backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Phat Bodies have released a lovely little Mini shell, couldn't say no as the Tamiya ones are getting pretty scarce now. 

20045782_10154855940531158_410134829_n.jpg

20030745_10154855940371158_1533602935_n.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Prescient said:

Couple more nib kits

IMG_20170713_181305870_HDR_crop_752x895.jpg

Where do you find all the nib kits?

I've only seen odd ones going for silly money.

30 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Where do you find all the nib kits?

I've only seen odd ones going for silly money.

There are always collectors trading but depending on perspective, kits do go for good money, no one gives them away. 

New in box period correct Acoms Techniplus AP-27 BEC in Band 1 which has taken some effort to find in the Band 1 frequency. 

No idea if it works as hadn't been tested it's purely for show but may try it at some stage.

Such an awesome looking TX with the chrome frontage.

IMG_20170713_212217516-2137x1202.jpg

• Like 1

Got my F103rs, on first inspection it looked pretty good for the money but on closer inspection I found that the spur gear is pretty much knackered,  the top deck is broken, the battery mounts are missing and the supplied steering servo was dead. A quick ebay session later and the missing/broken parts have replacements ordered. I'm toying with dropping a brushless system into it and finding somewhere smooth enough to do a few speed runs. 

• Like 3

Nothing big.....

got in more parts for my LBIII project and a losi part EEK!!

IMG_2611_zpshfifmdqp.jpg

Also pulled the trigger on a red wheelie wheel for my LBII

IMG_2598_zps4vkbz1i5.jpg

and here is what I got the Losi part for.... got this thing for a song so I couldnt pass it up, comes with extra motors an extra esc and a Hitech MG servo(not pictured) need to test it all, get the truck sold off and keep the items I wanted from it :)

IMG_2618_zps34kfd4mp.jpg

Not really a postman, but a fella that used to hang out at my house and disorganized garage to fiddle with Tamiya. He brought this over along with some other bits and bobs, most notably, my Chenowth body for the Rough Rider I have been tinkering with for ages.

Well, silly me, thinking Photobucket would pull their head out and let us post sometime soon. I guess a regular post is in order.

5 hours ago, chevelle said:

Gave it a quick polish, Came up well I think ;) :laugh:

20170714_202824.jpg

THAT IS a different truck, nice reminds me to wash my real car.😂

Looks like a new body and tyres + a solid clean and polish of parts but seems to be the same chassis. 

• Like 1

;) I used a product called "NewBodyandtyresonit" :D still need to freshen up the chassis :)

Well Im *******ed.............. ordered wheels for my LBIII (two sets of wheels) then a week later ordered more parts from same seller............ new parts come in BEFORE the wheels...... then wheels arrive today....... ONE DAM SET!!!!!! Not even going to bother with pics as Im beyond irritated.

BUT another buyer shipped my steel pinions in quick fashion as did someone over seas shipping me my y-splitter even though I wound up not needing it.

I just got a brand new built but never run King Blackfoot from Germany today. I also got a 1993 F250 JC Concepts body, new King Blackfoot roll bar, and a reprop set of King Blackfoot MCI decals to make a running body so I don't get this one messed up.

0UvvTTD.jpg

Lynn

• Like 3

I got a load of stuff for my f103, new spur gear, diff plates and balls, D parts sprue for the body mounts, the rear suspension ball mount hop up (from what I can gather it gives a bit more flex/suspension action) and a new top deck because the old one had the body mounts snapped off at some point in it's previous life. 

So far I've spent more than the purchase price on what I thought was going to be a cheap project but it'll be worth it when it's finished. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

So far I've spent more than the purchase price on what I thought was going to be a cheap project but it'll be worth it when it's finished. 

Funny how that happens! 

Must still be cheaper than a new one, and all the important parts are new or upgraded.👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Funny how that happens! 

Must still be cheaper than a new one, and all the important parts are new or upgraded.👍

Exactly, although now I've discovered the amount of tuning parts that are available for it I think I might end up bankrupt. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Exactly, although now I've discovered the amount of tuning parts that are available for it I think I might end up bankrupt. 

Well, you could see if anyone wants any of the usable removed parts? (Ps, bought one to see what kind of speed I could get out of one for the fastest tamiya 😉) 

• Like 3

New shoes for my upcoming GT2..

Btw, these wheels are supposed to have an interchangeable offset thing by removing the gold part from the rim, though they seem pre-glued together.

Anyone has any experience with these?

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Well, you could see if anyone wants any of the usable removed parts? (Ps, bought one to see what kind of speed I could get out of one for the fastest tamiya 😉) 

We need to get together for some f1 shenanigans at some point, just need to find somewhere that's flat enough to get the most out of them 

• Like 1