backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

18 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Today I got a bunker post pay-day haul of f103 parts,  a new bodyshell, turnigy esc and 21.5t brushless motor along with the programming card, a can of ps-46 and ps-5 to paint the aforementioned bodyshell, a carbon fibre axle, lightweight diff parts and carbon reinforced steering knuckles. I've also just realised that I totally forgot to order a new driver figure for the body and there's no overspray film on the body so I've just had to order a driver figure and tamiya 87164 masking material. 

Looks like I'm going to be busy today and tomorrow. 

I've used those same steering knuckles on my Hornet, Striker and Sonic Fighter and boy are they tough.. you might need to ream out the hole for the ball connector to screw in.. that'll be a task and a half!

F103 what a nice chassis, I've yet to build my GT version.

Best bargain I've ever found for under £20, even if doesn't work! From what i can tell it actually just needs a good wipe over & the aerial wire extending

36753359945_0d7ed40122_z.jpg

Also had enough bearings arrive to kit out 4 SRB's currently being worked on & had to buy this just for the lights on the tailgate, to replace the ones snapped off my ranger, hopefully I'll be able to re-purpose the other parts rather than waste them

35920473194_615354d6c2_c.jpg

• Like 3

Got a QD monster Beetle finally. I've wanted one since I saw videos of brushless ones bombing around on youtube, takes to brushless better than the full size version!

There's a couple of Radio Shack trucks based on the same platform that are also great but the Tamiya variant has the big advantage of being designed to accept bearings.

The stickers will probably have to come off and there's the odd scratch and scuff but overall pretty reasonable condition.

Bearings tonight and then brushless in a few days

3ZUVeNM.jpg
au29gw0.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I've used those same steering knuckles on my Hornet, Striker and Sonic Fighter and boy are they tough.. you might need to ream out the hole for the ball connector to screw in.. that'll be a task and a half!

F103 what a nice chassis, I've yet to build my GT version.

Thanks for the tip, I eventually managed to get the ball studs to fit using a combination of brute force, ignorance, guesswork and drilling out the holes a wee bit. Tamiya really don't like to make some things easy do they? 

Thanks to graemevw I now have a new Brat body to paint up. I'd slightly melted my shelfer shell when I screwed up the paintwork for the umpteenth time and used the wrong solvent to strip it. And so my nightmare begins anew! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHH!!!!

I'd also got these Fastrax body post things which will, hopefully, help to sort out my botched up body post holes on my HPI Lancia Stratos runner shell.

(BTW I'm really hoping my facebook pics embed ok. I ain't going to bother with any 3rd Party hosting sites anymore. Photobucket really rubbed me the wrong way.)

Some more hop ups for the Konghead, damper pump and a cheap dvd for a monster truck obsessed 2.5 year old

IMG_0420.jpg

• Like 2

Slipper pinion arrived!

Does anyone know the pitch of these? 

20170824_105520.jpg

A metric ton of j-parts, ball diffs and other bits to hopefully keep my Terra Conqueror afloat as a vintage contender. Some Egress and Avante bits as well for good measure. 
Now I just need to decide whether to upgrade the Terra Conqueror or build a Top Force and dress it in the Terra Conqueror body. 

IMG_4617 copy.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Slipper pinion arrived!

Does anyone know the pitch of these? 

If it's a 20 tooth pinion like mine, I think it's 06 module.

OD in mm / (number teeth + 2)

I needed an 08 module, so turned an aluminium pinion to fit...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martinjpayne said:

I think it's 06 module.

Information is quite thin on the ground!

Planning on it going on a kyosho ultima, so I can run a tasty motor without flipping the thing 🙄😁

On 6/20/2017 at 3:34 AM, iluvmud said:

also the Postman loves me today......

Got in my Egress parts.. thank you Mr @Tamiya Era !!

You are very welcome dear :-)

On 25/07/2017 at 8:25 PM, ThunderDragonCy said:

2017-07-25_08-23-41

The elusive J parts. What could I be planning?......

Thunder, Please let me know how you get on and what you think? Assuming it is a certain kit you are getting and not applying these to something completely different :)

My bargain Bruiser arrived. This will be my Christmas vacation build and probably my entire winter paint project. 

IMG_9785.JPG

• Like 2

Always good to get a new box to open at lunch time.  Tyres to continue the M07 build tonight.  Nothing fancy, just something to get around the driveway on for now.  The Tamiya tyre cementing helper to see if that makes things easier.

MZI1mXy.jpg

Also got some grub screws to attach the stabilizer bars to the XV01 but now I'm looking at them I might have bought the wrong ones.

• Like 2

I received this Nikko truck, shown here next to a Twin Detonator for scale!

3e87qEg.jpg?1

People often buy these trucks just for the shell thinking the chassis is rubbish but it actually belongs to a family of chassis designed by the Nikko Tec department and is on par with at least entry level hobby grade once you sort the components out. It's really strong and has metal diff gears and chunky mod 1.0 pinions and spur gears and the spur gears have spring loaded shock absorbing mechanisms built into them.

The interesting thing is that it's essentially the same chassis as the Hercules but with an extension plate between the front and rear axles and a larger body shell.

4DacfSG.jpg

The Hercules is one of the twin motor 4x4 models.

I'm going to take the chassis extension and body shell and mate it with the Hercules to make a huge dual motor beast. Add some 550 motors or maybe even dual brushless, oil shocks, bearings and a decent servo and it should be pretty fun! It's way back on the list of projects at the moment but I have the basic idea down! 

I was also very kindly gifted this Radio Shack Audi Quattro!

NGxGmEX.jpg

This is another Nikko design and was quite desirable in it's time. The internals are surprisingly reminiscent of the earlier hobby grade stuff, in particular the rear gearbox assembly is made out of metal plates held together with cross bars and the rudimentary suspension also reminds me of old kits. I'm probably going to convert it to hobby grade components and put a slightly faster motor in there. A hobby servo will fit in very easily by the looks of it.

• Like 3

today I got a Tamiya t-shirt, a Blackfoot body, pink adjusters and yellow gears for my f-1

• Like 1

On 29/08/2017 at 10:18 PM, mman2005 said:

Thunder, Please let me know how you get on and what you think? Assuming it is a certain kit you are getting and not applying these to something completely different :)

Check out The Builds forum dude. Terra Conqueror Evolution  thread. Been a bit sporadic due to being on holiday but you will get the gist 😆