backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

14 hours ago, moffman said:

A Tamiya surfboard? It's actually my second one. Still haven't done up my first. :D

I have two of these that I have never used yet!

• Like 1

More bits arrived for my next TT-02 rally project. Some came from far, far away too.

05.14.2017-18.42.png

• Like 1

Just popped home and the front shafts for my widetrack TA02 have arrived. Hopefully I can get the front together tonight after work. 

E6AA7368-8FB0-460C-BACD-57B8CE3F9C49_zps

DSC_0002.thumb.JPG.a81af29d3be0d0cb2bcf9955a3666f73.JPG

I've kinda resigned myself to the idea that I'm not getting the Pargu hubs now so these are the last bits for my not-so-vintage Bigwig build. 11 days tracked shipping time, according to 17track.net, but actually 21 days from date of purchase on eBay. Coming from China, well, it could've been worse. I'm still awaiting the coloured countersunk washers I ordered the week before I ordered these, also from China, and don't get me started on the debacle of the aforementioned Pargu order put in back in March 20... :(:(:( 

Oh well... At least I can get started on this build now... or after I've cleared my desk... maybe this weekend... Time for another cuppa... ^_^ 

Found a model shop in Poland that had some nice rare bits, all new - Hilux Monster Racer wheels and front tyres, Primera wheels (only one pair unfortunately), Alfa 156 limited body shell, plus really good prices for the Alfa 155 (£21) and Honda Accord (£18) bodies.

zabawki-bodies.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Found a model shop in Poland that had some nice rare bits, all new - Hilux Monster Racer wheels and front tyres, Primera wheels (only one pair unfortunately), Alfa 156 limited body shell, plus really good prices for the Alfa 155 (£21) and Honda Accord (£18) bodies.

zabawki-bodies.jpg

NICE SCORE!!!! I am always on the look out for the original M1 Mini Cooper shell.... those are hard to find in the states :(

As for me... got my Dyna Storm in the mail... car is mint but one wheel busted in shipping (guy did a craptastic job of boxing it up).

IMG_2103_zpsnsg7navd.jpg

IMG_2104_zpsnnomjrbi.jpg

• Like 3

IMG_0355.jpg

No idea when I'll get to build them, but I can sit and hug them anytime i want now :P 

• Like 5

Yay! Last of my packages from China is in tha hizzouse!

DSC_0004.thumb.JPG.016c68c5e9778d9d46ab61ab19a78594.JPG

These are slightly different from the 3Racing ones I've used on my Mud Blaster, sadly. :( Good thing I've ordered enough to change out all of them! ^_^

Now, if only I could find a cheap enough source for 'bulk' orders of coloured M3 Flanged Locknuts...

• Like 1

Not just M3 washers. Anodised alloy countersunk M3 washers! They are far more exciting than the ordinary kind! :D

• Like 3

10 hours ago, iluvmud said:

As for me... got my Dyna Storm in the mail... car is mint but one wheel busted in shipping (guy did a craptastic job of boxing it up).

IMG_2103_zpsnsg7navd.jpg

IMG_2104_zpsnnomjrbi.jpg

I learned that lesson on the wheels ages ago, I always insist the shipper pull the wheels off so there is less likely damage to them. It doesn't add up how a car can jump over boulders and curbs and scream down the road with no damage to the wheels, but pack it up in a box and send it in the mail and viola, cracked/broken wheel???

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

I learned that lesson on the wheels ages ago, I always insist the shipper pull the wheels off so there is less likely damage to them. It doesn't add up how a car can jump over boulders and curbs and scream down the road with no damage to the wheels, but pack it up in a box and send it in the mail and viola, cracked/broken wheel???

Hah yeah it is weird but honestly these things are super old and on top of that I had no intentions of keeping them they're new but brittle I've already put original DS wheels on it. Now to get the tires 

3 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

M3 washers..... ZZZZzzzzzz

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Not just M3 washers. Anodised alloy countersunk M3 washers! They are far more exciting than the ordinary kind! :D

That's exactly right, TurnipJF! Being anodised in colours they, obviously, make your model go at least 5mph faster than ludicrous speed and also make you more attractive to all genders, of all species, in all the Multiverse. That's why I just couldn't NOT buy some for my models... They're not just life changing, they're purely existence defining:D:D:D:D:D 

• Like 2

Egress arrived, in better shape than I thought i would get it in..... its pretty cool since it is technically RTR with all the vintage electronics still in tact.

IMG_2122_zps70ur9yrp.jpg

IMG_2125_zpsb1u3nlt7.jpg

IMG_2126_zps37s6cuib.jpg

And the radio is cool... a radio I always wanted but never could afford as a kid!!

IMG_2130_zpssdinbpob.jpg

only thing aside from the parts missing on the egress I can see that the shock springs will need to be wire wheeled or replaced.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iluvmud said:

Egress arrived, in better shape than I thought i would get it in..... its pretty cool since it is technically RTR with all the vintage electronics still in tact.

IMG_2122_zps70ur9yrp.jpg

IMG_2125_zpsb1u3nlt7.jpg

IMG_2126_zps37s6cuib.jpg

And the radio is cool... a radio I always wanted but never could afford as a kid!!

IMG_2130_zpssdinbpob.jpg

only thing aside from the parts missing on the egress I can see that the shock springs will need to be wire wheeled or replaced.....

Great looking bundle there, how are you fixed for decals??? I also couldn't afford that radio as a kid, but got one a few years ago finally. Nice little bundle and I have a "toy/hobby lobby" grade rock tumbler here with some walnut shell/media that I tumble bits in like that, could be less aggressive than the wire wheel and save a finger or two. Shoot me a mail mud, we might have some bits to swap there.

3 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

Great looking bundle there, how are you fixed for decals??? I also couldn't afford that radio as a kid, but got one a few years ago finally. Nice little bundle and I have a "toy/hobby lobby" grade rock tumbler here with some walnut shell/media that I tumble bits in like that, could be less aggressive than the wire wheel and save a finger or two. Shoot me a mail mud, we might have some bits to swap there.

I got no decals....... so its on my grocery list :) man if you got a tumbler have I gor some parts for you.....to clean for me that is :) Ive got a super champ that Ive been putting off rebuilding as the aluminum parts are so grungy looking (from age) and need to be wheeled clean. Message incoming!

On 5/15/2017 at 6:22 PM, Truck Norris said:

zabawki-bodies.jpg

Mind sharing the shop name? Ive been looking for MR rear wheels for aaaages :( 

Got a NIP msc for my lola, thanks to a tip from a fellow tc member :-) 

20170516_224755_zpsbcw18qc4.jpg

• Like 2

I received this little beauty today, took ages for one to come up for sale but it's here now. It's completely stock so new wheels and tyres and a change of colour are on the cards asap

.18579447_10154672992141158_1483605738_n.

• Like 2

Another set of yeah racing df03 universals for my bigwig I put a set into the front a couple of weeks or so ago and they really improved the handling so I decided to drop another set into the rear of the car. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade for any car running Shot series gearboxes. 

• Like 1

Bought these 3 retro transmitters purely too get hold of the Sanwa which matches the servos & receiver fitted to my MK1 Scorcher, turns out its a 3 channel rather than 2 channel but the seller had also included a bag of extras that included the matching receivers for all 3 transmitters! Thinking the Sanwa could be perfect for a retro Bruiser build now 🙂

0AED5521-E7BF-4849-A080-936E15A5E232_zps

• Like 2