backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

s-l1600 (2)

near mint example of a Rough Rider. Going straight on the shelf :P

MINT 400 perhaps?? :D

7 hours ago, moffman said:

Ya got your work cut out with that one mate:huh:!  Mind you the chassis look's all intact! My one was just the same 30+ years of dust and grime but a bit of TLC and elbow grease! Had to settle for tinted windscreen for now! 

IMG_20170815_084311.jpg

That's a sweet looking Ranger ranger! I'm kind of cheating a bit & have a chassis pre-prepared for this already, just need to swap a couple of bits over...

35748315174_12f582817a_c.jpg

• Like 2

It looks like the holy grail front and back windscreens are all intact? 

My new rere Wild One turned up rtr.

Very happy with it, the drivers needs painting and the stickers adding but that's all.

13 hours ago, moffman said:

It looks like the holy grail front and back windscreens are all intact? 

Yep, both parts are present. One of the mounting tabs for the front screen has cracked off but luckily it's still there & cracked in a place that won't be seen when glued.

• Like 1

Tamiya Avante 2011 (58489)

High Capacity Dampers Front and Rear (84300/84301)

Racing Steering Set (84256)

Torque Splitter set (84257)

2017-08-16_13_26_59.jpg

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, wilysloth said:

2017-08-16_13_26_59.jpg

Very nice delivery 👍

3 hours ago, wilysloth said:

Very nice indeed. The HiCaps - forgive my ignorance, I thought the Avante came with those already? 

I hadn't really considered hop ups for the Avante, but those look very tasty :) 

My transponder and some spur gears for the Lazer arrived today. Great service from Amain Hobbies, i think it was $2 shipping and took about 10 days. I'm disappointed the RCMart order I made at the same time didn't arrive too as I could have laid it all out and taken a photo, I've never had one of those big orders of small stuff that seem frequent on this page!

Pajero I bought off percymon turned up. 😁

Finally one of those orders like i see on here all the time but have never made myself. This is actually 2 deliveries, transponder, shock tower, spur gears and pinions for the racecars, and 3 sets of square spikes (TT02B kit tyres) and pinions for TT02B, Boomerang and Novafox. 

20170818_152242.thumb.jpg.54aeadb413edc4b1afa3d1159b8c9cc3.jpg

I made a Banggood order a few days ago, I wish they shipped them all together but 12 items will come in 6 deliveries. That inlcudes a new soldering iron so I can finally swap over all those Tamiya plugs...or ruin 4 TBLE-02S, 2 chargers and a battery...

• Like 3

3 x Driver heads.... one for a Sonic Fighter, a F103GT Advan Courage and a F104W Wolf WR1...... give me a few weeks to paint them though they are quite detailed.... and the last 2 cars are still NIB waiting to be built.

Tb0GT5f.jpg

• Like 10

On 8/18/2017 at 0:59 PM, Jason1145 said:

3 x Driver heads.... one for a Sonic Fighter, a F103GT Advan Courage and a F104W Worf WR1...... give me a few weeks to paint them though they are quite detailed.... and the last 2 cars are still NIB waiting to be built.

Looking forward to seeing these painted up! 👍

• Thanks 1

Two Overlander 5000mah battery packs. These will better fit our cars than the Powertech 4500mah ones, I have, that are too big for some of the chassis.

Two packs of JB Weld to have handy. Only really need 1 but it was a deal on Amazon. Will use some to re-thread some stripped screw holes.

Blackfoot C parts tree - mainly for the rear wheel hubs as I thought my original ones might need replacing, but they're ok.

3 x Driver heads.... one for a Sonic Fighter, a F103GT Advan Courage and a F104W Wolf WR1...... give me a few weeks to paint them though they are quite detailed.... and the last 2 cars are still NIB waiting to be built.

where did you get them from and how much...

they are brilliant

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topforcein said:

where did you get them from and how much...

they are brilliant

Yeah as Mongoose linked just above, HeadHunters on etsy... I missed that thread about them by Mongoose on TC and found them from a gruesome ( both tiring and in the form they took!) Google search... and only after buying my 3 did I spot that some come pre painted... bah!

My 3 cost £32 posted from USA to U.K which was great.... then the obligigatory Royal Mail customs demand of £14... total now of £46... double bah ;)

• Like 1

Which head is for which model?