backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

I've not seen a postman for 4 days due to the weather - not that i'm waiting for much, and this time of year he probably brings more bills than goodies, so I can't say i'm too worried lol!

• Sad 1

a batch of suspension bits for Boomerang (or similar) also many parts including 2 Nr Chassis for Bigwig, new radio gear, tire glue, tool box, Tamiya tool set and 2 A2 self healing mats. Getting ready for builds at Christmas.

I also done a deal on a well used but modded Pumpkin so its winging its way to me (from the two I have I should get a decent one up and running with lots of mods and have enough to sell a stock rolling chassis(one I bough has a Scooby shell on it, looks quite smart in pics too so will have to see what looks best when it arrives.

5 hours ago, novicelad said:

Sort of in the post 

uc?export=view&id=1s4mK5Ql6wm7wk3CZxKQRn

Niiice! 

I have one and also a Nikko Scorpion III which is basically the same truck in red. That one has a brushless motor now lol.

Did you buy it for the whole truck or just the body?

First postie day for almost a week due to the weather, and a set of blue plated wheels from TC member geehawk 

They always seem to lose the top of the exhausts

looks pretty decent . I might have a few bits n bobs left over in a spares drawer, I’ll have a look what I’ve got if anything 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Percymon said:

They always seem to lose the top of the exhausts

looks pretty decent . I might have a few bits n bobs left over in a spares drawer, I’ll have a look what I’ve got if anything 

Sounds promising! I need to strip it down and make a list of what's missing. Off the top of my head the front bumper, servo mounts and spline, bolts to hold the motors in and battery cover (the one that's removable)

The tyres are good though which was one of my main concerns, it seems to be mechanically sound on the whole just a few trivial fixes. I'll know more when I strip it all down.

3 weeks after the seller said he posted it this turned up :) It had a post mark from yesterday so the seller is a lying *******, but never mind. 

Its gonna get added to the pile of future projects that are slowly building up. 

39000291022_3407520458_b.jpg39000291082_0f518fc136_b.jpg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Sounds promising! I need to strip it down and make a list of what's missing. Off the top of my head the front bumper, servo mounts and spline, bolts to hold the motors in and battery cover (the one that's removable)

The tyres are good though which was one of my main concerns, it seems to be mechanically sound on the whole just a few trivial fixes. I'll know more when I strip it all down.

Justm had a look and whilst i still have some upper mounts for a 4 link kit they're not going to be any use - the rest of what i have Clod related is..

4 new axles (just the steel rods)

A complete NIP Gear set

Rest of my spares are just a bundle of screws, kingpins, ball studs of various sizes 

Not much really, sorry for getting your hopes up !

25 minutes ago, Percymon said:

Justm had a look and whilst i still have some upper mounts for a 4 link kit they're not going to be any use - the rest of what i have Clod related is..

4 new axles (just the steel rods)

A complete NIP Gear set

Rest of my spares are just a bundle of screws, kingpins, ball studs of various sizes 

Not much really, sorry for getting your hopes up !

Not at all, thank you for the thought!

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Niiice! 

I have one and also a Nikko Scorpion III which is basically the same truck in red. That one has a brushless motor now lol.

Did you buy it for the whole truck or just the body?

Didn't buy it a guy at work found it and gave it to me. Plan is to get it running and give to my daughter

Todays arrival, only taken about 8 weeks..

63_D8_B1_D3-10_FC-4_E64-_BBA2-17630_C44_

F5_AD84_BD-74_FA-4479-_B613-6582_EFAB10_

Supposedly WLToys 1/18th scale, which i thought might be of use on M chassis - turns out they are standard 1:10 on road wheels and tyres.

Not complaining for under a tenner delivered for alloy rims, tyres and tyre foams.

• Like 1

Not a straightforward delivery but my Tamico Advent deal Monster Beetle arrived

tJJiu3aoepr2fmMYcBxlBUfN4uB7b6z3oHF76_un

I ordered it thinking, based on my last order from them, it would likely be delivered today when I was off work.

As it turned out, it was ready to be delivered yesterday. Fortunately UK Mail allow you to change the delivery day, which I did from yesterday to today. Their tracking updated and said it would be delivered today instead.

So this morning I was checking the tracking on and off (we all do that right?) to make sure it was out for delivery. By about 11am, nothing had changed. The tracking said it was at the delivery depot and would be delivered today. But I'd have expected it to say it was out for delivery or something.

So, just wanting to make sure it would come today, I went looking for a phone number for UK Mail. I found one but, despite their website saying you can speak to an agent, no way could I find how to speak to somebody.

Then I remembered a former work colleague of mine went to work for them. So I dropped I'm a message to ask if he could give a number I could speak to somebody on. He went one better, took the consignment number and looked into it himself. He found out that the delivery driver had actually left my parcel behind! Fortunately he was able to pull some strings and about an hour later, a lady delivered it by car.

• Like 5

tamico box also for me

M07_003.jpg

M07_004.jpg

M-07, mx-5 body, tyres and some bits and hopup.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Not a straightforward delivery but my Tamico Advent deal Monster Beetle arrived

tJJiu3aoepr2fmMYcBxlBUfN4uB7b6z3oHF76_un

I ordered it thinking, based on my last order from them, it would likely be delivered today when I was off work.

As it turned out, it was ready to be delivered yesterday. Fortunately UK Mail allow you to change the delivery day, which I did from yesterday to today. Their tracking updated and said it would be delivered today instead.

So this morning I was checking the tracking on and off (we all do that right?) to make sure it was out for delivery. By about 11am, nothing had changed. The tracking said it was at the delivery depot and would be delivered today. But I'd have expected it to say it was out for delivery or something.

So, just wanting to make sure it would come today, I went looking for a phone number for UK Mail. I found one but, despite their website saying you can speak to an agent, no way could I find how to speak to somebody.

Then I remembered a former work colleague of mine went to work for them. So I dropped I'm a message to ask if he could give a number I could speak to somebody on. He went one better, took the consignment number and looked into it himself. He found out that the delivery driver had actually left my parcel behind! Fortunately he was able to pull some strings and about an hour later, a lady delivered it by car.

What we do to get our stuff 😀😀😀. Even though if they will be in their box for some time, before building them.

A box:

GBYTTBd.jpg

Containing:

xdtT2UH.jpg

fgtTlLW.jpg

MRE9sBz.jpg

Off forum member "Hitch" - Thank you very much for packing it so well and it arriving safely. Top man :D

• Like 7

I got these tires and wheels off eBay for my xv-01.  I put the tires on my stock wheels with soft foam inserts.  They work awesome in the snow! 

39089923601_47f6284d72_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

27312568219_2f683f7b35_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 2

Today my 2018 BRCA card arrived! Nice and quick - I only renewed my membership on Thursday.

Hello!

I am Martin from Vienna (Austria). This is my first post here, but I thought I had to share my latest eBay find.

It`s a Wrangler with a Kyosho Sierra Cosworth (I didn`t know about this model before I found this) on a trailer (unknown brand or homemade?).

I was really worried about the items arriving undamaged, but thanks to good packaging everything arrived intact.

In the next days, I will add a remote and do a test drive. It looks like it was never running outdoors.

I was looking for a decent wrangler for some time now and got double lucky now as I picked up a re-re a month ago, brand new with only the chassis been built.

So long!

image.thumb.png.bd0f5dca2998d9ed021041da90623912.png

• Like 2