a lazy Saturday and you are surfing the net aimlessly.Between Tower, Tamiya USA and Ebay i did some damage.

My wife was *******ed that she had to drag 4 boxes in the house when she got home yesterday and i tried to share my new acquisitions as i unboxed but she gave me the cold shoulder lol.  Still have an FF01, 501X Worlds and a CC01 U5000 on the way. Not to mention some aquarium stuff for me and a Fuji camera and lens for my daughter on the way also. It was a good weekend lol

I would get murdered if that lot turned up on my doorstep.....!

I presume there's an associated series of additional parcels also en route, with motors, receivers, and hop-ups, etc? 5-10 additional boxes per car? That's a lot of boxes.. Good luck, Skipper!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

I would get murdered if that lot turned up on my doorstep.....!

I presume there's an associated series of additional parcels also en route, with motors, receivers, and hop-ups, etc? 5-10 additional boxes per car? That's a lot of boxes.. Good luck, Skipper!

Have stacks of new rx and servos so good on that. But i may have some hop ups on the way from japan ;)

• Like 1

More like what "The Postman DIDN"T Bring Me"...

I ordered a set of #50519 and a set of #50520 CVAs for my Frog from Japan.  It should have taken about 3 weeks to deliver based on a previous order from the same EBAY Shop...  Well, during that 3rd week, we had some major flooding in my area, including at our local post office...  

Here it is going on 5 weeks and no CVAs...  Nada, zip, zilch...  I think my package got destroyed in the flood and is now sitting in a pile of trash at the landfill...  

Seller said he would give me a refund, but I want my Shocks!!!

***grumble***

Terry

Hey Terry, according to those coordinates, you are in Raliegh, North Carolina. I am sorry to hear your flooding story as we had a bout with that some last year too, nearly the same time of year. I have a story of DID NOT make it to me in the mail, MY ESCROW CHECK. I talked with a real live person about it tonight AGAIN, about the 4th time since March 30th of this year and I am not sure how it could take this long to get me a check of my OWN MONEY from Dallas area. I coulda crawled up there and back in this time frame. RANT OVER for now, hope you guys dry up soon.

1 hour ago, Crash Cramer said:

Hey Terry, according to those coordinates, you are in Raliegh, North Carolina. I am sorry to hear your flooding story as we had a bout with that some last year too, nearly the same time of year. I have a story of DID NOT make it to me in the mail, MY ESCROW CHECK. I talked with a real live person about it tonight AGAIN, about the 4th time since March 30th of this year and I am not sure how it could take this long to get me a check of my OWN MONEY from Dallas area. I coulda crawled up there and back in this time frame. RANT OVER for now, hope you guys dry up soon.

The kids and I walked over to our local greenway trail by our neighborhood lake last week...  dried mud in the trees at least 12ft up...  It was worse than Hurricane Matthew!  We just had another short and sweet downpour tonight.  Hopefully it cleaned most of that duck-poo dust down into the lake...  

My favorite taco place was under a foot of water.  My work-buddies and I just went back this week and there is still grit everywhere...  Food was OK, but the place needs another month of chicken grease coating everything before its truly safe...

Hopefully the CVAs will arrive tomorrow, but I'm not betting on it...

Terry (in Raleigh)

3 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

More like what "The Postman DIDN"T Bring Me"...

I initially read that as a comment on calicool's order!

But on a serious note, sorry to hear about the flooding, we've had our share of natural disasters down here in New Zealand over the last few years, thankfully nothing near me but as a small country you know a lot of people who are affected wherever it hits

• Like 1

Today I received some AW grease for my "Project Aqrobull" courtesy of Truck Norris. Much appreciated!!

• Like 2

Waiting when i got home.... Some stuff for me and my daughter (not all tamiya today)

20170512_191729.jpg

22 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

The kids and I walked over to our local greenway trail by our neighborhood lake last week...  dried mud in the trees at least 12ft up...  It was worse than Hurricane Matthew!  We just had another short and sweet downpour tonight.  Hopefully it cleaned most of that duck-poo dust down into the lake...  

My favorite taco place was under a foot of water.  My work-buddies and I just went back this week and there is still grit everywhere...  Food was OK, but the place needs another month of chicken grease coating everything before its truly safe...

Hopefully the CVAs will arrive tomorrow, but I'm not betting on it...

Terry (in Raleigh)

That Sucks i had been watching that on the news. Hopefully the CVA's showed today and hopefully the taco shop will speed up the re greasing of the kitchen ;)

• Like 1

Actually got this yesterday, but was late when I got home from work.

Its a Ravon RC 1/5 32cc two stroke Baja Buggy.

eIqu1zR.jpg

rNPVpFT.jpg

CdTQznR.jpg

u8cpXBx.jpg

vOQYflb.jpg

oYDCUqw.jpg

• Like 7

Mr UPS brought me a little box from Shapeways. 

2017-05-12_04-36-26

Revised wide front shock mount for my Thunder Dragon to take 70mm eye to eye shocks. Current one works with 62mm absima shocks I bought before I really knew what I was doing and they are long touring car shock with only 8mm stroke. The handling balance is all wrong because the front travel is so much less than the rear. 64mm cva don't quite fit so I redesigned it for 70mm shocks for a wide range of options. As it happens I picked up some cva mini shocks off ebay so they will be going on when they arrive. 

• Like 2

Not all of this.  Just the most important bits at the bottom left.  Thanks Grastens !

lancia3.jpg

• Like 2

I got a few bits come in... 4 things for 4 different projects. I had to buy a whole parts tree for 1 little piece. No wonder I never get anything finished. lol

Fighting Buggy bodyshell, Bigwig C-Parts tree, Fuchs wheel pieces...
DSC_0116.thumb.jpg.ba9ecf168d7edf0bb310d789dcdaeb32.jpg

Bought a whole Bigwig tree just because I'd lost this little piece somewhere over the years...
59173d76ad089_DSC_0120BigwigC6.thumb.jpg.a01471521c937653a1a8605e7455c43e.jpg

A Tamiya surfboard? It's actually my second one. Still haven't done up my first. :D
DSC_0122.jpg.8d3057b1a4fed9906854a0bf08cdb427.jpg

Alrighty then! I can't do much with the rest right now but, technically, I should be able to start my not-so-vintage Bigwig build now... so... Time for a cuppa!
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, VagabondStarJXF said:
I got a few bits come in... 4 things for 4 different projects. I had to buy a whole parts tree for 1 little piece. No wonder I never get anything finished. lol

Fighting Buggy bodyshell, Bigwig C-Parts tree, Fuchs wheel pieces...
DSC_0116.thumb.jpg.ba9ecf168d7edf0bb310d789dcdaeb32.jpg

Bought a whole Bigwig tree just because I'd lost this little piece somewhere over the years...
59173d76ad089_DSC_0120BigwigC6.thumb.jpg.a01471521c937653a1a8605e7455c43e.jpg

A Tamiya surfboard? It's actually my second one. Still haven't done up my first. :D
DSC_0122.jpg.8d3057b1a4fed9906854a0bf08cdb427.jpg

Alrighty then! I can't do much with the rest right now but, technically, I should be able to start my not-so-vintage Bigwig build now... so... Time for a cuppa!

I know how you feel I've had to buy the whole avante E parts because I lost the battery holder! 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, calicool said:

Waiting when i got home.... Some stuff for me and my daughter (not all tamiya today)

20170512_191729.jpg

I have a Hydor inline heater on my 70 gallon as well. Great heater.

• Like 1