backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Bought this from Stellamodels. I didn't even have a chassis for it when I paid for it but won one and hopefully will be posting it up here next week.

Would also like the Alfa GTA and the Beetle bodies.

l6So1Bn.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What are you using now? I need one or two and can't decide

Turnigy nano tech

l7ARBZE.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Does this mean Import Tax to be paid? 

Yup, though not on the parcel I expected. GF01 servo guard and some CC01 dampers from Japan. I'd forgotten I'd ordered them at the same time :wacko:

Still think I'm under the price of buying them locally, even with the import duty and £8 post office tax. :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TeaMonster said:

Turnigy nano tech

l7ARBZE.jpg

I've had no issues with mine, or the 5100 saddle either.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Got the Super shot project today 

C8C17D22-A0B6-4A61-BF2E-44C95CCE99E5_zps

Interesting Bumper ! Must be after market ? . Looks like a good start project ha , alot of work & parts needed . 

From what i can see , body looks good for it's age . 

I always forget to post here, so today I received:

Blackfoot 2016 x2

Top Force Dampers

Sway Bar ends to try on CAT XLS

Bruiser Sleeper cab

20170901_224550.thumb.jpg.3d137c515812d3b6ddc1a0c96660f1be.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matman said:

Interesting Bumper ! Must be after market ? . Looks like a good start project ha , alot of work & parts needed . 

From what i can see , body looks good for it's age . 

Yeah, i have no idea what bumper that is.  I haven't looked to much on which parts that are missing, but for sure one damper tower and the dampers. 

The body and wing will for sure be used due to it's good condition and to get that special survival look. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Yeah, i have no idea what bumper that is.  I haven't looked to much on which parts that are missing, but for sure one damper tower and the dampers. 

The body and wing will for sure be used due to it's good condition and to get that special survival look. 

I haven't seen a bumper like that before either. I might have some loose bits for your rebuild, things are starting to seem like normal around here again, so drop me a line on things I might help you out with.

3 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

I haven't seen a bumper like that before either. I might have some loose bits for your rebuild, things are starting to seem like normal around here again, so drop me a line on things I might help you out with.

Sure will do :)  just don't know when i will ba able to start the project, might not be this year :P 

Picked these up from another forum last week. Going to use the brushless setup in my TA02 Widetrack and the brushed setup will be saved for one of the boys buggies once they get the hang of them :)

36150028954_7044214f93_b.jpg36150016854_44a229d491_b.jpg36150016974_e19440385d_b.jpg36814610332_8443c2eb59_b.jpg36589104460_df79309dca_z.jpg

• Like 2

Package arrived today.

IIb4OOV.jpg

And inside is my plug for the M07 servo screw hole.  Shapeways, maybe just an envelope next time?

YnP7i3H.jpg

• Like 2

Snap blista...

This box contained two pinions, which I have been waiting since the 21st of July for! Looks like it went via Switzerland??? 😒

IywJ6lx.jpg

• Haha 1

work has been busy the last couple of months, but I've still been able to buy a few things:

possible choice of rims for my Kyosho MGB

recent-purchases-1.jpg

Managed to snare some hornet parts. I don't know whats in the front, but its heavy and in there very well.

recent-purchases-2.jpg

A Parma Volvo 850 BTCC sedan body, no decals though, but I can cope with that.

recent-purchases-3jpg.jpg

Some wheels and alloy disc brakes for my Volvo 850 BTCC Estate build. There are also some generic pieces like muffler, windscreen wipers etc

recent-purchases-4.jpg

An old frog. Its in better condition that it looks and the original owner use to race it.

recent-purchases-5.jpg

And lastly, some possible candidates as drivers, although I'll have to try and paint them.

recent-purchases-6.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

@Yogi Bear I'd leave the figures in black and white to keep that Sin City cool/gritty factor. 

that's not a bad idea, I could do a vehicle in the same theme too.

• Like 1

Some foam body washers... these should help stop any paint from chipping on the inside of my shells. and alloy rear hubs for my Sonic Fighter

VOyXdXZ.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

That'd be seriously awesome, you know you want to do it. 

sure do! I'll have to watch the movie again to get some ideas :D although don't hold your breathe, it might take me a little while to get too :lol:

White parts for a TT02 project sometime in the future (just as Tamiya announce a TT02 White Special  kit!)

IMG_0032.jpg

Sadly no HiCaps which were ordered a week before the TT02 parts. Everything else I've ordered from rcmart recently has come through nicely, so :unsure:

• Like 1

Finally got the last necessary bits for my M07 build.  Now the endless upgrading can begin.

oF01SiA.jpg

• Like 2