backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

7 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

:o WHAAAAAT!??? :blink:

My last order took over a month. I had nearly forgotten about it when it finally showed up. 

6 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Same here, RCMart for me is anything from 2 to 6 weeks. And they charge the most for shipping of everyone 

Yep! Ordered on 2/18 and got it yesterday...Was shocked myself! Not sure why they did registered (have to sign for it) mail though..Could have saved a few bucks there. Can't complain though...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lentner3 said:

Have you got a link for these please?

On 1/18/2018 at 6:59 AM, nowinaminute said:

Here we go

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202021233777

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182374794165

These ones on Aliexpress are pretty good too. Work out about £1.70 if you use the app. Maybe not quite as free turning as the "bean" ones (I haven't done a direct comparison though) but certainly still a million miles better than plastic bearings.

http://s.aliexpress.com/rMJNjqUf?fromSns

On 1/18/2018 at 7:18 AM, Juggular said:

[1]  This is where I got my beans:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-685-5x11x4mm-Open-Miniature-Bearings-ball-Mini-Hand-Bearing-Spinner-/162470235664?hash=item25d3fb0e10

[2]  Also, the same person sells 850 bearings for $1 (for 10 & free shipping from China).  Each batch had a couple of binding ones.  But even if you toss out a few, you still get several 850s for less than a $1.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-MR85zz-5x8x2-5mm-Open-Miniature-Bearings-ball-Mini-Hand-Bearing-Spinner/162470094633?hash=item25d3f8e729:g:xSUAAOSw3utY7ZDj

• Like 1

Top deck and small parts from Fibrelyte for my YZ10 94, it was my first time using/ordering from Fibrelyte they where excellent, delivery to Australia was no problem at all and very quick and reasonable.

Also picked up some Lipo trays for the YZ10 from a guy off Old School RC on facebook, I was a bit nervous about this order/ordering anything on facebook but these turned up quick and are of a high quality would definitely recommend using him again.

Now just waiting for TBG to deliver the YZ10 and Lazer ZX body shell's for painting 

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

Awesome £8.63 for 50 1150s should keep me going for a while. Assuming I keep clear of the TL01s for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

My last order took over a month. I had nearly forgotten about it when it finally showed up. 

That happens to me too!  I think a lot of it is determined by customs.  The last order from RCMart I placed sat in customs in NYC for four days.  Sometimes I've tracked orders go in the opposite direction.  I live in NJ, I tracked a package once that went from NYC to New Hampshire then to NJ. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

RCMart is about 10 days for me with standard shipping. Ordered some stuff from banggood.com weeks ago and still nothing, so I guess it depends on what shipping companies these Chinese stores decide to use.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 4:29 PM, ALEXKYRIAK said:

.....nothing at all.

The long shocks I ordered from a seemingly reputable company in Hong Kong back in December for my monsterisation experiment on a TT02B still have not arrived.

Have been in numerous and extensive chat discussions over the last week or two with their so-called customer service department, and the long and the short of it is they won’t do anything to assist, refund or replace until a 4 week investigation has been conducted, starting from now, as the final date of the 14-39 day delivery window has just expired.

One of their postal partners has lost it in the post but no one can tell me how, why or where. Utterly disappointed in the company I bought these from. It’s actually two orders that have gone walkies.

It feels like they hate their customers  

So it’s been long. And shocking. How apt.....  (wince, sorry...)

I only ever pay using paypal with overseas, especially China. If it doesn't arrive simply charge back the money from their paypal account and let paypal deal with their whining. They have to agree to charge back conditions, otherwise paypal will not let them use their service.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ronnyhotdog said:

RCMart is about 10 days for me with standard shipping. Ordered some stuff from banggood.com weeks ago and still nothing, so I guess it depends on what shipping companies these Chinese stores decide to use.

Banggood can be upto 6 weeks to get to me in New Zealand.  The prices are so good that its worth the wait though.  The quickest from them is about 2 weeks I think.

• Thanks 1

I’ve said it before and will say it again... rcmart has THE slowest shipping EVER.... and if you order from them make sure it’s not anything you’ll need anytime soon... that’s how I started looking at it with them. It’s so bad I had a HK competitor ship a week AFTER rcmart and it arrived nearly a week before hand. Same snail mail shipping too.

• Like 3

Rather than the postman I went and collected for myself, a load of 3x10 stainless socket head screws. I paid about  £3.50 for 300 of them - should keep me going a while!

• Like 1

Not what they've brought but rather what I'm waiting for them to bring.

Am waiting on a bunch of OrangeRX receivers from Hobbyking. They apparently arrived at Heathrow on Thursday 22nd but haven't progressed any further. No doubt I'll get stung for customs but I'd like to get hold of them asap so I can put one in my Twin Detonator and have some fun in the snow that's forecast later this week.

Also waiting on 3 sets of pinions coming from China. These are for my Cougar KF2 so it can actually move and hit the track. Shipping was free so I did 3 separate orders to sneak them in under the customs threshold. Coming from TomTop (sellers name wasn't TomTop but shipping emails came from them). No idea whereabouts on the journey they are!

Hopefully the various postal services of the world will pull their fingers out! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Rather than the postman I went and collected for myself, a load of 3x10 stainless socket head screws. I paid about  £3.50 for 300 of them - should keep me going a while!

Sounds like a good price - who is the supplier & do they do mail order ? 

This beauty arrived today. It was £38 or best offer. It must have been an automated checkout thingymabob, I entered £10 and won it, with free postage. 😂

This will be on my Clod, the green one I bought will go on another project in the wind.

8fQGAfc.jpg

ozwAEyk.jpg

s6hA8es.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Granddad Stinky said:

This beauty arrived today. It was £38 or best offer. It must have been an automated checkout thingymabob, I entered £10 and won it, with free postage. 😂

This will be on my Clod, the green one I bought will go on another project in the wind.

8fQGAfc.jpg

ozwAEyk.jpg

s6hA8es.jpg

Oh oh oh, wonder if it would fit my TNX, I have made a silly offer on one 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, novicelad said:

Oh oh oh, wonder if it would fit my TNX, I have made a silly offer on one 

Get yer tape measure out! 

The wheelbase is longer than the distance between the wheels arches. As best as I can measure, it’s 300mm between wheel arches, so it’s probably 12”.

The body is 240 wide, across the wheel arch flares. 👍

32 minutes ago, Granddad Stinky said:

8fQGAfc.jpg

ozwAEyk.jpg

s6hA8es.jpg

Well done!

I doubt I’d be that lucky but I’ve found a listing and had a punt!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Well done!

I doubt I’d be that lucky but I’ve found a listing and had a punt!

The green one had solid plastic wheels but this one has a softer tire area. I’ll keep these and try making some sort of Clod adaptor.

4 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Sounds like a good price - who is the supplier & do they do mail order ? 

They do mail order but I think it's courier only which makes it less competitive.

Orbital Fasteners based out of Watford. 

Today I received my first ever paint order from CarParts4Less. I bundled in some Tamiya PS paints after realising they sold them, I was already buying some new coil springs for the family car.

Worked out as £5.12 per can which wasn't bad I thought? I think there are still some sellers beneath the £5 mark but this usually incurs a substantial postage cost?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Granddad Stinky said:

Get yer tape measure out! 

The wheelbase is longer than the distance between the wheels arches. As best as I can measure, it’s 300mm between wheel arches, so it’s probably 12”.

The body is 240 wide, across the wheel arch flares. 👍

I didn't win it  😞

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, novicelad said:

I didn't win it  😞

I’ll keep my eyes 👀 peeled.

Do the dimensions look ok?