backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Which head is for which model?

I can't decide, should a Sonic Fighter have a skeleton driver? Think so.

This means the bearded guy is going into either a F1 car or an open cockpit LeMans car.

31 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

I can't decide, should a Sonic Fighter have a skeleton driver? Think so.

This means the bearded guy is going into either a F1 car or an open cockpit LeMans car.

If it were me, beardyman would go in the Sonic Fighter. Offroad buggies have always had a bit of an older person vibe, at least in my head, probably because it was my granddad and his mates who raced them when I was a youngster. I can imagine an ex-fighter pilot wanting to relive some of his past glories by racing a jet-inspired buggy in later life, once he had retired and grown some facial hair.

The high-tech black arts of F1 and LMP racing however speak more to the idea of being driven by a damned soul possessing a skeletal body. The F1, being minimalist compared to the LeMans car, would get the clean skull while the LMP would get the chap with the rotting flesh as there is more to it than the F1.

11 hours ago, bjorklo said:

More parts for my Top Force

A396EFEF-B937-46CD-9841-E3685E302585_zps

Now I know who makes a alloy motor mount cheers! I've not used my top force properly yet because I've got brushless in it and it's probably not wise to give it the beans with a plastic motor mount?

17 minutes ago, moffman said:

Now I know who makes a alloy motor mount cheers! I've not used my top force properly yet because I've got brushless in it and it's probably not wise to give it the beans with a plastic motor mount?

Your welcome :) 

I'm not sure how well the plastic mount would be with a brushless motor, but i would guess it will last a while. But yeah you should get an alu motor mount. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

If it were me, beardyman would go in the Sonic Fighter. Offroad buggies have always had a bit of an older person vibe, at least in my head, probably because it was my granddad and his mates who raced them when I was a youngster. I can imagine an ex-fighter pilot wanting to relive some of his past glories by racing a jet-inspired buggy in later life, once he had retired and grown some facial hair.

The high-tech black arts of F1 and LMP racing however speak more to the idea of being driven by a damned soul possessing a skeletal body. The F1, being minimalist compared to the LeMans car, would get the clean skull while the LMP would get the chap with the rotting flesh as there is more to it than the F1.

Sold to the man st the back, this'll be the outlay now cheers ;)

• Like 1

Postman arrived this morning with this lovely set and while I was waiting I decided to go brushless! Did originally put 11turn brushed in it but had the brushless sitting around so thought "AHH I'll give it a go" but one small snag! I have no lipo's or lipo charger:rolleyes: and a side snag the wife is starting to query why and how a lot of RC stuff is appearing through the post so the lipo stuff may have to wait until the heat dies down:ph34r:!!!

IMG_20170819_095441.jpg

IMG_20170819_095841.jpg

IMG_20170819_095910.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, moffman said:

Postman arrived this morning with this lovely set and while I was waiting I decided to go brushless! Did originally put 11turn brushed in it but had the brushless sitting around so thought "AHH I'll give it a go" but one small snag! I have no lipo's or lipo charger:rolleyes: and a side snag the wife is starting to query why and how a lot of RC stuff is appearing through the post so the lipo stuff may have to wait until the heat dies down:ph34r:!!!

Haha I have that same problem right now, the one thing I had signed off was a transponder and somehow that became over 20 things...and I need another shorty pack within a couple of weeks as a mate is going to come racing next race meet, using my car. Not sure how it will work out, I'm thinking the best bet is to buy secondhand in cash from someone at the club...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Haha I have that same problem right now, the one thing I had signed off was a transponder and somehow that became over 20 things...and I need another shorty pack within a couple of weeks as a mate is going to come racing next race meet, using my car. Not sure how it will work out, I'm thinking the best bet is to buy secondhand in cash from someone at the club...

Good idea I like ya thinking;)! I don't know yet what my strategy will be? one hard case lipo that looks like a NiMH Might get passed but the charger I'm thinking no chance especially because when it comes to anything that needs working out on any type of computer screen (no Matter how small) I'm lost! I generally get my kids to show me then the usual conversation in the moffman pad starts with "mam dad's being thick again" and that Leeds to "why" and then my cover is blown:unsure:!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moffman said:

Good idea I like ya thinking;)! I don't know yet what my strategy will be? one hard case lipo that looks like a NiMH Might get passed but the charger I'm thinking no chance especially because when it comes to anything that needs working out on any type of computer screen (no Matter how small) I'm lost! I generally get my kids to show me then the usual conversation in the moffman pad starts with "mam dad's being thick again" and that Leeds to "why" and then my cover is blown:unsure:!

Once again, secondhand and pay cash! And then make sure its a simple one to use  and get a lesson from the seller

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 10:11 AM, topforcein said:

where did you get them from and how much...

they are brilliant

By the way, I know Mark (https://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=39554) listed his heads on the main TC page but the sale was "moderated". Ever since then he left the Club, which back then I thought was pretty sad. I personally believe his creations are top notch -the Psycho Miko head and variations for Wild Willy and Grasshopper are nothing short of amazing!

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 8:51 AM, Badcrumble said:

A slight miscalculation when ordering tyres...

Yikes is that a 2.8" or 3.8" tyre??

I just ordered some gold wheels and some separate tyres for either my TT02 or TL01 ( incoming), hope I fair better than you ;)

21 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

By the way, I know Mark (https://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=39554) listed his heads on the main TC page but the sale was "moderated". Ever since then he left the Club, which back then I thought was pretty sad. I personally believe his creations are top notch -the Psycho Miko head and variations for Wild Willy and Grasshopper are nothing short of amazing!

thank you very much.... i have book marked his site so when i have the cash i will order

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Yikes is that a 2.8" or 3.8" tyre??

I just ordered some gold wheels and some separate tyres for either my TT02 or TL01 ( incoming), hope I fair better than you ;)

The tyre is for the 58589 Landcruiser GF-01. I thought I had got the wheels for it but they turn out to be 57mm in diameter, not 75!!! Whoops!

Can't seem to find those standard black GF-01 wheels outside of the kit. 

On 8/19/2017 at 10:18 AM, moffman said:

and a side snag the wife is starting to query why and how a lot of RC stuff is appearing through the post so the lipo stuff may have to wait until the heat dies down:ph34r:!!!

5 words: Ebay. Argos. Click. And. Collect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks for the link but I couldn't get it to work 😔

eBay item number: 292161215656

• Thanks 1

Over the briney sea the Devil came to me. My street devil showed up today. I'll need to smooth some edges as its a new built..... by someone else. :(.

Box. I instructions and new built chassis. And a box of oxo cubes as a bonus. Thanks Matt Nash. 

• Like 1

Today I got a bunker post pay-day haul of f103 parts,  a new bodyshell, turnigy esc and 21.5t brushless motor along with the programming card, a can of ps-46 and ps-5 to paint the aforementioned bodyshell, a carbon fibre axle, lightweight diff parts and carbon reinforced steering knuckles. I've also just realised that I totally forgot to order a new driver figure for the body and there's no overspray film on the body so I've just had to order a driver figure and tamiya 87164 masking material. 

Looks like I'm going to be busy today and tomorrow. 

• Like 2

My new soldering iron arrived today, unfortunately still waiting on all the other stuff since Banggood ship from multiple locations. Amazing they can send something to NZ and the total cost including shipping is a few dollars.

• Like 2