backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

So far this week, another core micro rx, a core tx (picking up Saturday, so does it count on this thread? 🤔), traxxas shocks for the bullhead, the back order parts for the RB5, and 8 hpi 15t motors! 🙄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

Got a fan  my tble02s for my monster beetle. Looking at the instructions i am shocked to see to install the fan you use double sided tape. That is the best they can come up with

81920D75-6668-4628-A6BF-79ABE38B7879.jpeg

as long as you use quality tape their should be no problem

10 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Thats strange given the fan is recommended for 10.5T motors which are within spec for the ESC. It made me check my TBLE-02S and sure enough, no mounting points for a fan. My others all have screw holes...maybe its a sign you need to upgrade the ESC too...

I wouldnt upgrade the esc unless it blows. I have to much already thrown into the beetle considering it really handles like crap and is more for nostaglia

• Like 1

Sway bar kit for my XV-01 and a spring set that won't really work because I forgot my xv-01 is the long damper spec and the springs are too short.  Oh well, I'll keep them for another project. 

39300137014_2266fd5c27_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Also received some M chassis parts for my M-05 project.

39936352822_088cf80d3d_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 2

Picked this up from a local seller, have always wanted a runner YZ10, can anyone tell me what version of the YZ10 it is I am hoping that it is the WCS, don't know if I could be that lucky.

Cheers 

IMG_3219.JPG

Yokomo YZ10 .jpeg

IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

• Like 2

Yesterday I took delivery of a very impulse buy early birthday treat to myself Top Force (2017).

Today the turnbuckle kit arrived for my dt03. 

Sadly no time to do anything with either 🙄

• Like 2

Bracket and mod one pinions arrived so technically I can get the tnx moving now, just gotta figure out how to mount everything now!

• Like 1

I don't post to this thread normally (otherwise I'd probably be on here every day declaring the bits of kit and hop ups and wayward RC purchases....  feels like almost every day - is there an RC-aholics Anonymous thread anywhere? There should be...I digress.....)

Anyway, am feeling chuffed about my new desk clamp / vice.... it's a solid unit designed to be bolted to a work-surface / work-top, but it has sufficient self-weight and mass also to be able to just free stand on my Advanced RC Work Environment Engineering Solution Technology Construction Temporary Deployment Platform Surface.... aka, the kitchen table - without requirement a permanent fixing.

It something I've found I kept needing recently, to hold something in place to work on it, without also having to hold it manually, and it's better than one of those cheap, lightweight and slightly fiddly "third hand" thingies off amazon. This will come in very handy in loads of situations. It cost 22 beer tokens or so. The vice opens to 100mm. As long as the items to clamp are relatively lightweight (as most RC components are), I'm finding it an awesome addition to the tool-box.

Vice

• Like 6

After 3-ish years of waiting, I finally have a complete pack of NOS Parma Grasshopper/Hornet oil filled front shocks.  Yay!

02.01.2018-20.27.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

I don't post to this thread normally (otherwise I'd probably be on here every day declaring the bits of kit and hop ups and wayward RC purchases....  feels like almost every day - is there an RC-aholics Anonymous thread anywhere? There should be...I digress.....)

Anyway, am feeling chuffed about my new desk clamp / vice.... it's a solid unit designed to be bolted to a work-surface / work-top, but it has sufficient self-weight and mass also to be able to just free stand on my Advanced RC Work Environment Engineering Solution Technology Construction Temporary Deployment Platform Surface.... aka, the kitchen table - without requirement a permanent fixing.

It something I've found I kept needing recently, to hold something in place to work on it, without also having to hold it manually, and it's better than one of those cheap, lightweight and slightly fiddly "third hand" thingies off amazon. This will come in very handy in loads of situations. It cost 22 beer tokens or so. The vice opens to 100mm. As long as the items to clamp are relatively lightweight (as most RC components are), I'm finding it an awesome addition to the tool-box.

Vice

Is that the Irwin light engineering vice? It looks just like the one I bought on the weekend and it has transformed my life, just like you say. I told my wife I needed it for DIY stuff but really I just wanted it for rc

• Like 2

Yep those clamps are great, I had to get one restoring my Striker to hold a diff cup that needed to be drilled out a bit as the dog bone was binding... have since used it for many RC jobs ( sawing and filing bits mainly)

• Like 1

My new wheels and tires fro my Thundershot & Terra Scorcher rebuild have arrived as did the sonic cleaner. Put both to good use already.

Two sets of wheels & tires, same only one black one white.

11.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ronnyhotdog said:

Supplies, lovely, lovely supplies.

9AE9BDCE-C2DB-4DDB-9629-4893EAD7EEED.jpeg

I love getting supplies just as much as getting RC parts sometimes.   Last week I used up a 50 dollar gift certificate at my LHS on just supplies, and it felt good.  Nice haul!

• Like 1

Not tamiya to but in the same ball park. It's my little one something like I won on ebay a few days back. Been searching for this for a couple of months so glad I finally got one. :D

IMG_20180203_124259.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, topforcein said:

Not tamiya to but in the same ball park. It's my little one something like I won on ebay a few days back. Been searching for this for a couple of months so glad I finally got one. :D

IMG_20180203_124259.jpg

You got a good one, I have seen about 30 of them so far since Christmas when I found my first one. They(HotWheels) didn’t do the greatest of QC in the decal dept as the strioes and the number 5 don’t always look so lined up. I have already done a custom one to mimic more the Tamiya HCT. it’s over at Instagram and I don’t know how to iPad and photo upload to the forums atm.

4 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

You got a good one, I have seen about 30 of them so far since Christmas when I found my first one. They(HotWheels) didn’t do the greatest of QC in the decal dept as the strioes and the number 5 don’t always look so lined up. I have already done a custom one to mimic more the Tamiya HCT. it’s over at Instagram and I don’t know how to iPad and photo upload to the forums atm.

this one aint that good tbh as there is a bit of the turbo missing but it was the cheapest on ebay so i opted for it fo the time and i hope i will find one my self in due time

Oh, I just saw that, blast these old eyes of mine. I had to go buy an “old man’s”visor style magnifier for working on the small stuff.  I too hope you see one soon enough, it seems that distribution is confusing at best for the year 2017 and I don’t know if it will improve soon or not. It doesn’t help that I think there is literally only one, maybe two HCT per case of 72 cars!!!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topforcein said:

IMG_20180203_124259.jpg

This is my other passion hot wheels!:wub: There's a black version coming out I think in the G case? I always buy one euro card and one American card on my hot wheels the white one is the first of a new casting!

A cheap n cheerful waterproof brushless system, 4300kv should scoot along nicely in something or other, no programme card but it comes factory set as per the sheet which looks ok, LVC at 3.1v only though... mainly bought for the looks!

arpV0Wt.jpg

dxiQzk2.jpg

And for some future head turning action, micro servo's and Y leads

Np3Lmrk.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

A cheap n cheerful waterproof brushless system, 4300kv should scoot along nicely in something or other, no programme card but it comes factory set as per the sheet which looks ok, LVC at 3.1v only though... mainly bought for the looks!

arpV0Wt.jpg

dxiQzk2.jpg

And for some future head turning action, micro servo's and Y leads

Np3Lmrk.jpg

I have the 3000kv motor of that and its a good motor, my DT03 goes well with it over 30mph on 2s. The esc is rather huge though