backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

11 hours ago, grimlock said:

Got this today. Now need some plans for the second shell.

Would it be considered a crime to finish/restore the vintage bodies with re-re parts?

brat.JPG

Everyone has their opinions but in my mind if the model has been used and has marks, and you intend to use it then there's nothing wrong with re-re parts.  If you want it to be restored to a pristine vintage shelf queen, as though just built ,then for the highest sale price to a collector then it would have to be original parts.  Without a full original box and manual the resale value is affected also. If you wanted a pristine original shelf queen it would possibly be cheaper to seek out a vintage kit, rather than sourcing new in packet vintage spares.

• Like 1

First time I've seen these for sale so had to have them.

IMG_20180105_165900.jpg

8 hours ago, Percymon said:

Tamiyas shim set in thicknesses of 0.1, 0.2, 0.5mm are the thickness of the shim, and the other measurement is the internal diameter.

Spacer sets such as the 5.5mm items are the external diameter, majority based on 3mm internals to fit over suspension pins or M3 screws

Perfect thanks for this. None of the sites that sell them explained that, I didn't check tamoya themselves though. 

I got lucky and a store here had the TC body I want (Bittydesign M410) on sale so I asked if they had shims too. They don't but the owner has thrown some in from his personal supply, score! 

Part 53585 is the 3mm shim set in 0.1mm, 0.2mm, and 0.3mm.

Part 53586 is the 4mm shim set (same thicknesses as 53585 I think)

Part 53587 is the 5mm shim set. (same thicknesses as 53585 I think)

I used them recently in a fit of slop-eradication.... There might well be others.

• Like 1

Tamico's offer of the (last) week, a shiny new Calsonic TB03, an Alloy Prop shaft for it along with an Alloy battery bar, plus 4 x free AA's

UyRKiUk.jpg

• Like 6

Today I got some DT02 bits, JazRider rear hubs and front c hubs, from Germany a front Shock tower brace, and a Carson set of rear dog bones.

M03/TL01 quick battery release and 2 x Yeah Racing ESC LED Plate kits of which I've just fitted the blue one to my ABC Hobby M CHassis, very nice it is too.

ICrC6Ar.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JhbGPJE.jpg

Getting prepared to knock out some painting next week, just waiting on a body to arrive.  Haven't used the masking tape for curves before and I'm hoping it'll give me some tidy wheel arches.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, futureworks said:

I'm always amazed at what can still tun up in online hobby shops... This lot came from a couple of shops in Europe: some TA03 hop up parts which are quite hard to come by now, and from another store some clear blue gearbox parts for the TB Evo IV, which are incredibly rare (part no. 49363 and marked on the package as 'Tamiya After Market', which I think means they were only sold briefly at trade shows). I've been looking for these Evo parts for ages, so when I saw 2 sets, I felt it wise to have both!

fullsizeoutput_28f.jpeg

Hello.

Would you please be so kind to tell me which european shops I have to visit to find such rare parts? I am searching a lot of rare parts for unfinished projects.

If you want, drop me a PM.

Thank you very much.

ernieks

Not the postie but I was in poundland and saw 2 on the  shelf the I happen  to look up and saw the box on the top of the shelf's so I went through  it and got all but one. A nice little mustang collection. 

1515431680536-1818483113.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ernieks said:

Hello.

Would you please be so kind to tell me which european shops I have to visit to find such rare parts? I am searching a lot of rare parts for unfinished projects.

If you want, drop me a PM.

Thank you very much.

ernieks

Yeah me too😀

Please

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

A re-re TA03F Pro Drift Spec from 2011 - basically a TA03F Pro chassis kit but with drift wheels and tyres rather than touring car ones, and black rather than grey plastic chassis parts. 

908A19F1-2086-4183-9AA3-B11315184366.jpeg

Nice is it off eBay? I was tempted by one of those but already have a R TRF and hop ups are pretty rare and expensive 😮

I always appreciate when someone packs something safely.  In this case it's from rcMart.

qdPAaKF.jpg

It's my new Bronco shell.  I told myself this and the WRX beside it would be the last bodies I'd paint before the end of summer here.  Still not sure I trust myself to follow through on that.

D5jcmcK.jpg

Now the decision of whether I go for a CR01, CC01, or an MST CFX chassis can begin.

• Like 3

Another impulse (slightly drunken) purchase, I hated my last one of these so much I broke it for parts & converted the chassis for a WW2 body. This is a little bit interesting in that it's a new build using some TL01 parts & Votec wheels to give it a much more purposeful look. It came with a load of random sprues & gearbox parts too which was a bonus.

25759661128_c535270ba6_b.jpg27853565429_fd9504b82f_b.jpg

• Like 1

Not in the mailbox yet, but I scored a Cox Gallop MK1 on ebay for 190 USD with a broken rear roll cage. I have the ebay pics but  will update after delivery.5a57943f2b775_ScreenShot2018-01-11at11_41_33AM.png.9b4e66968067e3371d3e10fe3641a9bb.png

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

8 hours ago, 53HRA said:

NUXvwlx.jpg

EcpSxPL.jpg

Off TC member PAPA MR 33 :) 

thats a very nice m3. i was gonna say you ay been into penn have you and i noticed its of a member

My Flysky remote turned up, so I can get rid of my multiple remotes and just have one for all :D

uc?export=view&id=17lDf4SsTdeAlpB4ymTnXv

Just checked out Jauce.com. Very interesting. How do the fees stack up generally? How do the customs charges work out at sub 50 pounds items?

26 minutes ago, futureworks said:

Some parts which I bought from Yahoo's Japanese auction site through the 3rd party site jauce.com. First time I've used this service because I thought it was mega expensive (lots of buying fees to pay), but in this case it worked out very well as I got both items with very low bids, which meant no customs charges and lower fees generally. I'd been looking for the 49370 F201 Steering Arm for well over 2 years, so glad to finally have one! The other part is a set of 49363 clear blue gear case covers for the TB Evo IV, which I'll sell on.

fullsizeoutput_292.jpeg

Very nice very rare👍

I have seen 3 items on there that I want all been sold by the same seller and as a job lot🙂 perfect.......just don't know how to bid or buy😕