backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

17 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Haha I think you're in the majority, once my stuff is in the country I'll be pacing around the house, looking at the letterbox and checking the tracking every 10mins. Well it feels like that anyway

I usually lose track of the little stuff like today I ended up with 4 jiffy envelopes delivered wondering what parts are these today... maybe big kits are different but I'm so disorganised, easily distracted and project backlogged I've no time to worry about where stuff is as long as it gets to me ;) 

So guys is that XV01 long damper kit re-released and out now?

Today the postman brought 2 tins of paint, Tamiya PS-15 Metallic Red and PS-5 Black. And some Tamiya masking tape

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

I usually lose track of the little stuff like today I ended up with 4 jiffy envelopes delivered wondering what parts are these today... maybe big kits are different but I'm so disorganised, easily distracted and project backlogged I've no time to worry about where stuff is as long as it gets to me ;) 

This one?

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-47349-xv01-chassis-long-damper-spec-p-73214.html?cPath=420_1167

• Like 1

I got more bits for my TT-02R rally build.

05.23.2017-19.10.png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

I got more bits for my TT-02R rally build.

05.23.2017-19.10.png

Your going to like the YR motor mount. You can set the pinion wherever you want

3 minutes ago, Macinnis said:

Your going to like the YR motor mount. You can set the pinion wherever you want

That's exactly why I got it!  The TT-02R comes with the Tamiya aluminum motor mount but I wanted more adjustment.

3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

It's available now in most places, but there's still some that haven't got stock yet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blista said:

It's available now in most places, but there's still some that haven't got stock yet.

Yeah I am still awaiting my preorder to ship...Hopefully soon! Nice to see it in the wild

TBLE-02S and Schumacher Mini Spike Green Rears turned up which meant I could get my Thunder Dragon functional again after the cheap chinese ESC I bought died last week

20170524_161511

• Like 3

Two new cars, DF02 is a runner already with a brushed nimh set up and 27Mhz, the Sonic Fighter is a roller in need of a few parts and a restoration

LzJEQn9.jpg

LwmUlBn.jpg

ZKy5uH6.jpg

FqUmLyN.jpg

• Like 4

Been thinking about one of these for ages. Found one for cheap through an ebay seller, and decided to grab it before they get discontinued.

34742430521_33a710dd75_c.jpg

Thinking about a "Manhattan Project" tribute: working lights, container of green goo strapped to the bed...

• Like 7

Bought a ni-mh for my Scania Truck.

Not very exciting but essential if you want your model to move.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

This arrived, one that was in transit when I got the embargo, I was a bit disappointed with the packaging.

20170525_201042.jpg

The wife made it to the door before me, I was expecting a comment or two, all she said was, a wee A4 jiffy bag has arrived, good job it isn't another rc car! 

Something to be said for the poor packaging 🤔

Oh, this was the purchase...

20170525_201249.jpg

(Note, unwrapped in the drive to be quickly stored (stashed) in the garage!)

• Like 8

Shapeways via Mr UPS brought me my (hopefully) final iteration of my wide front shock mount for running 70mm shocks on a Thunder Dragon, and more importantly my first try at a Super A5

Thunder Dragon Super A5 part and new front shock mounts

A5 meets Super A5

Thunder Dragon Super A5 part and new front shock mounts

Few more pics and explanations over on the TV Builds forum

54 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

This arrived, one that was in transit when I got the embargo, I was a bit disappointed with the packaging.

20170525_201042.jpg

The wife made it to the door before me, I was expecting a comment or two, all she said was, a wee A4 jiffy bag has arrived, good job it isn't another rc car! 

Something to be said for the poor packaging 🤔

Oh, this was the purchase...

20170525_201249.jpg

(Note, unwrapped in the drive to be quickly stored (stashed) in the garage!)

That looks like quite a score, both the car and getting it hidden away without being discovered. It looks a lot like the sister to my original Boomerang, my mates brothers had one each, one white and one yellow. I bought the white one and know where the yellow one is (the other brother still has it but lives in Australia now), I will get it at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That looks like quite a score

At just a smidge over £50 I thought so! 

Not going to do too much with her (famous last words!), quick once over, a 1060 esc, a tamco rx and bung a lipo in.

I actually don't like the yellow, but will live with it for now 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

At just a smidge over £50 I thought so! 

Not going to do too much with her (famous last words!), quick once over, a 1060 esc, a tamco rx and bung a lipo in.

I actually don't like the yellow, but will live with it for now 🙄

Sounds like a good plan, especially given you can get a rere Boomerang to mess with at the moment.

I think it would be hard to mount that extra 2s battery on the Boomerang as the front slopes, but you can always prove me wrong!

5 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Sounds like a good plan, especially given you can get a rere Boomerang to mess with at the moment.

Re re's are still a bit pricey for my liking atm,unless I stumble across one. Spares availability is a bonus though.

5 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I think it would be hard to mount that extra 2s battery on the Boomerang as the front slopes, but you can always prove me wrong!

I'm getting the feeling I've got a reputation here 🤔, but once the msc is removed, there's a tempting area were the resistor once was 😉😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Re re's are still a bit pricey for my liking atm,unless I stumble across one. Spares availability is a bonus though.

I'm getting the feeling I've got a reputation here 🤔, but once the msc is removed, there's a tempting area were the resistor once was 😉😁

Thats strange, the rere is the cheapest way to get a Boomerang down here, they just don't come up for sale that often, and when they do they will be a chassis next to a pile of parts and still go for $150 when the rere is $270 and obviously complete and mint condition!

I need to show your speed runs to a mate once hes sorted, he would do similar things to that, it would be great if you guys egged each on!

Yeah, alot go for near the £100 mark, which I wouldn't entertain, I'm quite happy with a 'runner' as I hate seeing them just sat on the shelf, meaning it's inevitable I'll break something or want to upgrade parts anyway! I bought the dark impact new and the only thing left original are the wheels, body and most of the internal gears! lol

Having found the 2.5t 12800kv motor, I'd forgot I had, I don't think I need to start nailing lipo's to the roof now 😎

• Like 1

A rather nice wee bumper from radshape for my cc-01 meaning I can finally get rid of the huge plastic monstrosity that gets caught on everything that tamiya decided to supply with the original kit. Oddly enough it was cheaper to buy it from radshape's eBay shop than it was from their website. 

Spotted this while browsing eBay last week. It seemed surprisingly cheap so I chucked in a last minute bid and won it :) 

D4296E19-5863-4B0A-A086-FC4DB94EA2D2_zps

8A89C66E-45E9-47FA-8D44-F60F00C67853_zps

• Like 6

Came home from a couple of days riding my mountain bike to find the fan for my tble-02s arrived. Got it installed in the Thunder Dragon and decided to give it a workout by hooking up the 8.4v pack. Worked great! No thermal shutdown running 8.4v nimh on a 3800kv 10.5t brushless. Go Tamiya!

• Like 2

Buying tools doesn't count as spending money, right?

LNE3v5l.jpg

• Like 5