backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Already put a photo on another thread but yodel postman didn't deliver this, the wrong house he delivered it to delivered it! Finally from the USA my new alloy clod chassis. I'll be modifying it to suit my needs

IMG_0219.JPG

• Like 2

My first ever 2.4ghz transmitter and receiver arrived today. Seems odd not having 3 foot of aerial sticking out the top! I read a few reviews that said these Core transmitters were good for the money so decided to give it a whirl. Just need to finish building my widetrack TA02 now. 

C3686B5E-A387-4D8B-AE6A-32DE445191C3_zps

6C3B57E3-DDC1-491A-8237-10E2EABF2EA6_zps

• Like 2

A 1mm thick bit of rubber for Holiday Buggy mud flaps.

IMG_1765_zpsg7iyeali.jpg

A 1mm hex wrench.

IMG_1766_zpszpyi7jli.jpg

😴😴ZZZZZzzzzzzz.......

Got my Grasshopper 2, some bearings and a savox 0254 servo for it, hopefully tomorrow my kimbrough servo saver and cva shocks will arrive and then I can start to build it. 

5 hours ago, Sammo said:

My first ever 2.4ghz transmitter and receiver arrived today. Seems odd not having 3 foot of aerial sticking out the top! I read a few reviews that said these Core transmitters were good for the money so decided to give it a whirl.

I felt the same when I got my first one, (a tamco one,basically the same) now it's weird when going back to 27/40mhz! 

Read the manual from cover to cover, it's amazing what these things can do.

Almost put a bid on eBay for a core one the other day, but got caught up in work!

38 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Read the manual from cover to cover, it's amazing what these things can do.

Yup I did that when I got my first K.O. set, I remember thinking "I won't use that, have no need for that, why would anyone want that?" and now can't believe how much I use a lot of the features. 

• Like 1

I got this from a colleague for a good price.

EBA60923-B2DA-4BD5-AECB-F8EB274660BE_zps

It has been added to the not going to get built anytime soon pile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Yup I did that when I got my first K.O. set, I remember thinking "I won't use that, have no need for that, why would anyone want that?" and now can't believe how much I use a lot of the features. 

I love being able to switch from my WW2 to my Hornet so easily. Especially as I set up a custom control set for the Hornet which includes reversed steering!

I found it a little daunting at first but only really because I misplaced the manual!

Duracells seem to hold up well in the tx, I do remove them after each session.

After running silver cans with 2 & 3s in the bullhead, and being quite impressed with the extra oomph, i plumped for a 1060 esc to run in the other vintage stuff.

This was waiting when I got home from work,and many thanks to the person who wrote 2.44 in the value box, it'll save me a tonne of grief 😀

I wasn't expecting them to be that small, that's an AAA battery for reference!

20170530_232451.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

After running silver cans with 2 & 3s in the bullhead, and being quite impressed with the extra oomph, i plumped for a 1060 esc to run in the other vintage stuff.

This was waiting when I got home from work,and many thanks to the person who wrote 2.44 in the value box, it'll save me a tonne of grief 😀

I wasn't expecting them to be that small, that's an AAA battery for reference!

20170530_232451.jpg

Excellent esc choice! There definitely one of the best brushed esc on the market! I use them in all my brushed cars! Love em lol!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theRuggedMan said:

The postie brought me this little lot! (As well as giving himself a hernia) lol!

What all of them!!!!

Building or keeping boxed?

Lol he came in a van! Yep I'm gonna build them and enjoy them!

But first I have to put more shelves up as I have no more space.

Got some more kits on the way too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theRuggedMan said:

Excellent esc choice! There definitely one of the best brushed esc on the market! I use them in all my brushed cars! Love em lol!

I swapped to lipo when I swapped to brushless, so didn't appreciate how much fun a silver can is with 12v up it's chuff 😃

Just not so sure about the lipo cut off being set a 3v per cell, but it goes to half power at 3.5v, so i guess it'll give me a chance to drive it back to me?! 🤔

• Like 1

Had this lot waiting for me when I got home. 

Some of the missing TA02 parts I needed for the chassis, TA02 prop shaft, CR01 wheels with beadlocks, metal wheel hexes and my Pro Line Edge tyres for the front wheels :) Still waiting for the rear tyres to arrive. 

4619D332-5949-4A50-9E15-1536A0613B17_zps

Had the pinion gear turned up today from tony tamiya parts after a little mix up so I managed to get it in the truck gearbox and installed that into the chassis

• Like 1

Today i got 2 new 2s  4000 lipos from venom. I got a delivery from tamiya with a wing,ribbed front tires and aluminum part j5 for my dn01

• Like 2

A CPR P-80F 😊

No idea what it's going on 😖

WP_20170531_23_32_59_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

Small fry, just these.. but It means I am one step closer to mounting my bronco body on my cc-01. I have to pull it to bits and replace the main chassis carcass as when I got it off a mate years ago it came with cut front and rear guards (which the body mount brackets mount to) and will have to cut the 'brick' off again and bolt all the motor, gears, gpm steering, front suspension and junfac rear back in it. But it's progress 😊

20170601_180506_zpsntdxato5.jpg

• Like 2

Needed something to store everything, this came up cheap enough. Bigger than I expected though!

20170601_115545.jpg

• Like 4

On 2017-5-31 at 3:41 PM, theRuggedMan said:

The postie brought me this little lot! (As well as giving himself a hernia) lol!

good_stuff.jpg

If our local postie brought me that lovely lot (yeah I wish!) It would be indeed in the condition of that lot! BUT our hobby/RC shops would probably use a courier so they would probably (if not certain) be thrown over my back gate or down my side alley either way they won't look as neat as them!

On 31/05/2017 at 3:41 PM, theRuggedMan said:

good_stuff.jpg

I think I just got a hernia from drooling at that lot.... nice haul!

A few bits just arrived.

A Speed Passion MMM 13.5R brushless motor.

A sensor cable for the motor

2 Core RC micro receivers

A Core RC 9016MG servo

Some Tamiya servo tape

And a 50736 parts tree.

nO0k1DVEfTcFoaJobV-eAlnZc8lxmtsoRlx0v9FQ

• Like 1