backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

53 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

We need to get together for some f1 shenanigans at some point, just need to find somewhere that's flat enough to get the most out of them 

Sounds like a plan.

Need to get mine up and running! 

Needs a spur I think.

17 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Sounds like a plan.

Need to get mine up and running! 

Needs a spur I think.

Mine needed a new spur as well, I've got the RD ones and 0.4 mod pinions coming. I'm aiming for an fdr of about 3.2:1 which should give a nice wee turn of speed even with a silver can motor fitted. 

I need to stop looking at the exotek conversion tho I'm probably never going to seriously race it and have no real use for it but it's seriously lovely looking. 

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Mine needed a new spur as well, I've got the RD ones and 0.4 mod pinions coming. I'm aiming for an fdr of about 3.2:1 which should give a nice wee turn of speed even with a silver can motor fitted. 

Could do with a 48dp spur, got loads of pinions for those! (Even a 0.5 mod would give me a few).

Looking at the 1060 esc and a 2s lipo to start with, but a got a few options 🙄😎

1 hour ago, Supercoolnothing said:

I need to stop looking at the exotek conversion tho I'm probably never going to seriously race it and have no real use for it but it's seriously lovely looking. 

Had to Google that, but , ooooohh nice! 

Latest delivery from Modelsport contained:

• a new Mad Bull body
  • a can of Tamiya Italian Red paint for the body
  • 2 packs of Schumacher Cat XLS crashback O-rings. The O-rings are for my Procat, when I get round to sorting it out, in case some generic O-rings I got from ebay aren't right for the job.

I've also had in the last few days:

• a pair of Schumacher 65mm turnbuckles
  • a pack of Tamiya 5mm steering rod ends - these and the turnbuckles are to make some new steering rods for my Blackfoot with a centred steering servo.
  • a Turnigy neck strap for my transmitter
  • a (as in single) universal joint driveshaft for my Twin Detonator - I didn't pay enough attention and thought I was buying a pair. DOH! Another one is on order

So I should be able to get the Blackfoot driving (without a body for the moment), get my boys Mad Bull painted in his favourite colour (got to try and find some Spider-Man decals for it) and, when the other driveshaft arrives, sort my Twin Detonator so it doesn't pop dog bones from the front again.

On 16/07/2017 at 2:45 PM, ybaryo said:

New shoes for my upcoming GT2..

Btw, these wheels are supposed to have an interchangeable offset thing by removing the gold part from the rim, though they seem pre-glued together.

Anyone has any experience with these?

FullSizeRender.jpg

i've brought a few mst set and i really like them i did buy a ajustable offset set a few months back and yes you just push the centre out and you will see 3 little grooves into witch you choose the offset you require but if they don't slide out then i would say the place you brought them from has sent you the wrong wheels these are the wheels i got IMG_20170502_154549.thumb.jpg.2debabcdcde62bdc3ec44f8f7023c2b4.jpg

• Like 1

Couple of bits from Tony's Tamiya Parts. Don't really need them but useful WT01 spares to have.

IMG_20170719_192458762-1336x752.jpg

On 7/15/2017 at 6:32 PM, Grave Digger1 said:

I just got a brand new built but never run King Blackfoot from Germany today. I also got a 1993 F250 JC Concepts body, new King Blackfoot roll bar, and a reprop set of King Blackfoot MCI decals to make a running body so I don't get this one messed up.

Lynn

How much do you want for it?

Going to try out a Traxxas X-Maxx. I have two gas 5th scales and am to the point of hating to deal with the noise.

IMG_210.jpg

IMG_211.jpg

• Like 5

Couple of gearboxes for the WT01. Plus another TXT-2 Agrios. You can never have too many Tamiya Monster Trucks.

IMG_20170720_181226673-1336x752.jpg

IMG_20170720_181940-1336x477.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

Got one of these to modify and fit onto my Tamiya DT-02.

IMG_0300.jpg

What's that do then, and how?

Slipper clutch for buggies which don't have a full size one as a hop-up option... i.e. DT-02, DT-03 etc. Motor will need setting back by 4-5mm to get pinion and spur gear to align. Also pinion pitch is wrong for my car, so will need to modify a Tamiya steel pinion to suit...

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

• Like 5

∆ that's an innovative way to slipper...

Couple more bits, big post week this week for me. Been after some of these for a while.

IMG_20170720_223847-1126x751.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martinjpayne said:

Slipper clutch for buggies which don't have a full size one as a hop-up option... i.e. DT-02, DT-03 etc. Motor will need setting back by 4-5mm to get pinion and spur gear to align. Also pinion pitch is wrong for my car, so will need to modify a Tamiya steel pinion to suit...

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Are you from an engineering background?

14 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Are you from an engineering background?

Yes, ex Dockyard Electrical Fitter: then mostly in consumer electronics and the defence sector.

A hands on sort of person... though now caring for my sick wife. (with all that free time to play with RC cars 😁)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martinjpayne said:

Yes, ex Dockyard Electrical Fitter: then mostly in consumer electronics and the defence sector.

A hands on sort of person... though now caring for my sick wife. (with all that free time to play with RC cars 😁)

That's spooky! 😮

I'm ex- ASWE/ARE. I don't work, and my wife is my carer. 

I'm pretty thick but good with hands stuff.

• Like 1

Nothing today :(

Am waiting for the additional UJ drive shaft for my Twin Detonator. It was posted on Wednesday and usually stuff from Tony arrives next day. But nothing yesterday not today.

I hope it's not lost in the black hole that is the Royal Mail. It seems to have been the last one available.

On 7/20/2017 at 0:29 PM, martinjpayne said:

Got one of these to modify and fit onto my Tamiya DT-02.

IMG_0300.jpg

Didn't realise those existed! 

Brilliant. 

12 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Didn't realise those existed! 

Brilliant. 

I only found out about them when I was online looking at the instructions of a Carisma GT40RS touring car with a view to buying one and converting it to rally use! 

• Like 1

This turned up yesterday but I wasn't in so collected today. In genuine new built condition but looks like it came from a smokers room so will take a few days for that smell to go off whilst in the garage. Small chip on roof by the sunroof where the molding was probably pulled off rather a than cut but can touch up and repair with black gloss. Other than that it has been really nicely built, painted and for once the stickers have been applied to the same level of care I would give. Fully ballraced and has a TBLE-02S fitted. Nice period correct radio gear too. 

Amazon Pass My Parcel managed to lose my WT01N Amarok despite 3 days of assurances and being out for delivery to their local collect store once it disappeared. Probably stolen but they are sending another out. 

IMG_20170722_101908-1171x751.jpg

• Like 2

I got my NIB Honda City Turbo today.

I was browsing on eBay and it came up at a nice price delivered and the ESC is included.

• Like 1